The NY Jets sent out this press release and it has the information that season ticket holders have been waiting to here. Tailgating will return this season and the parking lots will be open 5 hours before kickoff. Here is all of the information from the team, including a face mask update and cashless transactions.
Tailgating Will Return for Jets Home Games; Face Masks Will Not Be Required
Based on Current State Executive Order
June 17, 2021 – To ensure a safe and healthy guest experience for all fans, the Jets and MetLife Stadium have established the following protocols based on guidance from the CDC and pursuant to the current New Jersey executive order.
- FACE MASKS – As permitted by current New Jersey policies on businesses and gatherings, MetLife Stadium will operate at full capacity without a face mask requirement. Fans who are not fully vaccinated should continue to wear masks in indoor public spaces and are not required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test or show a vaccination card for entry.
- CASH FREE TRANSACTIONS – To reduce touch points, MetLife Stadium will now operate cash-free. Cash will not be accepted at concession stands and retail locations. The Jets prefer Visa as a form of payment at MetLife Stadium. Pay with a debit or credit card using Contactless Tap to Pay or Mobile Wallet, Chip or Swipe. Reverse ATM machines will be available throughout the stadium for guests to convert cash to a prepaid Visa debit card valid for in-stadium purchases and anywhere a credit card or debit card is accepted.
- MOBILE TICKETING – To ensure contactless entry, all tickets for Jets game at MetLife Stadium will be mobile-only. Your phone is your ticket. For more information on how to access and manage your mobile tickets, visit nyjets.com/mobileticketing.
- TAILGATING & STADIUM ENTRY – Tailgating will be permitted. Parking lots will open (5) hours prior to kickoff and entry gates will open two hours prior to kickoff.
- ENHANCED CLEANING & SANITIZATION – Enhanced and frequent cleaning and disinfecting protocols have been implemented throughout the stadium including the use of electrostatic sprayers and hospital-grade cleaning supplies. High-touch surfaces and high-traffic areas are continuously monitored and cleaned during and after the event. Hand sanitizer dispensers are widely available throughout the stadium at entrances, concourses, and restrooms.
*Additional Jets Gameday protocols and measures will be shared closer to the start of the season.
You can read more in our forums and see what fans are saying about the NY Jets tailgate.