- Green Bay Packers – (1) – There are health issues on the offensive line and areas to be exploited on defense, but it’s still hard to imagine anyone beating them at home in the playoffs.
- New Orleans Saints – (2) The Saints are playing very, very good football right now.
- New England Patriots (3) – The Pats took the first half off on Sunday, but still managed the win.
- San Francisco 49ers – (4) The Niners won a tough road game in Seattle. They need to find some more offense to deal with the Saints and Packers in January.
- Baltimore Ravens – (5) The Ravens are destined for the AFC’s number two seed, but their style of play is well-suited for a road win in New England.
- Pittsburgh Steelers – (6) The Steelers have to be happy it was the Rams in town for Sunday. They will be on the road against the AFC West winner, which is also a nice set of circumstances.
- New York Giants – (NR) The Giants had a great day Sunday with the satisfying win against the mouthy Jets and the Eagles taking down the Cowboys.
- Detroit Lions – (NR) The Lions are finally in the playoffs and have a winnable matchup against the winner of the NFC East
- Cincinnati Bengals – (NR) The Bengals have nine wins and none are very impressive. That being said, they have a great chance to advance to the second round with a road game in injury-plagued Houston in round one.
- Atlanta Falcons (7) – The Falcons clearly would like to avoid meeting the Saints in the playoffs.
NFL Power Rankings – Week 17
Previous post: Facing Pressure Rex Ryan Remains Positive About His QB, Team
Next post: The Jets Could Learn From The Brady Bunch