Jim Leonhard Injured in Practice, Update: OUT Rest of Season

SMC

Jets Jim Leonhard was injured on a collision with WR Patrick Turner at practice today. He was carted off the field. #nfl #patriots

#Jets Rex Ryan: "We feel terrible for Jim. We know it's a big loss, but we'll be ready to move on Monday without him." #nfl #patriots

#Jets safety Jim Leonhard is OUT with a "severe" shin injury. Big blow for #NYJ. #nfl #patriots

http://twitter.com/#!/TheJetsStream

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets Jim Leonhard was injured on a collision with WR Patrick Turner at practice today. He was carted off the field. #nfl #patriots

#Jets Rex Ryan: "We feel terrible for Jim. We know it's a big loss, but we'll be ready to move on Monday without him." #nfl #patriots

#Jets safety Jim Leonhard is OUT with a "severe" shin injury. Big blow for #NYJ. #nfl #patriots

http://twitter.com/#!/TheJetsStream

damnit! were running out of short white guys!

Wow, that absolutely sucks. Sounds pretty brutal.

Lowery is supposed to be back this week isn't he? With Pool and Smith likely starting at safety and Ihedigbo the only other safety on the roster, I'd expect to see a lot of Lowery back at safety. The fact that Wilson has play as well as he has the past few weeks should make that very doable.

This is huge. Brodney Pool and Eric Smith as starting safeties.

We're ****ed.

Lowery or Wilson???

Ihedigbo, Cole, Coleman, McKnight!

Jets have bodies. Leonhard is the safety that that ordinarily wouldn't take off the field, but they were going to be in a ton of nickel and dime in this one all game, anyway.

Don't like it, but hopefully this is the kind of adversity that brings the group together.

Id imagine he was going to be targetted hard by Brady anyway, but the Jets will miss his QB'ing in the backfield. Rough deal. The Jets have been so lucky with injuries so far, now they take a big one at a position where they have zero viable depth.

I blame you. If you didnt make me say why I voted him for the Pro Bowl this wouldnt have happened.

I mean, go figure...the day I say I voted him because I'm expecting a strong finish, he gets injured.

F you Tom Shane, F U.

Jets have bodies. Leonhard is the safety that that ordinarily wouldn't take off the field, but they were going to be in a ton of nickel and dime in this one all game, anyway.

Don't like it, but hopefully this is the kind of adversity that brings the group together.

To be honest, I'm more worried about punt returns than I am our defense. He's been very good back there for us. I really hate seeing Wilson back there...maybe McKnight gets his shot there this week? But man, that just seems risky in a game where we cant afford to turn the ball over. Maybe J-Co or Smith too?

I love Dig, but c'mon. We're going to see a ton of Eric Smith. Ugh.

To be honest, I'm more worried about punt returns than I am our defense. He's been very good back there for us. I really hate seeing Wilson back there...maybe McKnight gets his shot there this week? But man, that just seems risky in a game where we cant afford to turn the ball over. Maybe J-Co or Smith too?

Yup.

Brady will be going to the TE's a lot. Might be nice to have a little more athleticism back there.

Very fair concern. They've been using a lot of Wilson, so he'll probably get the nod. Might see Cotchery back there, too, if they just need sure hands.

I'd love to see McKnight involved, but agree that this probably isn't the best week to break him out in that role.

Yup.

Brady will be going to the TE's a lot. Might be nice to have a little more athleticism back there.

Agreed, but who will provide said athleticism? Smith is a taller, stiffer Leonard. Poole hasn't shown us sh*t yet and apparently was a reason for all the blown coverages earlier in the year. Can Dig even cover? I think we might just put another corner on the field.

Yup.

Truth. I still see Cro on the TE's. Dont think they will shake him the way they do other teams. I'd expect, Revis/Coleman/Wilson to be switched around on Tate and Welker who scare nobody and Cro to be matched up on a TE all game.

Very fair concern. They've been using a lot of Wilson, so he'll probably get the nod. Might see Cotchery back there, too, if they just need sure hands.

I'd love to see McKnight involved, but agree that this probably isn't the best week to break him out in that role.

Lately they've been putting Wilson and Leonhard back there together. I could see it being Smith and Wilson.

EXACTLY!!! NOW THAT WE'VE LOST LEONHARD THE PATS HAVE A HUGE ADVANTAGE FROM THE SCRAPPINESS FACTOR!

WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH WHITE GUYS OF LIMITED SIZE AND TALENT BUT TONS OF HEART TO MATCH UP WITH WELKER, WOODHEAD, EDELMAN.. ET AL.

Hopefully we have him on the sidelines as a reminder.

EXACTLY!!! NOW THAT WE'VE LOST LEONHARD THE PATS HAVE A HUGE ADVANTAGE FROM THE SCRAPPINESS FACTOR!

WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH WHITE GUYS OF LIMITED SIZE AND TALENT BUT TONS OF HEART TO MATCH UP WITH WELKER, WOODHEAD, EDELMAN.. ET AL.

You know what, seriously, I bet you're joking but if you are not then I am getting kind of tired of this stupid anti-white bias that says that the only reason these players are on a team is because of "heart". Wes Welker is a top WR in this league. Woodhead, like him or not, has at least 4 touchdowns on the season. Etc. These guys are highly talented, and I reject the stupid notion that the only reason they were getting playing time is because of grit. Grit doesn't make you the starting safety for the Baltimore Ravens or the Rex Ryan led Jets. Not a chance.

Archived