Sunday/Scrimmage Articles

slats

Jets' 'new talent' stands out in Green-and-White scrimmage

tomlinsonjpg-5898a81eadb336bc_large.jpg

Published: Saturday, August 07, 2010, 8:46 PM Updated: Sunday, August 08, 2010, 12:39 AM

userpic-3492-100x100.png Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- It didn't take long for LaDainian Tomlinson to send a message to 9,500 Jets fans tonight.

On the first play of the Jets' annual Green-and-White scrimmage, the 31-year-old running back was split out wide, matched up against linebacker David Harris. He ran a go route up the left sideline, quarterback Mark Sanchez threw him a perfect pass, and Tomlinson sprinted into the end zone for a 70-yard touchdown.

"That was kind of my plan," Tomlinson said. "Just to show people I can still play this game, I've still got a lot left in the tank. I think, coming out here, people are starting to see I've got a lot left in the tank."

Tomlinson had two catches for 85 yards and the touchdown, and receiver Santonio Holmes added big catches of 29 and 33 yards, in an hour-long scrimmage Ryan called "a showcase for some of the new talent we brought in here."

"He's outstanding as a receiver, out of the backfield and also flexed out," Ryan said of Tomlinson, who signed with the Jets in March. "We never had that last year. When Leon (Washington) went down, we lost that. ... This guy is, as I call him, the best third-down back in the league."

Sanchez, who was 3-for-7 for 114 yards and a touchdown, looked his sharpest of camp, with just one throw -- another pass to Tomlinson -- off target. He didn't turn the ball over. Safety James Ihedigbo did get to Sanchez for a would-be sack.

The second-year quarterback is enjoying an offense that he called "big play by committee." Holmes came to the Jets in an April trade.

"Truth be told, that’s all myself, Jerricho (Cotchery) and Braylon (Edwards) do is sit on the sideline and talk about how great we can be," Holmes said. "We’re constantly pushing each other to the max."

Rookie running back Joe McKnight, who Ryan said had a slight ankle injury, turned in a few nice plays, including a run for 25-plus yards and another 9-yard catch. But Ryan said he'd like to see the fourth-round pick show more authority between the tackles.

Kicker Nick Folk, who fixed the alignment on his approach this offseason, missed a 38-yard attempt. But Ryan said they rearranged the schedule and Folk hadn't warmed up yet when he came on the field for the kick.

Notes: Matt Slauson took reps at left guard with the first-team offense on the opening drive. Rookie Vladimir Ducasse rotated in with the first team on the second drive. ... WR David Clowney, who missed two practices Friday for personal reasons, was not at the scrimmage. He was originally expected back for meetings Friday night, but Ryan said he's now hoping he'll return Monday. ... TE Jeff Cumberland, who sustained a head injury Friday, did not participate. ... Players have Sunday off before resuming two-a-days Monday.

[url=http://http//www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/08/jets_new_talent_stands_out_in.html]

Rex Ryan, New York Jets need to back up their bluster by putting together a big season

Mike Lupica

Sunday, August 8th 2010, 4:00 AM

alg_lupica_ryan.jpg Simmons/NewsRex Ryan points New York Jets to the moon and beyond with expectations.

So now they are back under the big top again, six months after they nearly backed up the big coach's big talk and made it all the way to the Super Bowl, telling us all to step right in. Six months later, the Jets are as much of an act, and not just on HBO, as they are a championship football team:Coach Ryan's Sons of Anarchy.

But now comes the hard part for them, as hard as making the run they did last January all the way to Lucas Oil Stadium for the AFC Championship Game. That means proving they are worth the headlines and the hype and the money that has been spent on them already and the money that will eventually be spent on Darrelle Revis.

Suddenly the Jets are covered like they're the football Yankees. They're not. They are talented and colorful and might have the most colorful coach or manager now working in all of professional sports. They also backed into the playoffs last season at 9-7 because the Colts chose not to play to win in the second-to-last game of the regular season.

And when they did find themselves one half of football from the Super Bowl Ryan had guaranteed for them, Peyton Manning carved his initials into all of them - the coach included - the way kids carve initials into trees.

Now they are back, with new players like Santonio Holmes and Antonio Cromartie and Jason Taylor and LaDainian Tomlinson and a famous holdout named Darrelle Revis, their best defensive player, one who has decided he wants to be paid like A-Rod or Jeter. They do have HBO giving them the treatment all modern athletes think they should get, which means recording everything they say and do for a television show.

