Welcome to another installment of who to start and who to sit while making your weekly fantasy football lineup decisions for the 1st week of the playoffs. We went 17-11 in the start ‘em portion and 9-5 in the sit ‘em portion, not too bad. Let’s get to this week’s list;
- Nick Foles – Keep riding the hot hand
- Josh McCown- Same as above but even better matchup.
- Alex Smith- He is another who has been a top 8 QB the past 4 weeks.
- Joe Flacco- He has been middling but if you are desperate he has a great opponent in the Vikings.
- DeMarco Murray – The Bears may have the worst rush defense in football plus the Cowboys have a new commitment to the run.
- Le’Veon Bell- He has been cleared and should roll this week.
- Ben Tate – He finally broke out last week and the Jaguars while playing better still have run defense issues.
- Giovanni Bernard – This is more about matchup with the Colts but should be a solid RB2.’
- Ray Rice – He continues to get touches and has a fantastic matchup vs the Vikings.
- Fred Jackson – He just plays and scores points each and every week, trust him for your playoffs.
- Bobby Rainey – He had a solid game and while the Bills have been better he will get plenty of chances.
- Lamar Miller – He ran the best I have ever seen him plus is getting almost all the carries even inside the 10.
- Andre Johnson – He spoke up and got more targets and always play your guys vs the Jaguars.
- DeSean Jackson – The Lions looked good vs Flynn but this will be a different world.
- Alshon Jeffrey – He will continue to roll vs the Cowboys bottom 2 pass defense.
- Torrey Smoth – He has been as consistent as you can be and should put a TD on top of his yards vs the awful Vikings secondary.
- Larry Fitzgerald – The Rams continue to give up well over 65% to wide receivers.
- Kendell Wright – He has been in the top 10 in targets since early in the year and they should have to throw vs the Broncos.
- Michael Floyd – He is becoming a star and gets the awful Rams secondary.
- Dwayne Bowe – He continues to get targeted and the Redskins make all receivers look good.
- Rueben Randle – They will have to throw vs the Chargers and he should get plenty of action.
- Jared Cook – If you are feeling lucky the Cardinals have made every tight end look good all year being the worst team defending them.
- Tony Romo- He has been better in real life than fantasy and the Bears are pretty good vs the pass.
- Philip Rivers – He has been very good but in the last 6 weeks the Giants have been a top 8 defense against QB’s.
- Ben Roethlisberger – I expect a ton of running and limited passing as Miami is tougher vs the pass.
- Andrew Luck – He continues his slide and the Bengals are top 8 against QB’s.
- LeSean McCoy – I know you have to start him but the Lions have been nasty against Rb’s, temper expectations.
- Alfred Morris – He is just not getting the touches especially in the red zone.
- Chris Johnson – Denver has been good vs Rb’s and I would not want my fantasy hopes in his hands.
- Zac Stacy – The Cardinals at home plus their very good run defense slows things up for Rams Rb.
- Frank Gore – Even with good matchup he is not producing and the Seahawks are back in stride.
- Demaryius Thomas – It would be very tough to bench a Bronco but the Titans are #1 vs the pass in the fantasy world.
- Vincent Jackson – He is way too much up and down lately plus a tough matchup and a lingering injury.
- Eric Decker – Expect a huge crash back down to earth this week.
- Keenan Allen – The Giants have been very tough vs receivers, hopefully you have better options.
- Roddy White – Sure he broke out last week but has way too many weeks where he is a non-factor.
- T.Y Hilton – Still living off the big games early, a non-factor the past 4 weeks.
- Marques Colston – Another guy who has had an awful season living off his name.
- Steve Smith – No more than 65 yards in forever.
- Tony Gonzalez – Just not seeing enough in his last year, there are better options.
Have a great week and let me know if you have any questions.