NFL Power Rankings (Week 6)

Maxman

topten.gif

1. New York Jets

The Jets need to develop a killer instinct on offense. Settling for field goals let the Vikings have a final possession for the win when they never should have been close.

2. Pittsburgh Steelers

Big Ben will debut for the Steelers at home against the Browns. That’s not a bad way to get your season underway. This is probably the last unbeaten team in the league if he were starting when the rest of the league did.

3. Atlanta Falcons

The Falcons have stepped forward as the NFC’s best team. They may have just stood still while the rest of the conference took a big step backward, but it looks the same.

4. Baltimore Ravens

A trip to New England isn’t as daunting as it once was. The Ravens are very capable of winning on Sunday and probably should if they deserve this spot in the rankings.

5. New England Patriots

Sources are confirming that Deion Branch is not Randy Moss. I’m not sure what the thought process is currently in New England.

6. Indianapolis Colts

It wasn’t the most convincing win the Colts have ever had, but it was a win over a previously unbeaten team. The Colts and Saints both fall into the same category after five weeks: teams that need “something”.

7. New York Giants

The Giants quickly went from the bottom of the division to the top in terms of power rating. This week they get a scrimmage at home against the Lions. They face Dallas twice over the following four weeks and will have a chance to effectively end the Cowboy’s season.

8. Chicago Bears

If you have to play without your quarterback, it’s best to do so against the Panthers.

9. Washington Redskins

The ‘Skins have wins against Dallas, Philadelphia, and Green Bay, and a loss against the Rams. It makes perfect sense in this season’s version of the NFC.

10. Philadelphia Eagles

The Birds three wins have come against Detroit, Jacksonville, and San Francisco. They get the chance to beat a varsity team this week against the Falcons.

But they lost to the bungles.

And the Jets and the Steelers lost to them.

I don't care who they lost to, the Bengals actually have talent and always play tough in the division, the Ravens have to be #1 simply down to the fact that they have beaten the two teams that would challenge them for it.

I don't care who they lost to, the Bengals actually have talent and always play tough in the division, the Ravens have to be #1 simply down to the fact that they have beaten the two teams that would challenge them for it.

I think the Ravens should be #1 this week too, but losing to the bengals does hurt them.

Both the Jets and the Steelers lost to 1 loss teams, the Ravens lost to a 2 loss team, not to mention that the Jets beat themselves against the Ravens, and the steelers had a 3rd string QB against them.

Why does Nick hate the Ravens?

They are #1. No question.

I actually agree with that. But I am not complaining.

Hasselsuck was on ESPN Radio and he said the Steelers were # 1. I was thinking how pissed I would be if I were a Ravens fan. They beat the Jets and the Steelers and lost a division game. Not sure how they are lower...

I guess it is because everyone knows the Jets are going to win the Super Bowl. So they just want to get ahead of the curve.

They beat us by 1 point. 1 measly point with the time possession being more lopsided than a chimp attack victim's face, weeks before the offense caught a rhythm. It's really a lot closer than most want to admit. You can't go wrong with us, Pittsburgh, or Baltimore at the top. Atlanta being ahead of any of them is insane. They're not even the best team in the NFC right now and they're sure as sh*t not better than any of the top AFC teams.

They beat us by 1 point. 1 measly point with the time possession being more lopsided than a chimp attack victim's face, weeks before the offense caught a rhythm. It's really a lot closer than most want to admit. You can't go wrong with us, Pittsburgh, or Baltimore at the top. Atlanta being ahead of any of them is insane. They're not even the best team in the NFC right now and they're sure as sh*t not better than any of the top AFC teams.

+1

What really sucks is we gave the ravens 7 points on penalties and Greene fumbled in the red zone. :face:

Agreed

I'd argue that Shottenheimer lost to the Ravens. The Jets are so good they almost beat the Ravens in spite of him.

I have no doubt that if we played the Ravens again we would beat them. Still can't put us ahead of them IMO.

I actually fully expect New England to beat them this week.

Why does Nick hate the Ravens?

They are #1. No question.

Even though I think if we replayed that first game, we'd have beat them because we opened up the offense since then, I have to agree.

There is no way you can have the Ravens ranked lower than 2 teams they beat in the Jets and Steelers, on the road, when they have the same record.

I have no doubt that if we played the Ravens again we would beat them. Still can't put us ahead of them IMO.

I actually fully expect New England to beat them this week.

Really? I don't see that at all, but Vegas agrees with you. We'll see.

Power Ramkings are really just opinion, so imagining who would beat who today is really what it's supposed to be about, no?

With that in mind, I'd have the Steelers first, Jets second, and Ravens third. Steelers will be scary with Roethlisberger back, and are more complete than the Jets right now. But the Jets should've beaten the Ravens on opening night, and I believe they're better than them now.

With that in mind, I'd have the Steelers first, Jets second, and Ravens third.

What's your rationale on this?

Both the Jets and Ravens have the exact same 4-1 records and the Ravens beat the Jets head-to-head.

Hopefully, you don't have a vote on the BCS committee.

Really? I don't see that at all, but Vegas agrees with you. We'll see.

Power Ramkings are really just opinion, so imagining who would beat who today is really what it's supposed to be about, no?

With that in mind, I'd have the Steelers first, Jets second, and Ravens third. Steelers will be scary with Roethlisberger back, and are more complete than the Jets right now. But the Jets should've beaten the Ravens on opening night, and I believe they're better than them now.

I watched an NFL video that called the Ravens the most complete team and Ravens and Jets where honorable mentions. I think any of those three teams get hot and could take it all.

Archived