Coach Ryan's Sons of Anarchy. Like some Jersey version of the old Oakland Raiders, the ones who had their own biker mentality, but could win the game, too. The Jets have become an old Jimmy Breslin line: If you don't blow your horn, there is no music.

It all starts with the coach, of course. Woody Johnson and Mike Tannenbaum knew they were hiring a players' coach, a defensive guy, a guy with a personality to fit his size. With all that, they could never really have seen this guy coming. The way they could never have known that their Southern California quarterback, Mark Sanchez, one who looks like he should be quarterbacking a team on "One Tree Hill," would take to the bright lights of the big stage as quickly and as easily as he did.

Now they all are carrying themselves as though they actually won a lot more than two playoff games last season. But that is modern sports: If you win enough and have enough of an act, you don't have to be great to be instantly famous.

"I've won a lot more than that person writing it, I can promise you that," Ryan said.

The defensive coach sounding more than somewhat defensive here.

"I've been there," Ryan continues. "My family's been to a bunch of these things. I know how to get there."

Yeah, we get it, Coach, sometimes it sounds as if you're a member of the Lombardi family.

He knows what everybody knows: This big talk doesn't matter if he doesn't get there as a head coach. The coach keeps talking, anyway, all of us having convinced him we're hanging on every word and every prediction. Ryan keeps saying that if he thinks it, why not say it? So he does.

The Sons of Anarchy all seem to have gone all in with him, fallen right in behind him. This is the first training camp after the run to the AFC Championship Game. For now, there is still something new about all of this with the Jets. It will get old fast if the Jets turn out to be just a 9-7 team that got lucky at the right time, then got hot.

August 7, 2010 8:41 PM 24 Comments

Jets' new offensive weapons shine in scrimmage »

By Manish Mehta

CORTLAND - The Jets flashed some of their new offensive weaponry in the Green-and-White scrimmage tonight. From LaDainian Tomlinson’s 70-yard touchdown catch on the first play from scrimmage to Santonio Holmes’ pair of long receptions, Rex Ryan’s team showed they may be more than simply a ground-and-pound force in 2010.

“The scrimmage was a showcase for some of the talent we brought in here,” Ryan said. “We’re going to be able to beat you in several different ways this year.”

Mark Sanchez, who unofficially went 3 of 7 for 114 yards and a touchdown in three series, showed great touch on a deep pass down the left sideline to Tomlinson on the opening play. Tomlinson, who was split out wide left, beat David Harris on a go route to make an emphatic statement.

“That was kind of my plan just to show people that I can still play this game,” said Tomlinson, who had two catches for 85 yards and a TD. “I still got a lot left in the tank. People are starting to see that I still got a lot left in the tank.”

Ryan praised Tomlinson’s pass protection skills and pass-catching prowess.

“We never had that last year,” Ryan said of Tomlinson’s receiving skills. “When Leon (Washington) went down, we lost that. Shonn (Greene’s) a different kind of back. He’s improving in the passing game, but he’s no LT. This guy is the best third down back in the league…. He can still do it…. If you put a linebacker on him, good luck to you.”

Holmes caught passes for 29 and 33 yards as well for an offense that Sanchez dubbed “big play by committee.”

Said Holmes: “I treated it as if it was a gameday. I know I got to go out there and perform. I got a lot of fans here watching. Everyone’s anticipating what I’m going to do and how I’m going to play. How is the chemistry going to be between myself and the team and with Mark? We’re learning together right now. We’re trusting each other…. Truth be told, that’s all myself, Jerricho (Cotchery) and Braylon (Edwards) do - talk about great we can be.”

NOTES

PK Nick Folk missed a 38-yard FG to end the second series of the scrimmage…. Matt Slauson and Vlad Ducasse alternated reps with the first team…

WR David Clowney, who missed both of Friday’s practices due to personal reasons, didn’t participate in the scrimmage. Ryan said he expects the wideout to be back for Monday’s practice. (The team has an off day on Sunday).

Rookie RB Joe McKnight, who was nursing a minor ankle injury, had some nifty runs, including a 25+ yarder around the right end.

“I wanted to see him pound it in there for two (yards),” Ryan said. “Keep pounding it in there and eventually you’ll get through it. He made a couple nice runs... but I still want to see him run with a little more authority in between the tackles.”

Ryan on Sanchez: “He was on a roll. He’s got a great command our system now. He’s recognizing defenses. He’s ready to go. It doesn’t hurt when you have that core of receivers out there.”

