Post Game Interviews

Maxman

Just put two on the home page Cotcheryand Weatherford.

Here is Revis:

New York Jets DB Darrelle Revis, 10.31

On if this is as close as the defense has been to last season’s…

I don’t think we’re trying to compete against what happened last year. I think we’ve got a great group of guys here and we just want to play great football, great defense. That’s what the coaches preach here.

On how they were so successful in shutting down Aaron Rodgers…

We just changed some things. Our defensive schemes are very complex and we wanted to throw a couple of things at him. Dwight Lowry got a sack in the game, so we just wanted to bring pressure in different ways (and) try to make him move.

On if he feels completely healthy physically…

I felt great. I told you earlier in the week I was 100 percent and I felt good. I’m out here playing and I’m covering guys and I’m just trying to get back into my form of great football.

On if his coverage ability allowed the team to get pressure on Rodgers…

I’m not going to make this an individual thing because we’ve got some great guys on defense. I’m just one piece of the puzzle and I’m just trying to do my job.

On if the defense has to carry the offense like it did last season…

It can take you back, but our offense has been doing a great job this year. It was an up-and-down game, a lot of things going wrong, and the momentum wasn’t there for us today.

On if the time off caused the team to be rusty…

I think Rex (Ryan) did great, letting guys get away for the whole week to just clear their minds and come back fresh. I don’t think this (the loss) has anything to do with us getting the week off. We practiced well the whole week. Everybody felt good. Everybody is healthy. We just let one slip by.

New York Jets RB LaDainian Tomlinson, 10.31

On how frustrating the loss is…

Mama said there’d always be days like this. We don’t like to have those days, but sometimes it’s going to happen. This is definitely embarrassing, not to put any points on the scoreboard. The credit goes to them. They were well-prepared. They did their job in getting us off the field, and we couldn’t score.

On joining Walter Payton as only the second player to rush for 13,000 rushing yards and 4,000 passing yards…

It’s a great honor for me. The late, great, Walter Payton, he was my favorite player of all-time, the reason I wanted to play the position. It’s an honor to do what he did. To be considered in that class, to do the rushing and receiving, to join him, it’s special. It really is. I grew up watching him as a younger kid before he retired. There was no better person or player that I can say I am right there alongside with him.

On not having scored a touchdown in their two losses…

It is alarming, but at the same time, we can look at ourselves and say a lot of times, it’s what we didn’t do. Today was that case. We just killed ourselves with self-inflicted wounds. (We) had a couple turnovers that are not like us. It definitely wasn’t our best performance.

New York Jets QB Mark Sanchez, 10.31

On whether he was disappointed with the game’s outcome…

It’s disappointing for everyone across the board – except for the defense of course. I think our defense did a really good job today. It was a great effort. They held them to nine points and we need to help them out on offense. That starts with the quarterback. I can’t give them picks like that. I was happy with the decisions but the throws have to be better. It was a poor performance by myself and it’s tough to get an offense going when your quarterback isn’t playing well.<br style="">

On slow first-half start…

I think some passes got away from me. The good thing was that I was making the right decisions with the ball – I just wasn’t putting it in the right spot and I have to help the receivers out. When I’m not playing well, it’s really hard for Schotty (Brian Schottenheimer) to make the right calls. It’s hard to get the running game going when we’re not getting completions and we left a lot of completions out there today. It’s just a poor job on my part.

On whether he thought WR Santonio Holmes’ dropped ball would have been a touchdown…

I think so. I just have to get the ball up – a foot, foot and a half – and it’s an easy catch for him and he’s gone. It’s a bad job by me.

On poor first-half accuracy…

It’s tough to pinpoint. I’m going to go back and look at the film. I felt good in the pocket. I thought our offensive line did a good job and gave me plenty of time. Sometimes you just have days like this. When we’re playing poorly like that and their defense really gets after it and takes two picks that makes it hard on us. I just have to get better. Whatever it is, I have to identify it and get better.

On whether the wind contributed to his performance…

There’s no excuse for the wind. I was throwing the ball well in pregame and it was windy in pregame. The wind was not a factor in my opinion.<br style="">

On interception by Packers CB Charles Woodson…

I think he made a really good play. It was a pretty good hustle play and he finished the play really well. If I could have it back, I’d try to just put it another six inches inside and maybe Dustin (Keller) catches it even easier. He just made a good veteran play.

On whether he felt the loss was just a bump in the road or a step backward…

With the kind of players we have and the coaching, this is definitely just a bump in the road. It something we’ll be able to battle back from. It’s too bad because we got a great turnout from our fans. We came back fresh and ready to go. Rex (Ryan) gave us a long bye week. We got a chance to get home and see our families and we come back and have a poor performance on offense. There’s no excuse for it, but we know we can get better and the mistakes out there were physical today, not mental. Guys were running the right routes. I was throwing the ball to the right guy. I just need to be more accurate. We can correct physical mistakes and that’s a good thing.

On being comfortable in the pocket…

I felt good in the pocket, standing in there. I knew they had a great edge pass rush. I thought our offensive tackles did a great job of pushing them and letting them run by me, and getting me a chance to step up in the pocket and see plays down the field late. Hitting J-Co (Jerricho Cotchery) down the middle a couple of times, I felt solid in there. I just couldn’t hit anything in the first half. There’s no excuse for it but it just needs to get better. That’s something I’ll work on this week.

