Happy Maddenoliday!!

gangreenman

About to go pick up my copy during my lunch break in about an hour or so... Called the store first thing this morning and they have a copy on hold for me.

From the previews I read the gameflow feature looks pretty cool as does the new animations and gameplay (no turbo button in default settings -- speed based on ratings etc.) which will make gameplay more realistic.

I hear they barely touched the Owner/Franchise modes...Which I guess is a good thing. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

About to go pick up my copy during my lunch break in about an hour or so... Called the store first thing this morning and they have a copy on hold for me.

From the previews I read the gameflow feature looks pretty cool as does the new animations and gameplay (no turbo button in default settings -- speed based on ratings etc.) which will make gameplay more realistic.

I hear they barely touched the Owner/Franchise modes...Which I guess is a good thing. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Hey we need someone to write the Madden review from the perspective of a Jets fan...let me know who is interested.

Thanks.

Well, if Madden 11 is ANYTHING like the demo, this will be the first time ever that I will not buy Madden. Just everything about it sucks. ESPECIALLY the drops!

Interesting...Id be curious to hear more. What exactly don't you like? Everything Ive read has said that the gameplay has gotten more realistic and smoother, it just takes some time to adjust to some of the differences.

Hey we need someone to write the Madden review from the perspective of a Jets fan...let me know who is interested.

Thanks.

I'm not getting my copy until next week, but I would be happy to write about my perspectives as well. If it is useful to have more than one perspective, I will gladly supply the second.

You're just teasing now! lol. I dont even get NFL Network, I have cablevision Brooklyn....just shoot me already. :suic3:

Hey I don't feel bad for ya...

I waited forever for cable growing up in a Brooklyn apartment building! :angry:

Hey I don't feel bad for ya...

I waited forever for cable growing up in a Brooklyn apartment building! :angry:

Played one game exhibition vs CPU... my thoughts so far:

POSITIVES

Graphics

Presentation - cut scenes and pre game presentations are real cool

Gameplay - I recorded 3 sacks in the game, unlike usually, it seems possible in this version. I also like the ability to control the upper body of the ball carrier (lean into/away from contact, etc.) The in depth audibles and adjustments you can make pre-snap on both sides is also cool.

Gameflow - The cool aspects include the ability to hear your offensive and defensive coords call in the play based on the package/personnel of the opponent. I also like how the coordinator outlines what is expected of you in the play selected.

NEGATIVES

Franchise mode - No mini/training camp drills whatsoever, so far it seems incredibly easy to sign any FA and stack a team. Mark Brunell is not on the Jets, Revis is due to make 6 million in '10 and about 8 the next 2 years (I know I shouldnt expect them to have accurate contract #s for everyone, but cmon, really?) Feels like Franchise mode has taken a step back from the past couple years.

Commentary - These guys are just plain annoying

Gameflow - Its a cool feature, but it takes all the strategy out of the game...Your not making any decisions if/when you use it. Would be cool if the feature gave you 3 plays based on opponents package for you to choose between, and maybe even recommend one (like ask madden), but I think a fun part of playing madden is getting to design your own on field strategy.

Gameplay - Just seems easy. I played one exhibition game on all pro. Sanchez had 3 tds and no picks, over 200 yds, greene had 105 yds rushing, my defense intercepted 2 balls and only allowed 7 points...

So far I give it a meh... More later

Played one game exhibition vs CPU... my thoughts so far:

POSITIVES

Graphics

Presentation - cut scenes and pre game presentations are real cool

Gameplay - I recorded 3 sacks in the game, unlike usually, it seems possible in this version. I also like the ability to control the upper body of the ball carrier (lean into/away from contact, etc.) The in depth audibles and adjustments you can make pre-snap on both sides is also cool.

Gameflow - The cool aspects include the ability to hear your offensive and defensive coords call in the play based on the package/personnel of the opponent. I also like how the coordinator outlines what is expected of you in the play selected.

NEGATIVES

Franchise mode - No mini/training camp drills whatsoever, so far it seems incredibly easy to sign any FA and stack a team. Mark Brunell is not on the Jets, Revis is due to make 6 million in '10 and about 8 the next 2 years (I know I shouldnt expect them to have accurate contract #s for everyone, but cmon, really?) Feels like Franchise mode has taken a step back from the past couple years.

Commentary - These guys are just plain annoying

Gameflow - Its a cool feature, but it takes all the strategy out of the game...Your not making any decisions if/when you use it. Would be cool if the feature gave you 3 plays based on opponents package for you to choose between, and maybe even recommend one (like ask madden), but I think a fun part of playing madden is getting to design your own on field strategy.

Gameplay - Just seems easy. I played one exhibition game on all pro. Sanchez had 3 tds and no picks, over 200 yds, greene had 105 yds rushing, my defense intercepted 2 balls and only allowed 7 points...

So far I give it a meh... More later

This is why I'm renting, thanks for the review.

I'm not getting my copy until next week, but I would be happy to write about my perspectives as well. If it is useful to have more than one perspective, I will gladly supply the second.

Thanks. Plus that puts some pressure on gang green man to deliver a quality article. I like competition, lol.

This is why I'm renting, thanks for the review.

It seems every year EA focuses on improving one aspect of the gameplay and another feature. This year its obvious the main emphaisis in terms of gameplay was the gameflow addition. In terms of another feature they focused on, it seems they put a lot into buffing up their online play/capabilities. I don't have the proper online membership to play, but ultimate team, 3 on 3 team games, and online franchises are all available (for xbox 360 at least) this year. Some of them (namely ultimate team and online franchise) look like theyd be a lot of fun and quite addicting.

Sounds like Time Warner did you horribly. Well, atleast you're making up for time with the NFL network. Im stuck with bullshyte for 6 months out the season.

I'm not sure Time Warner was even in the mix back then.

This is like when cable first came out so, I gotta think it was cable vision.

Yes, I do enjoy the NFL network. :D

Madden sucks. I'm upset with the NFL for giving them exclusive rights. EA's bullsh*tted with the franchise ever since.

I'll keep my 60 dollars.

Showed up here today $39.95 pre-ordered direct from EA.... :lol:

Seriously though, why the hate?

It is still an awesome football game regardless of what flaws you might think it has, $60 can be spent much worse.

It is still an awesome football game regardless of what flaws you might think it has, $60 can be spent much worse.

I guess the hate is there because I used to be a BIGGG Madden Fan. I purchased every Madden since 94 (excluding madden97 and 00) and I stopped buying faithfully with Madden 07. I did Buy Madden 10 for the PS3 and sent it back in 4 days. We have next gen consoles yet we're not playing next gen football. Yes the graphics are beautiful, but im not a graphics whore at all. What I noticed is that ever since they got the exclusive rights Madden has simply been the same game with a better looking "Shell" and updated rosters. Im not spending 60 dollars on that. They're no longer pushing the genre. Look at Backbreaker for instance. Yes it has its flaws simply because its their first year, but they're pushing the envelope when it comes to "next gen" physics in football gaming.

What im actually waiting for is COD Black Ops for the Wii. Graphics may not be like the PS3 360 but the motion control is the best i've ever experienced for First person shooters.

P.S. Yes, I own a Wii. Dont laugh at me.

Got mine today and also preordered from EA. I'm 3-0 online. Our defense is nasty. I like the game.

Archived