Calvin Pace and James Inhedigbo were credited with "sacks." (No tackling on QBs).

QB Mark Brunell was unofficially 1 of 5 for 33 yards.

Attendance: 9.500.

For more Jets news, follow Manish Mehta on Twitter at http://twitter.com/TheJetsStream

Jets' Sanchez grabbing leadership mantle

Jets BlogLast Updated: 7:08 AM, August 8, 2010

Posted: 5:20 AM, August 8, 2010

Steve Serby

CORTLAND — This was the watershed moment when Mark Sanchez be came the leader of the Jets. When The Kid became The General. It happened Thursday night, The Post has learned, inside the club’s Corey Union headquarters on the SUNY-Cortland campus, when the second-year Sanchise quarterback grabbed ownership of his offense in a way that rallies teammates to a quarterback’s side.

“We were actually going through one of our different packages, and it’s not exactly what he said, but it’s the fact that he stood up and he stopped Schotty [offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer] for a second while he’s going through our install, and he explained everything to us, broke it down for us,” tight end Dustin Keller.Jeff Zelevansky

"I think it was like the first time ever that we were kinda like, ‘Damn, he’s really taking lead, and this is it, this is our leader, and he’s doing it right now.’ He stepped up big time. And it’s not what he said but the way he said it.” How did he say it? “He made sure that everybody had his attention and . . . he took over the room,” Keller said. “And that’s what you want from your quarterback, you want them to take over the room, and when they call something out, be able to talk to individuals, not everybody collectively, and that way you know that he knows everything that’s going on.”

Sanchez recounted that moment for The Post.

“We were putting in a package that Schotty and I were really passionate about,” Sanchez said. “Schotty had to go real fast ’cause Rex [coach Rex Ryan] wanted us out by 9:30, so we had like a half hour to install. So Schotty was going over one of our packages . . . he said it . . . there was just something I had to add to it, I don’t know, I felt like I had to add it, it was something that Schotty and I had talked about before. He didn’t know I was gonna say anything. I just said, ‘Hey Schott, can I get a second?’

“And I just stood up and told everybody exactly how I wanted it to go, and exactly how I knew it would work.”

Sanchez sat down, temporarily oblivious to the jolt of electricity he had sent through the room.

“A lot of the guys were like, ‘OK. . . . All right!’ ” Sanchez said. “Damien Woody’s like, ‘All right, swagger, OK.’ Woody’ll say that anytime you assume command, you take charge. It’s one of his things. When he said it, it was like, ‘That’s the way I want it to be.’ And Schotty does too. He wants me to own this offense. . . . It was a good moment for the offense in general. . . . I think it was the right time.”

Sanchez resembles a 10-year-old kid running down the field to celebrate with his teammates. But suddenly, he isn’t reluctant to step on toes. Drop a pass and Sanchez might say: “You have to make that play for me.”

“You need that coming from your quarterback, like, ‘Hey, I’m holding you accountable,’ ” Jerricho Cotchery says. “ ‘If you want me to put it in a perfect spot, you better catch it.’ ”

Ryan said he notices an entirely different energy level on the field the minute Sanchez, with his infectious joie de vivre, shows up. He envisions a glorious 10-year run with him.

“I hope he can be one of these guys that we were talking greatness about,” Ryan said. “And I think that’s where he’s gonna be one day. I don’t doubt that for a second.”

Said Cotchery: “Ten years down the road, he’s gonna have some Super Bowls, no doubt about it.”

Sanchez is a young man in a hurry. “If this camp feels this good, I can’t wait to see what next year’s like,” he said. “As a competitor I want it to be next camp this camp. I want to be able to make that jump and not go through all the pitfalls that every sophomore quarterback has to. I want to be ahead of the curve.”

This head coach and this quarterback have a unique bond.

“I’m so comfortable with defensive coaches because of Coach [former USC coach Pete] Carroll,” Sanchez said. “But when we get on the field, I’m comin’ after his defense. I want to beat him bad, I want to burn him. But then as soon as we’re off the field it’s the best relationship ever and he’ll ask, ‘How are the guys feeling?’ He wants my feedback ’cause he knows I’m honest with him. He knows I’m an extension of the coaching staff, and I want to help. I love that — having someone I’m close with and really respect.”

Said Ryan: “He’s just a guy that you want to be your quarterback.”

