Welcome back to the 1st non bye week in quite some time, I always say play your studs unless your top backup has a tasty matchup like the Bills, Saints, Redskins or Jags. We will only comment on players ranked outside the top 10 for Qb’s and Te’s and outside the top 20 for Rb’s and Wr’s. If you have a question on any top players I will be happy to comment below. We went 5-5 in the Overachievers highlighted by Romo and Finley. In the underachiever spot we went 8-2 highlighted by Stewart, Wallace, T Smith. With the 3 games coming up on Thursday here is our list;
- Josh Freeman (11)-He has been a top 8 QB all year and should continue against an average Falcon defense.
- Ryan Fitzpatrick (16)-He also gets the 1st of many tasty matchups coming up against below average pass defenses.
- Vick Ballard (24)-He is getting all the touches with the Brown injury and should feast on the Bills.
- Jalen Parmele (25)-He was on the field for over 80% of the snaps on offense and gets a shaky Titan run defense.
- Bryce Brown (28)-McCoy is still having headaches and will not play, with a good matchup versus the Panthers and lion share of carries he is a solid RB2.
- Hakeem Nicks (23)-One of the biggest busts this season , he now says he is 100% healthy off the bye week.
- Cecil Shorts (28)-He is now the WR1 for the Jaguars with a decent QB in Henne he should continue to get his 9-10 targets a game that he has in the last 5 games.
- Mike Williams (31)-He should have a field day against the 2nd best corner for the Falcons in the explosive Bucs attack.
- Greg Olson (14)-The Eagles are ranked toward the bottom versus tight ends, this is a TE1 this week.
- Dwayne Allen (19)-He got a lot of attention last week from Luck and should be open quite a bit versus the leaky Bills defense.
- Carson Palmer (14)-He continues to put up good numbers but if your league takes points away for interceptions this is not a week for him.
- Philip Rivers (19)-He bailed out a bad day last week with a late touchdown but the Raven are hitting their defensive stride.
- Shonn Greene (21)-He is in a full job share with Powell and I do not expect many goal line carries versus the Patriots.
- Mikel Leshoure (24)-He has had a few big games which are usually followed up with awful games. The Texans defense gets back on track on national TV.
- Ronnie Hillman (25)-I have major doubts he can carry the load and think it will be a 3 headed job share, more of a wait and see how they use him.
- Larry Fitzgerald (23)-I cannot trust any WR who has Ryan Lindley throwing to him even though they get the fading Rams pass defense.
- Danny Amendola (24)- I think he tries to play but now in a walking boot, I would not take the chance.
- Mike Wallace (26)-Another disappointing receiver this year and has Charlie Batch throwing to him, not a good combination.
- Dustin Keller (12)-For some reason they are not running very much threw him this year, I do not see it starting this week.
- Martellus Bennett (15)-He has not been relevant in quite some time, go in another direction at tight end.
Please feel free to contact me on Twitter dvond with any questions or comments on the above article. Good Luck!