JoeC36

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=6578074

Clearing the boards

Jets coach Rex Ryan responds to all that fans and foes throw at him online

EmailPrintComments

By Sam Alipour

ESPN The Magazine

Archive | Contact

This story appears in the May 30, 2011 issue of ESPN The Magazine.

Joe Robbins/Getty Images

Ryan scorches the earth in his new book.

AFTER LEADING GANG GREEN to back-to-back AFC championship games, Rex Ryan has earned the right to bluster. When he's not guaranteeing (again) a Super Bowl win in 2012, he's scorching the earth in his new book, Play Like You Mean It: Passion, Laughs and Leadership in the World's Most Beautiful Game. Ryan is too busy to troll fan forums, so we brought the best of them to the big guy to see what he had to say. Here's a shocker -- he gave as good as he got.

1. "[Ryan] can't manage a game or run a clock. He has proved that over and over again. Defense is the only part of the game he understands."

-Posted on ESPN.com Sportsnation

RYAN: "I know a thing or two about clock management. I certainly don't have all the answers, but I'm getting better each year. I think I'm a pretty decent coach right now."

2. "I would give the Jets' draft a solid D, bordering on an F. This draft was heavy with pass rushing, DE talent. They simply didn't get one, which is hard to believe."

-Posted on ESPN.com's Jets message board

RYAN: "I doubt this person watched one bit of film of any player we drafted. Now, if we could have jumped into the top five, we could have gotten a better pass-rusher, but I'm excited about Muhammad Wilkerson. He had 9.5 sacks last season at Temple. He's a potential three-down lineman."

3. "That's funny, Rex calling Vernon Gholston a phony, considering how much he publicly kissed Vernon's a$$ the past two years and now admits to lying about that. Who's the bigger phony?"

-Posted on Jetnation.com

RYAN: "There's not a phony bone in my body, but if I could change a couple of words in the book, that would be one of them. Anyway, when I called Vernon a phony, I was talking to Eric Mangini about his combine numbers; he never played to those numbers. Vernon is a great person, and he got better as a player the two years I had him. And I don't kiss anybody's butt."

4. "I don't think even Rex has much faith in Mark Sanchez being able to consistently pass the ball down the field despite all the quality receivers he has."

-Posted on Nationalfootballpost.com

RYAN: "Mark Sanchez is what I call a fourth-quarter quarterback. He's at his best when the game is on the line. He's been in the league only two years, and he already has as many road playoff victories as any quarterback in history."

5. "Behind all the trashing and jabbing in the Patriots-Jets rivalry, you can tell how much mutual respect Bill Belichick and Ryan have for each other. That's cool."

-Posted on JetsInsider.com

RYAN: "I have an unbelievable amount of respect for Bill Belichick. I don't know if he has the same for me, but I think he knows the kind of competitor I am. If I had to win one game with another coach leading my team, it'd be Bill."

6. "Does this guy ever shut up with the SB predictions?"

-Posted on Prosportsdaily.com

RYAN: "When I first came to the Jets, I predicted we'd meet President Obama before his term ended. When it comes true, I'll accept everybody's apology."

7. "I hear he claims the Jets have nicer feet than our guys."

-Posted on Giants.com's message board

RYAN: [laughing] "Come on, I'm not going to comment on that."

That's funny, Rex calling Gholston a phony considering how much he publicly kissed Vernon's a$$ the last two years and now admits to lying about that. Who's more phony in this situation? Who advised him to get involved in a book like this, Joe Torre?

Came across this article and nice to Ryan respond to JN quote.

Link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6578074

Relevant excerpt:

3. "That's funny, Rex calling Vernon Gholston a phony, considering how much he publicly kissed Vernon's a$$ the past two years and now admits to lying about that. Who's the bigger phony?"

-Posted on Jetnation.com

RYAN: "There's not a phony bone in my body, but if I could change a couple of words in the book, that would be one of them. Anyway, when I called Vernon a phony, I was talking to Eric Mangini about his combine numbers; he never played to those numbers. Vernon is a great person, and he got better as a player the two years I had him. And I don't kiss anybody's butt."

Do you know who posted that on ESPN? Thanks to whoever it was...

Dunno. If you look at the article subtitle it says

"Jets coach Rex Ryan responds to all that fans and foes throw at him online"

And the introduction is:

"Ryan is too busy to troll fan forums, so we brought the best of them to the big guy to see what he had to say. Here's a shocker -- he gave as good as he got. "

What i would like to know who amongst us posted that quote ?

Came across this article and nice to Ryan respond to JN quote.

Link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6578074

Relevant excerpt:

-Posted on Jetnation.com

lol,, he's delusional too..

Deal with it rex, it's very had to get anywhere in life an not be a phoney is one way or another

ESPN did a chat with Rex Ryan and they searched the internet for New York Jets comments.  They put a few of them in front of Rex Ryan and one of them was from a JetNation.com poster.

Legendary and totally heterosexual poster Tom Shane made his comment on April 16th and Rex Ryan’s answer appears below it:

“That’s funny, Rex calling Vernon Gholston a phony, considering how much he publicly kissed Vernon’s a$$ the past two years and now admits to lying about that. Who’s the bigger phony?” .

-Posted on Jetnation.com

RYAN: “There’s not a phony bone in my body, but if I could change a couple of words in the book, that would be one of them. Anyway, when I called Vernon a phony, I was talking to Eric Mangini about his combine numbers; he never played to those numbers. Vernon is a great person, and he got better as a player the two years I had him. And I don’t kiss anybody’s butt.”

di</img>di</img>

VwkbnzH8bkA

View the full article

Its not a good job...its bullshit. T0m doesnt deserve being recognized by the baddest man on the planet.

You guys can call it whatever you want. But Tom has given JetNation.com a lot of exposure over the years. I am just glad he found a way to do it that didn't involve us being mentioned in a court of law. :D

Look at this Ahole squirm at my awesome. I hope they give me and CTM a weekly column called "How sh*t Is On The Real."

"hating on my celebrity"

"how sh*t is on the real".

Who the **** do you think you are? Rex poops bigger than you. Literally.

That sucks... JN gets on ESPN and its this Giants fan pot stirrer....

ESPN was kind enough to not link to the site, instead they just put a plain text JetNation.com. Arrogant bastids....

Archived