Tomlinson's 70-yard TD catch highlights scrimmage

Jets BlogBy MARK CANNIZZARO

Last Updated: 2:05 AM, August 8, 2010

CORTLAND -- It was only an intra-squad scrimmage, but the Jets provided an intriguing snapshot of exciting things to come this season on offensive.

Many of the highlights in last night's 67-minute scrimmage came from the stars who were acquired in the offseason -- with running back LaDainian Tomlinson and receiver Santonio Holmes leading the way.

"This was a showcase of some of the new talent we brought in," coach Rex Ryan said.

It didn't take long for the Jets to electrify the 9,500 fans packed in to watch the scrimmage at SUNY Cortland, as Mark Sanchez, operating in an empty backfield on the first play, launched a pass about 30 yards in the air to Tomlinson that went for a 70-yard touchdown. "This is what he brings to the table," Ryan said of Tomlinson. "We never had that when Leon Washington went out last year [with an injury]. Look at [Tomlinson's] receiving skills. Put a linebacker on him and good luck."

Just ask linebacker David Harris, who tried in vain to cover Tomlinson on the scoring play.

"My plan was to show people that I can still play this game and that I still have a lot left in the tank," Tomlinson said.

Ryan, who always favors his defense, grudgingly said the offense had the "edge" in the scrimmage -- quite a bit of a different story from the scrimmage last year when Sanchez was a rookie trying to win the starting job and the defense dominated.

"Sanchez really looked good," Ryan said. "He has such great command now."

Holmes caught a couple of long passes -- the first a 35-yarder from Mark Brunell on which he beat cornerback Marquice Cole and the second a 34-yarder from Sanchez on which he beat cornerback Brian Jackson.

"What we've been doing out there in practice is only a glimpse of what you'll see in the season," Holmes said.

"Big play by committee," Sanchez called the offense.

WR David Clowney still is tending to a personal issue and was excused again yesterday. Ryan said he hopes to have him back in camp tomorrow when practice resumes after a day off today. . . . TE Jeff Cumberland, who took a blow to the head the other day in practice, sat out the scrimmage.

The Jets have been using WR Braylon Edwards on the field goal block team because he's tall and can jump high. . . . Moments before the scrimmage began a large group of fans were chanting, "We want Revis."

As of last night there didn't appear to be any movement in the Revis contract dispute.

Former Raiders QB mentors Jets' Sanchez

Jets BlogBy MARK CANNIZZARO

Rich Gannon was willing to help and Mark Sanchez was willing to learn.

It was a perfect combination, a two-day date back in the spring, when Gannon, the former NFL quarterback whose accomplishments include multiple Pro Bowls, a league MVP and a Super Bowl, did some private tutoring of the Jets second-year quarterback.

The get together was arranged by Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, who knew Gannon from their time together in Kansas City.

Because one of Sanchez's most impressive traits is his willingness to be coached and his desire to improve, he embraced the idea. Sanchez said he was grateful for the knowledge Gannon brought to him, calling the experience "invaluable."

It didn't take Gannon long before he realized just how committed Sanchez is to being great.

"We met until 8:30 or 9 on a Monday night and I asked him, 'When do you want to come in tomorrow morning?' He said, 'How about 6 a.m.?' " Gannon told The Post. "This guy has got a chance to be really good. He's a smart guy, can handle everything and his upside is pretty big.

"He's got all the things you're looking for in a quarterback," Gannon went on. "He's got that it factor. He's sharp, passionate about it, loves to be challenged, loves to be coached. This is a pretty good situation the Jets have with this guy."

Before meeting with Sanchez, Gannon did a comprehensive "diagnosis" of tapes from 2009 and he picked out several areas for improvement.

* The first was a call for more detailed organization and preparation leading up to games.

Schottenheimer called Gannon "legendary" for his game preparation and wanted him to impart that to Sanchez, who needed some help with his organization and preparation.

"It's pretty standard with young players to be overwhelmed with the schedule and everything else that goes on," Gannon said. "I spent lot of time talking to him about what should happen during the week so that by the time the game gets there he's totally prepared."

* The perfect combination: Completion percentage and no interceptions.

"He was at 53 percent [53.8] last year and I told him that number needs to get to 63 percent this year," Gannon said. "I told him he should have two simple goals each game -- zero interceptions and a 70-percent completion percentage. You do those two things and, with that Jets defense and their ability to run the football, they're going to win a lot of football games."

Gannon noted that 12 of Sanchez' 20 interceptions came when he was throwing in the direction of Braylon Edwards.

