Fantasy Football Waiver Wire (Week 5)

Maxman

in Fantasy Football,Mike Dietrich

fantasy-football.gif Week 4 is in the books and again the list of free agents are slim but if you have followed my advice the past few weeks, you would now have starting RB’s in Lynch Ellis and Torain, I will not list last week’s players but if they are still available they should go to the top of your list; Torain, Lloyd, Britt, Moeki, Blount, Ellis

Here is a list of players to target for your weekly waiver moves this week;

• Michael Bush- McFadden is out with a hamstring and there is no one behind Bush
  • Kevin Kolb-He will put up empty stats in for your bye week.
  • Fred Jackson- He is now in a full time share with Lynch gone.
  • Mike Bell-For those desperate for a RB, McCoy is not looking good for Sunday
  • Kenny Britt-With Gage out he is out there for good and VY did show him a lot of love last year.
  • Roscoe Parrish-One of the few playmakers in a great matchup this week.
  • Brandon Gibson-He is now WR2 for the Rams and gets about 6-8 targets a week.
  • Marcedes Lewis-If you need a TE for your bye.
  • Devon Bess-He is on a bye this week but Henne seems to favor him
  • Sam Bradford-Has a juicy matchup if you need a bye week QB

Its bye week time; Miami, New England, Pittsburgh, Seattle

Next week we will another list of high priority free agents to target and update the thread with any lineup questions and I will be sure to pass along some advice

Good Luck this week!

Fantasy Mike

bradfords already taken. i have brady at qb and vick on the bench but he is injured and brady has a bye week. any no namers a good pickup for a week?

Here's some decent options that should be available to you:

David Garrard, Jaguars (@ Buffalo): You saw what the Jets did to the Bills. Garrard is good for a TD or 2 and solid yardage.

Shaun Hill, Lions (vs. St. Louis): The Rams have been surprisingly stingy, but St. Louis hasn't had to deal with a receiver of Megatron's caliber just yet.

Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills (vs. Jacksonville): I prefer the aforementioned Garrard, but Jacksonville does have one of the game's worst pass D's.

Josh Freeman, Buccaneers (@ Cincinnati): Had 2 solid games to start the year then followed it up with an expected tough day against the Steelers.

Max Hall, Cardinals (vs. New Orleans): Look for Hall if none of the above are available. True, not a great matchup, but if he DOES get the nod over Derek Anderson, he's worth a flier.

thanks i just picked up hill. another question, i have too many WRs on the bench and i need to get rid of one. i have derrick mason, jabar gafney and i just picked up holmes. who should i rid?

Drop Gaffney. The Broncos offense HAS to come back to earth, and other than week 3 against Indy, he's been basically non-existant. PLUS, his next two matchups are @ Baltimore and against the Jets. Not good. Mason, meanwhile, seems to be coming back into favor with Flacco.

Brady is on a bye. Should I go with Bradford vs. the Lions or Cutler vs. Carolina?

Before last week, Cutler would be a no brainer, but now I'm second guessing.

Carolina doesn't have nearly the kind of pass rush the Giants have. My guess is Cutler has a comeback performance. Bradford is still a rookie, so I'm anticipating a midseason swoon anytime now. But I could be way off.

bradfords already taken. i have brady at qb and vick on the bench but he is injured and brady has a bye week. any no namers a good pickup for a week?

If you get can Kolb and if not him Fitzpatrick for a desperation play

in Fantasy Football,Mike Dietrich

fantasy-football.gif Week 4 is in the books and again the list of free agents are slim but if you have followed my advice the past few weeks, you would now have starting RB’s in Lynch Ellis and Torain, I will not list last week’s players but if they are still available they should go to the top of your list; Torain, Lloyd, Britt, Moeki, Blount, Ellis

Here is a list of players to target for your weekly waiver moves this week;

• Michael Bush- McFadden is out with a hamstring and there is no one behind Bush
  • Kevin Kolb-He will put up empty stats in for your bye week.
  • Fred Jackson- He is now in a full time share with Lynch gone.
  • Mike Bell-For those desperate for a RB, McCoy is not looking good for Sunday
  • Kenny Britt-With Gage out he is out there for good and VY did show him a lot of love last year.
  • Roscoe Parrish-One of the few playmakers in a great matchup this week.
  • Brandon Gibson-He is now WR2 for the Rams and gets about 6-8 targets a week.
  • Marcedes Lewis-If you need a TE for your bye.
  • Devon Bess-He is on a bye this week but Henne seems to favor him
  • Sam Bradford-Has a juicy matchup if you need a bye week QB

Its bye week time; Miami, New England, Pittsburgh, Seattle

Next week we will another list of high priority free agents to target and update the thread with any lineup questions and I will be sure to pass along some advice

Good Luck this week!

Fantasy Mike

Move Tate from the Pats to #2 on your list

i have boldin, nicks, mason, holmes and woodhead.

starting i have boldin nicks and holmes. im not sure if i should start him? or release woodhead and pickup another WR

I would hold off on Holmes and start Mason for this week

Archived