New York Jets Statement On The Fox\Cablevision Dispute

Maxman

cablevision.jpg

The New York Jets are facing an opponent from the NFC on Sunday and the game will be televised by FOX. That is unless you are a cablevision customer. Could Jets fans who are cablevision customers be blacked out? The New York Jets released this statement today from Woody Johnson:

“Today I spoke with Cablevision and News Corporation about the importance of broadcasting our game this Sunday. Both companies acknowledged the passion of our fans and their desire to watch the game. If a resolution cannot be reached, I hope that they can set aside their differences to air our game against the Packers.”

Depriving Jets fans of the rare chance they have to see Tony Siragusa on the sidelines is just not fair.

http://www.jetnation...vision-dispute/

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cablevision sucks a$$. I am being held hostage by them with this entire fiasco. Ive called numerous times and asked for a refund on those blacked out channels. I spoke with several douches who give you the company programed speel. They tell you about added channels that I wasnt charged for,only problem I dont speak Japanese,Indian or Spanish. If the NYJETS arent on my TV come Sunday I will be forced to run a wire to my neighbors and Monday morning I will be ordering DIRECT TV. Enough is enough. Yes im pissed!

Woody Johnson wants to execute Jim Dolan over the West Side Stadium sodomizing. I'm surprised the Jets aren't advertising the far superior DirecTV at every turn this week.

Free DirecTV with the purchase of every fan vision.

The only people affected by this are those in the NY metro area with cablevision, all of which are a short ride away from just going to the game or switching to another carrier.

This is really a non-issue, if you want to watch the game you can.

You get weather problems with DirectTV! The remote works too slow now!

Yeah, but you don't deal with this sh*t.

Cable. Pffffffff. Suckers.

Never had Weather problems with Direct TV and it only takes five seconds for the channel to change, I'll take that over losing service for two days and having to fight with Cablevision to send someone out to fix it, then have them come and blame it all on the electric company, and leave me with no TV.

Never had Weather problems with Direct TV and it only takes five seconds for the channel to change, I'll take that over losing service for two days and having to fight with Cablevision to send someone out to fix it, then have them come and blame it all on the electric company, and leave me with no TV.

The funny thing is that DirectTV's original boom in this area came after the whole YES debacle. You'd think they'd have learned their lesson by now. What satellite subscriber would listen to a cable solicitor in their right mind after this?

I got Time Warner and I'm going out of town this weekend and seeing the game at a friend's house, who also has Time Warner.

So it's all good.

But, of course ...

DEATH TO THE DOLANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I switched to Verizon today. Not that Newscorp is any better but Im sick of giving my money to that a$$hole Dolan

Did they run all the wires inside the walls? Did they drill holes? Did they mount a power box in your basement or crawl space? Please give us some details. Maybe things have changed since I tossed them out of my house.

Fios sucks. The customer service is in India and the installers drill so many holes in your house you think you own a piece of Swiss cheese. No thanks

Well in my case the previous owner of the place had Verizon already so they didnt do too much drilling. I'd imagine customer service sucks for most tv companies. At least with FIOS i get NFL network which is fun to watch all year round.

Well in my case the previous owner of the place had Verizon already so they didnt do too much drilling. I'd imagine customer service sucks for most tv companies. At least with FIOS i get NFL network which is fun to watch all year round.

Agree but Direct TV has the NFL package and you can watch any game you want.

Woody Johnson wants to execute Jim Dolan over the West Side Stadium sodomizing. I'm surprised the Jets aren't advertising the far superior DirecTV at every turn this week.

LOL

Those of you that are still mourning the lose of the WSS, and can still afford seats in a shared stadium in the swamps of NJ, be thankful. You wouldn’t be able to afford seats in a single sponsored stadium in Manhattan.

All games would be blacked out

Because DirectTV's market share is no more than 18%. That would be a waste of advertising dollars.

The newer dishes arent supposed to be effected by rain or snow. I saw a RainX product for dishes in BestBuy. Anyone with a dish please chime in.

I had Directv until 1 year ago. The new dish only lost the signal in a very bad rain storm. I now have FIOS. I don't know where all this stuff about drilling holes etc.. They install an ONT box on the side of the house. It will require an AC power feed for the battery backup. This is in case of a power failure. Unlike Cablevision, the phone is NOT an internet phone and will continue to work if power is lost. They will use your existing wiring in your house. You will need a box for every set, but Cablevision requires that also now. Any other questions?

Also, this will not be resolved soon. Today Cablevision made an offer to FOX. They would agree to pay FOX what Time Warner pays them, but for only 1 year. FOX has rejected this. A big reason for the tuff stand is Dish Network. Their agreement with FOX expires on Monday. They have 4x the subscribers that Cablevision has. So they know that whatever happens with this negotiation will affect the negotiation with Dish. So don't expect to see FOX on Cablevision for a while.

Maybe when they can show the Knicks and Rangers in HD.

Not to mention the isle's and devils too.

Which is because Cablvision owns MSG and holds the HD broadcast hostage to eff Verizon.

Jim Dolan is a total dickhead. If Cablevision didn't have so many people locked into their ISP arm nobody would buy their sh*tty products.

Which is because Cablvision owns MSG and holds the HD broadcast hostage to eff Verizon.

Jim Dolan is a total dickhead. If Cablevision didn't have so many people locked into their ISP arm nobody would buy their sh*tty products.

I agree.

That's where I'm at. I used to hate Cablevision before I got my internet thru them, now I tolerate them. Have to say, I have almost no service problems, though.

Where do you dish owners get your interwebz from?

Archived