"That should never happen," he said. "Communication is the key."

* Third-down passing.

"He was dead last in the AFC in third-down passing last year," Gannon said. "I said to Mark, "First and second in that category was Manning and Brady. Maybe you've heard of those guys.' "

* Fourth-quarter passing.

"He was dead last in the AFC in that area," Gannon said. "Critical drives late in games and the ability to convert come plays and keep the chains moving and be efficient are difference between winning and losing whether you're trying to hold a lead or come back."

* Location, location, location.

"One thing I really stressed is that the difference between leading a running back or tight end on his front shoulder in stride and throwing it a little behind them might be the difference between a five or six-yard gain and one that goes for 30 yards and a touchdown," he said.

Good Hard Knocks preview from Friday I didn't see...

HBO's 'Hard Knocks' first installment will not be dominated by holdout of Jets' Darrelle Revis

Bob Raissman

Friday, August 6th 2010, 4:00 AM

alg_jets_hard_knocks.jpg

Rivoli/APNew York Jets safety Jim Leonhard (l.) is filmed by a crew member of HBO's 'Hard Knocks' during Wednesday morning's practice in Cortland.

The news - it's more like a news blackout - surrounding Darrelle Revis' holdout has raised the level of intrigue attached to an upcoming television production entitled "Hard Knocks."

If anyone is counting on this reality show to put a spotlight on this Revis story, think again.

This has not stopped inquiring minds from attempting to crack the code, which could produce significant inside info about this battle of dollars and onions between the Jets and Revis. Or at least provide an advance peek at this HBO show.

An industrious ESPN personality already took an inside route, requesting an afternoon preview for Wednesday, hours before the 10 p.m. debut of "Hard Knocks." Other geniuses have requested a "script" of the first show. There have also been many inquiries designed to find out if the HBO cameras are already glued to Revis' face on some remote island.

"I'm expecting a lot of Revis questions over the next four weeks," HBO Sports boss Ross Greenburg said Thursday. "Even friends are asking me what the Jets' final offer to Revis will be, thinking I have a direct line to Mike (Tannenbaum). Or they think we're already getting stuff on video that will indicate where this negotiation is headed."

Oh, what mystery. Now, we can clear some of it up, albeit only as it pertains to "Hard Knocks." The first show, and subsequent editions, will not be dominated by Revis. As long as the holdout continues it probably will play a minor part of each hour-long episode - especially the first one.

"You can't let it (a holdout story) take over the show. It's not scintillating television to watch people on the telephone engaging in some sort of negotiation," Greenburg said. "There's a chance we might not get more than what everyone's reading in the newspapers. There's no reason to distract from what the core of 'Hard Knocks' is by spending too much time on the Revis situation."

This is music to Tannenbaum's ears. While his pal Greenburg calls the Jets "franchise" an "open book," there are pages Tannenbaum doesn't want turned on national television. This is not to suggest that HBO and NFL Films, the league's video propaganda arm that is shooting and co-producing "Hard Knocks," have conspired to downplay Revis' holdout.

Both outlets have already established credibility covering high-profile money games on "Hard Knocks." In 2008, it was the holdout of Chiefs running back Larry Johnson. Last season it was Andre Smith, the Bengals' first-round draft pick. Neither story dominated every installment, but the progress, or lack thereof, was updated appropriately.

This approach, when applied to the Revis-Jets stalemate, won't be appreciated by the local media corps. Obviously, they view the holdout as a major story. Nor will it sit well for Jets fans looking for an inside look into a battle of the buck that could linger and eventually become contentious.

Greenburg, and NFL Films head man Steve Sabol, along with their staffs, have discussed the potential media fallout over handling the Revis story on "Hard Knocks." This all comes with the realization (duh) that the Jets are the biggest-market team to ever appear on the show.

"We know we're under a media microscope," Greenburg said. "But we can't let that - or the Revis thing - take us away from the job at hand."

The extreme vision is turning SUNY-Cortland into some kind of NFL Hollywood. Realistically, it's all about chronicling every aspect of Jets training camp over five hour-long shows. If it should take on the tone of a video train wreck, a whacked reality soap opera (think "Real Housewives of New York" in shoulder pads), so be it.

The mere presence of Rex Ryan puts that prospect in the definite possibility column. With Ryan entering his second season as ring master the only certainty is this: he is a man capable of consistently topping the last outrageous statement leaving his big mouth. He's skilled in the fine art of ticking people off. This may never win him a Super Bowl, but it could win him an Emmy.

