The lockout is over, Jets football is back. If you are reading this, you survived. The next few days will see a flurry of NFL activity like never before. Free agency, signing draft picks, training camp all in the span of a few days. The Jets will open training camp in Florham Park, NJ on Sunday 7/31.
A timeline for the week, courtesy of ESPN.com, appears below. JetNation.com will recap all of the moves and break them down for you in an easy to digest format. Take it easy Jets fans and break back in slowly. We are going from no football to all things football overnight.
• Monday: Teams can go to 90-man rosters and the official free-agent list will be distributed to teams.
• Tuesday: Trades can commence. Teams can reach agreements with rookies and undrafted free agents beginning at 10 a.m. ET. Teams can reach agreements with all free agents and signed players are allowed to enter team facilities.
• Wednesday: Players can begin reporting to training camps 15 days before their first preseason games. New York Jets and Houston Texans would be the last two teams to report, on Sunday.
• Thursday: Teams can begin to cut players at 4 p.m. ET.
• Friday: Teams can begin file free-agent signings to the league office at 6 p.m. ET.
• Aug. 4: Deadline for recertification and ratification of the collective bargaining agreement by the players.
Also, be sure to visit the JetNation.com Forums for all the latest news…