1) Revis,Westerman, Hunter ruled out- Jamaal Westerman, Wayne Hunter, and Darrelle Revis have been officially ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Buffalo Bills. Revis has started to work some drills in practice, so there is a chance he could return next week against Minnesota.
2) Mangold listed as questionable , Pace out- Nick Mangold has been officially listed as questionable for Sunday’s game. Mangold is expected to play, while Calvin Pace is now listed as out as he did not travel with the team.
3) Taylor and Woody set to play- Jason Taylor has been limited in practice, but is expected to play. Damien Woody missed a couple of days of practice for personal reasons and is expected to start and play on Sunday.
4) Davis, McGee, and Stroud out for Buffalo- The Buffalo Bills defense took a serious blow as linebacker Andra Davis, cornerback Terrence McGee, and defensive end Marcus Stroud have all been ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Jets. If there was a week where the Jets running game should put up some big numbers, this would be it.
5) Bart Scott talks Pryce and Rex- On Thursday linebacker Bart Scott offered the following comments about Trevor Pryce and Rex Ryan:
On if he was surprised that Trevor Pryce was available for the Jets to sign…
“(I was) very surprised. I think they (Baltimore) had every intention of bringing him back, but we beat them to the punch. I think that just shows you how much love people have for Rex (Ryan). He’s willing to leave a football team that’s competing for a playoff spot, possibly a Super Bowl spot, to come to another one because of the leadership that Rex has and the relationship they have. I’m sure they had every intention of cutting him and then bringing him back on Monday, but he picked Rex.”
On players wanting to play for Coach Ryan…
“I get calls all the time. Guys that say, ‘Please, I want to come.’ I get former players (and) players with other teams that played for Rex, (saying), ‘Tell Rex to come pick me up. I’m ready. Come get me.'”
On Pryce fitting in to the defense…
“Trevor has a unique skill set that works great in our system. My best year was also one of his best years. I had a 9.5 sacks. Trevor had 13.5 sacks, from (defensive) tackle. You add that kind of productivity. He has to have over 100 sacks, if not, close to it, (maybe) 80 or 90 career sacks. (It’s) the same man.”