On playing against Don Capers’ defense…

They did a great job of mixing up their calls. We had opportunities but we just didn’t execute. We caught them on zone blitz with (Packers linebacker AJ) Hawk running down the middle with Jerricho (Cotchery). That’s the deep one we hit. Then, we’re rolling. That’s almost a 50-plus yard completion. On plays like that, we just have to capitalize. We had drives going, and then I throw a pick on two different drives. That just can’t happen. That’s where his defense will really get you. It wasn’t that we were confused, we just shot ourselves in the foot at some times and two of those big ones were my fault.

On attempting to convert the third-down to Cotchery…

I think that if I was smarter, I would have ran it on the third down myself. Just get up in the pocket to get a few yards back, so that it’s fourth-and-manageable so that it’s not fourth-and-10 or fourth-and-11. It’s one of those plays that if I could have done it all over again, I would have tried to find somebody else underneath or try and run it myself.

On his frustration with dropped passes…

I just need to be better with my accuracy. With every dropped ball today, I think there were twice as many poor throws on my part. Nobody’s pointing fingers. We have a great group of receivers and it’s my job to get them the ball. I just need to get better.

On the loss being motivation to come out better next week…

I think for every guy, when you don’t play your best game, win or lose, you’re not going to try and do anything extra special or change up your routine. You’ll just get back to work because you know how to play. That’s my plan. I know everyone in there, especially on offense, we looked at each other and said that we didn’t have our best day. We’ll come back and have a real good one next week and that’s it.

On what head coach Rex Ryan said to the team post-game…

I think he was disappointed because he knows the effort is there. He knows our effort is always there, we just didn’t finish plays. It’s hard on him when the offense is playing so poorly, the defense is keeping us in the game and at the end, we have to win that game. In some way, shape or form, we have to win that game. I can’t throw up balls. I can’t be 15-for-whatever I was. It was a terrible line for a quarterback. I have to be more accurate. I think that’s why Coach is angry. He knows that we have good players in the right positions. The coaches worked all week to get us in the right positions and we were there or either I didn’t make the throw or I threw it to the other team. So that’s not good.

On remembering the last time he was shutout as a quarterback…

No, I can’t. I cannot. It’s not a good thing, though. We need to get back on track and we will.

On the bye week affecting the outcome of today’s game…

Not the way we practiced all week. Even on Monday when we came back, we looked at the film and thought that we were doing really well for a Monday after a bye week. Usually guys are jet-lagged, or tired, and their legs are dead. But guys were flying around, we could have practiced twice as long on Monday. All week long, guys were fresh and excited to get back on the field. The effort was there, it was just poor execution so I don’t think it had anything to do with the bye week.

Just put two on the home page Cotcheryand Weatherford.

Here is Revis:

New York Jets DB Darrelle Revis, 10.31

On if this is as close as the defense has been to last season’s…

I don’t think we’re trying to compete against what happened last year. I think we’ve got a great group of guys here and we just want to play great football, great defense. That’s what the coaches preach here.

On how they were so successful in shutting down Aaron Rodgers…

We just changed some things. Our defensive schemes are very complex and we wanted to throw a couple of things at him. Dwight Lowry got a sack in the game, so we just wanted to bring pressure in different ways (and) try to make him move.

On if he feels completely healthy physically…

I felt great. I told you earlier in the week I was 100 percent and I felt good. I’m out here playing and I’m covering guys and I’m just trying to get back into my form of great football.

On if his coverage ability allowed the team to get pressure on Rodgers…

I’m not going to make this an individual thing because we’ve got some great guys on defense. I’m just one piece of the puzzle and I’m just trying to do my job.

On if the defense has to carry the offense like it did last season…

It can take you back, but our offense has been doing a great job this year. It was an up-and-down game, a lot of things going wrong, and the momentum wasn’t there for us today.

On if the time off caused the team to be rusty…

I think Rex (Ryan) did great, letting guys get away for the whole week to just clear their minds and come back fresh. I don’t think this (the loss) has anything to do with us getting the week off. We practiced well the whole week. Everybody felt good. Everybody is healthy. We just let one slip by.

New York Jets RB LaDainian Tomlinson, 10.31

On how frustrating the loss is…

Mama said there’d always be days like this. We don’t like to have those days, but sometimes it’s going to happen. This is definitely embarrassing, not to put any points on the scoreboard. The credit goes to them. They were well-prepared. They did their job in getting us off the field, and we couldn’t score.

On joining Walter Payton as only the second player to rush for 13,000 rushing yards and 4,000 passing yards…

It’s a great honor for me. The late, great, Walter Payton, he was my favorite player of all-time, the reason I wanted to play the position. It’s an honor to do what he did. To be considered in that class, to do the rushing and receiving, to join him, it’s special. It really is. I grew up watching him as a younger kid before he retired. There was no better person or player that I can say I am right there alongside with him.

On not having scored a touchdown in their two losses…

It is alarming, but at the same time, we can look at ourselves and say a lot of times, it’s what we didn’t do. Today was that case. We just killed ourselves with self-inflicted wounds. (We) had a couple turnovers that are not like us. It definitely wasn’t our best performance.

kid is rock solid.taking it on the chin for his entire offense.his receivers left him to die out there and he takes the blame

kid is rock solid.taking it on the chin for his entire offense.his receivers left him to die out there and he takes the blame

If he wants to be the leader of this offense thats how he's gotta act. He's gotta take responsibility of the goods and bads of the offense. Every play goes through him. I was impressed with his answers, I hope that means he's growing and hes gonna be ready to bounce back against a sub par Detroit D.

Archived