The Jets have plenty of characters. They love their wives and lady friends, but mostly get all tingly romancing cameras and microphones - Mark Sanchez, Bart Scott, Damien Woody, Kris Jenkins, Jim Leonhard, to name a few. And can anyone wait to go inside the mysterious world of Vernon Gholston? Maybe HBO will even follow the exploits of Mr. Peepers, Woody Johnson, as he schleps his PSL rap out in public.

As usual with "Hard Knocks," there will be the story of a rookie trying to make it. And one about the precarious plight of a veteran - Kellen Clemens, perhaps? And, as in the past, the crew will come up with something unexpected, a human touch story.

It's all done on the fly. They'll probably finish the first episode by Tuesday, polish it up Wednesday, and transmit it from NFL Films' Mount Laurel, N.J., headquarters to HBO's Manhattan studio late that afternoon. Then, the show will go on.

With or without Darrelle Revis.

Good Hard Knocks preview from Friday I didn't see...

As usual with "Hard Knocks," there will be the story of a rookie trying to make it. And one about the precarious plight of a veteran - Kellen Clemens, perhaps? And, as in the past, the crew will come up with something unexpected, a human touch story.

It's all done on the fly. They'll probably finish the first episode by Tuesday, polish it up Wednesday, and transmit it from NFL Films' Mount Laurel, N.J., headquarters to HBO's Manhattan studio late that afternoon. Then, the show will go on.

With or without Darrelle Revis.

txs for posting

I bet they follow joe mcknight, and the LG story more than clemens, and I would love to see some VG to get a line on him. they may even cover the holmes family drama some

* Third-down passing.

"He was dead last in the AFC in third-down passing last year," Gannon said. "I said to Mark, "First and second in that category was Manning and Brady. Maybe you've heard of those guys.' "

"He was dead last in the AFC in that area," Gannon said. "Critical drives late in games and the ability to convert come plays and keep the chains moving and be efficient are difference between winning and losing whether you're trying to hold a lead or come back."

gulllllllllllp

when The Chiefs did Hard Knocks a few years ago Larry Johnson was amid a holdout and they didn't focus on him until he showed up in the office all happy to be back-I'm glad they're taking the same approach with Mevis. He's going to be filled with regret for not being a part of all this.

can we officially worry about sanchez yet ?

2 of 6 after the TD

yikes

i dunno he was going against the league's best defense

there's no point in looking at 2010 intra-squad competition it's a wormhole

was the QB bad or the defense good we won't really know until the lights turn on

like a baseball pitcher working on new stuff it's not really about results in preseason

I will say this much the 2010 Jets are friggin loaded. It's tough to worry about any particular aspect... even without revis they are very good. With Revis they are New york yankees-style loaded.

was the QB bad or the defense good we won't really know until the lights turn on

like a baseball pitcher working on new stuff it's not really about results in preseason

I will say this much the 2010 Jets are friggin loaded. It's tough to worry about any particular aspect... even without revis they are very good. With Revis they are New york yankees-style loaded.

Matt-something I've been thinking about and I haven't heard anybody else bring up this point was: Maybe Revis holding out will actually HELP Mark Sanchez a little bit. I mean you're essentially playing with half a field when he's out there against you. Maybe playing against Cro, Wilson and Lowery will give him more confidence that he CAN complete a pass anywhere on the field. WTHBS-I want Revis back this week if possible

why isn't Rich Gannon a part of this coaching staff? Matt Cavanaugh was a crappy QB who never accomplished anything as a pro...Gannon has...

Jimmy, there's a ton of former players that were crap and made good coaches...hate to bring this name up, but Shula fits that bill.

And I think our own HC knew he wouldn't be much of a player past college and went into coaching.

Jimmy, there's a ton of former players that were crap and made good coaches...hate to bring this name up, but Shula fits that bill.

And I think our own HC knew he wouldn't be much of a player past college and went into coaching.

also, Gannon has a gig already doing NFL games which he is pretty good at I might add

no doubt, but he has the leagues best o-line and a stable of skill players. I would like to see him crack the 50% line by the end of camp and go two days without a pick

Last year the Sanchez fans claimed the 4th quarter collapses were all the defense's fault.

After reading those articles it really makes you wonder how Rex is going to handle all those personalities. ;-)

This team sounds like they have a good time and get along well with one common interesting, being the best.

Hope it works.

Archived