Hello Jet Nation!
This has been a busy few weeks now that we are in the 4th week of preseason. There has been lots of movement in the rankings so let’s get to it. Here is the updated Top 200.
Let’s start with Mr Favre again. We have moved him back up the rankings a bit but I would stay far away as the Vikes do not have good mojo right now.
The biggest downgrade again this week is Sidney Rice, which is based on his hip surgery. They are saying 8 weeks at this time, stay away.
We had a few other players downgraded as well;
- Calvin Johnson- I just don’t believe he will stay healthy.
- Larry Fitzgerald-The unsettled QB situation and his down turn in yards the last 2 years will keep him as a mid level WR.
- Desean Jackson-The offense will not revolve around him now that McNabb is gone, you cannot live year to year on just long touchdowns.
- Cedric Benson- The hype is real on Bernard Scott, I say Benson loses his job by midseason.
- Joseph Addai-Has a guy ever been ranked so high with such a low YPC? Donald Brown will be taking this job this year.
- Steve Smith- He is still a quality WR but Nicks will take away from of his production and could outperform him for the season.
- Jay Cutler- If int’s count as a negative in your league, do not go here, Martz may get him injured by midseason.
- Chad Ocho Cinco- TO is now the #1 Wr, this ranking maybe lower by the start of the season.
The biggest risers we have this week is again led by Arian Foster. He is clearly the #1 back in a high octane offense.
Here are some other players who have risen in my draft rankings;
- Javid Best- He keeps moving up and looks like CJ lite.
- Michael Turner-Mike Smith of the Falcons has said they will be run heavy next year, Falcons RB’s led the NFL is carries over 20 yards and averaged 1 TD per game.
- Ryan Matthews-He has the job all by himself; no way does he not get 1 td a week.
- Steve Smith-He was very productive with Matt Moore last year and is on pace to be ready for week 1.
- Tony Romo-He could be the #1 QB this year, the Cowboys offense looks unstoppable.
- Pierre Thomas- They do not have that goal line back this year which mean more opportunities to fulfill these high expectations.
- Wes Welker-Looking healthy and running free.
- Cadillac Williams-2 years off surgery and with a rookie FA backing him up, he should have a vg year.
- Terrell Owens- He is moving on up in Palmer’s eyes but they are still a poor passing team.
We have also provided auction values based on a 10 team league with $100 salary Cap.
Later this week we will have who will overachieve or underachieve based in their average draft position. Do you have a question on a player? Visit this thread in the JetNation forums and I can provide updates as needed.