Welcome back to another week of over and underachievers. I changed the format a bit and will only focus on guys who are ranked outside the top 20 for skill positions and top 10 for QB’s and TE’s as many of you will have to always start a skill player in the top 20 regardless of matchup. This should assist more people with game day lineup decisions. Their weekly rating will always be listed in parenthesis. Last week I was able to go 6-4 for the Overachievers highlighted by RG3 and Garcon and 4-6 for over achievers being burnt by Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco. With the 1st game coming up on Thursday here is our list:
- Jay Cutler (13)- He had a great day last week being back with Marshall and favorite coach Jeremy Bates and gets the awful Packers defense this week.
- Andrew Luc k (19)- Yes he had 3 ints but if your league does not have a high penalty for turnovers , he gets the Vikings pass defense at home, I expect him to be throwing all year with their inept run game.
- Alfred Morris (24)-He is somewhat of a plodding back but expects more wide open running lanes in playing the Rams shaky run defense.
- Michael Bush (32) – The king of the short yardage touchdown, should be able to put up another 10 points next week versus the Packers.
- Jacquizz Rodgers (44)- Michael Turner could not have looked slower in preseason and then followed up with the same in their 1st game, I have a hunch Quizz gets a real chance this week.
- Dwayne Bowe (24)- He had a bit of a slow start but in playing the Bills it should let him get on the touchdown board after that performance against lesser receivers last week.
- Lance Moore (32)- The Panthers pass defense is still not good but should leave plenty of holes for the crafty Moore.
- James Jones (41)- He is the starter with Greg Jennings out of the game, expect a similar week like the last one with 80 yards and a touchdown.
- Brandon LaFell (42)- Another matchup play against the Saints defense which struggled big time against the pass last week.
- Kyle Rudolph (15)- He is a here another week with a great matchup against maybe the worst defense in the NFL
- Josh Freeman (16)- He had a quiet solid game but the new Tamp Bay philosophy is to ball control and run the ball which does not equate to a big passing day.
- Trent Richardson (22)-He looked slow and indecisive last week behind an awful offensive line.
- Michael Turner (23)- As mentioned above, I think we are seeing the end of his run as a starting running back.
- Shonn Greene(24)-He had a nice day last week but going into Pittsburgh, you must have a better alternative.
- Kevin Smith (27)- Another guy who had a nice day against a bad run defense is going to play with the big boys in the 49ers, stay away.
- Greg Jennings (26)-He is now doubtful for this week’s game, stay away.
- Jeremy Maclin (27)-He is already hurt this year and may or may not play, plan on an alternative.
- Michael Crabtree (31)- He is still living off his college career, do not start him unless desperate in a bye week.
- Jason Witten (10)-Yes he was able to play but was used as more of a decoy and word is he is still not close to 100%.
- Dustin Keller (19)-It does not look like he is on the same page as Mark Sanchez.
Thank you for reading all year and I hope my advice is helpful. Good Luck!