Rex says 2nd biggest game in franchise history.

visajets

I think he's right. And it will go down as the 2nd biggest win in franchise history if we can get it.

Actually he is saying it is the 2nd biggest game win or lose.

"I think it'll be huge, this one will probably be the second-biggest in the history of the franchise," Ryan told reporters today.

And he is wrong.

If the Jets lose it is just another one of Jets playoff loses.

If the Jets win and then lose to Raven/Steelers it is mere footnote in the Jets history.

If the Jets win this one and then go on the win the SB, than the SB becomes number 2 after SBIII.

If the Jets win the AFCCG and lose the SB than the AFCCG becomes #2.

But then again he he has called week 2 games superbowls so him being full of sh*t is nothing new.

And he is wrong.

If the Jets lose it is just another one of Jets playoff loses.

If the Jets win and then lose to Raven/Steelers it is mere footnote in the Jets history.

If the Jets win this one and then go on the win the SB, than the SB becomes number 2 after SBIII.

But then again he he has called week 2 games superbowls so him being full of sh*t is nothing new.

Your opinion doesn't count.

The lone win in our 1-15 season has to factor in there somewhere. Just in terms of what it avoided... ;)

Adrian Murell gave Kotite the game ball after that magnificent win against Arizona. Kotite was beaming with pride.

Adrian Murell gave Kotite the game ball after that magnificent win against Arizona. Kotite was beaming with pride.

IIRC the Dolphins were pretty ecstatic with their overtime win in 2007 too. Ya gotta be pretty relieved to know that even though the season still sucks it won't be in the history books. Patriots had a 1-15 season but never had to go thru the pain of the media and fans discussing a possible winless season as the one win game early in the season.

You think losing the Oakland Raiders was the highlight of the franchise?

Biggest games don't have to be highlights. Fortunately you're a Patriots fan so you have the luxury of being too dumb to recognize that there's a difference. The loss at Oakland was certainly the franchise-defining game of my lifetime. That's not a big game?

Biggest games don't have to be highlights. Fortunately you're a Patriots fan so you have the luxury of being too dumb to recognize that there's a difference. The loss at Oakland was certainly the franchise-defining game of my lifetime. That's not a big game?

Pittsburgh 04 was worse. At least in the 02 game they got their a$$ kicked. Neither one of those teams was that good though.

But those two scenarios you're assuming there is another game, how can Rex say those games are more important when they've yet to happen?? Maybe after this game the next game becomes the second most important game in the history of the franchise, keeping our SB victory #1 and moving this game down to #3. It could be considered the 2nd most important game, but easily be moved down the line if we get to the SB. I'm sure even Rex would admit that.

Losses can be big. But I am not going to rank the 2006 AFCCG as a bigger moment in Patriots history than winning the 2001 SB. 2006 AFCCG makes the top 10 most significant games but not number 1 overall. And that is what you did. You put a playoff loss ahead of a Superbowl win. And not only the most significant game in Jets history, but arguable the most historically significant football games in history of the league. The loss to Oakland can not top SBIII.

"I think it'll be huge, this one will probably be the second-biggest in the history of the franchise," Ryan told reporters today. "Obviously Super Bowl III being the most. Even more so than last year's Indianapolis game (in the AFC Championship), this year is huge because you've got your rival, a team that's won three Super Bowls right there in your own division, at their place, coming off the huge, embarrassing loss that we had in the Monday Night game, I think this — without question — will be the second-biggest game in the history of the franchise. That's my opinion."

Of course its that big in his opinion, he's the F'ing coach.

You guys saying he's wrong and naming other teams in irrelevant. You think Rex gave a sh*t about the choke job in 98? And last years AFCCG was last year, was last year. Rex is living in the moment. Take a ride man.

And that is what you did. You put a playoff loss ahead of a Superbowl win. And not only the most significant game in Jets history, but arguable the most historically significant football games in history of the league.

You see, it would be this mat that you would put on the floor... and it would have different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.

Archived