David Clowney CUT Along With Turner

SoFlaJets

I forgot Patrick Turner was even on the team, so for a second when I saw this title I nearly had a heart attack thinking it was Robert Turner cut. I couldn't imagine the Jets would be that stupid, thankfully they're not.

That said, glad to have Green back and Holmes alone is ten times more valuable than Clowney and Turner combined. Turner could very well end up back on the PS anyway, but Clowney's days as a Jet are over.

I forgot Patrick Turner was even on the team, so for a second when I saw this title I nearly had a heart attack thinking it was Robert Turner cut. I couldn't imagine the Jets would be that stupid, thankfully they're not.

That said, glad to have Green back and Holmes alone is ten times more valuable than Clowney and Turner combined. Turner could very well end up back on the PS anyway, but Clowney's days as a Jet are over.

If it was Robert Turner cut I could imagine him beating the crap out of Clowney in the parking lot of Atlantic Health.

Clowney, Turner Released for Holmes, Green

By Max V.V. on Oct 04, 2010, 12:38 pm

The Jets have dropped receivers David Clowney and Pat Turner in order to clear space for recently released DT Howard Green and…drum roll…WR Santonio Holmes, now unburdened by his four-game league suspension for a violation of the substance abuse policy.

This is the second time the team has cut Clowney, long derided by fans for his inability to make plays outside of the preseason.

The Kansas City Chiefs displayed interest in Clowney a month ago, when he was last released from the Jets roster.

Please merge I didn't see SJF's post. Must be going blind

Just read on Twitter that Holmes and Clowney have a joint charity event coming up soon. That shouldn't be too awkward for everyone involved could it?

Yeah some of us are going to that, it is in Linden NJ. Should be interesting.

Yeah some of us are going to that, it is in Linden NJ. Should be interesting.

While Clowney may not have been a good player, I remain impressed by all of the charity work that he has done. I would not be surprised to see him re-join the Jets at some point this year.

Westoff hated Clowney and wanted him gone weeks ago.

He was gone weeks ago. He came back. He may very well be back again. The Jets are playing with the bottom of the roster the way the Ravens did when they lost Pryce. Maybe Clowney will sign elsewhere, maybe he'll be back. He didn't look good in coverage on specials or he'd probably have the job over Cole who did.

I had a hunch this would happen when Clowney didn't get any balls thrown to him vs. Buffalo. Clowney definitely needed something to cement his claim to a roster spot and they gave him nothing.

He was gone weeks ago. He came back. He may very well be back again. The Jets are playing with the bottom of the roster the way the Ravens did when they lost Pryce. Maybe Clowney will sign elsewhere, maybe he'll be back. He didn't look good in coverage on specials or he'd probably have the job over Cole who did.

I agree exactly, if the Jets did not have interest in both these guys they would not have brought them back. At this point, I think Clowney is next on the list to go after Turner when they need to make room. Unless Clowney is signed by another team, it would not surprise me if he keeps coming and going almost on a week by week basis.

I don't know if the Jets plan to keep both Braylon and Holmes next year. If either goes, we likely will see both Clowney and Turner in camp next year, assuming there still is football.

Archived