10 reasons I'm impressed with the NY Jets

JustInFudge

I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but I'm actually very impressed with the 2010 New York Jets. Hear me out...

1) I think its extremely impressive that the New York Jets with as much talent as they have on offense have failed to score a TD in a game on 4 occasions. I mean lets be honest, thats is a very difficult thing to accomplish.

2) I'm impressed with the Jets consistency when it comes to letting down their fan base. It never fails. Just when you think you have a reason to believe - kaboom! The collapse begins. The Jets never let you down.

3) I'm very impressed with the Jets losing a Football game yesterday to a QB who completed 5 passes. That is down right ******* impressive.

4) I'm impressed that in 3 home losses, the Jets have held their opponents to 10 points or less.

5) I'm impressed with Sal Alosi. Can you get anymore scumbag than that? Way to go Sal. And I'm further impressed that he hasnt been fired yet.

6) I'm impressed with the Jets ability to disappoint on Nationally Televised games. They never fail.

7) I'm impressed with LT. He's the mush late in the season, always has been, always will. Its impressive to be that consistent.

8) I'm impressed with how the Jets WR's drop tons of passes. I think you literally have to try and drop 90% of the passes that they've dropped this year. But every game, they dont let you down and drop a handful of passes.

9) I'm impressed with their determination. They are determined to get positive yardage on 1st down by running right up Mangold's a$$ and they never break a big one. The fact they still try it every first down, is impressive.

10) I'm impressed with Mark Sanchez. I've never seen a player sulk the way he does. Its a treat to watch.

Who's looking forward to watching the Jets play the Steelers? I know I am. Cant friggin wait!!!

Go Jets!!!

I am impressed with fact everytime Sanchez actually throws a good pass that next play is to run for one yard up middle in order to lose momentum.

Good one. There is probably more too. Feel free to add.

For example, I just thought of one.

The Pistol formation with Brad Smith. Its terrible hasnt worked in weeks, but it is impressive they stick with it and actually think it will net positive yardage. I mean, they actually think they are going to fool someone with it. Thats impressive too.

LOL!!!

I broke my cardinal rule BP. Never believe in the New York Jets. But it is impressive that every time I do, they break my heart.

You know what else is impressive? I've picked them to win 2 game this season, and they lost both.

Unfortunately for the rest of us, you picked them to win all of their remaining games - this is why I have no hope.

2) I'm impressed with the Jets consistency when it comes to letting down their fan base. It never fails. Just when you think you have a reason to believe - kaboom! The collapse begins. The Jets never let you down.

I'm reminded of lab experiments where rats learned and remembered which trigger released food and which trigger caused them to be shocked very quickly. Yet jets fans, almost every single year, fall for the same trick...

As i said, after 2008, I'm done. Not until the clock reads 00:00 in the SB with the jets ahead will i believe in this team. It sucks too because it takes some of the joy out of it but I've been abused enough in the last 25 years

LOL!!!

I broke my cardinal rule BP. Never believe in the New York Jets. But it is impressive that every time I do, they break my heart.

You know what else is impressive? I've picked them to win 2 game this season, and they lost both.

Dude you are like a tormenting DJ :lol:

2qntjbk.gif

I'm reminded of lab experiments where rats learned and remembered which trigger released food and which trigger caused them to be shocked very quickly. Yet jets fans, almost every single year, fall for the same trick...

As i said, after 2008, I'm done. Not until the clock reads 00:00 in the SB with the jets ahead will i believe in this team. It sucks too because it takes some of the joy out of it but I've been abused enough in the last 25 years

95% I'm one of those wise little rats who learned their lesson. But I got all stupid, maybe ate some crazy cheese, and believed the Jets would actually bounce back and lay a whipping on the Dolphags.

I deserve the shock. And embrace it.

I feel so dirty now. I've been like that for a while..lol

95% I'm one of those wise little rats who learned their lesson. But I got all stupid, maybe ate some crazy cheese, and believed the Jets would actually bounce back and lay a whipping on the Dolphags.

I deserve the shock. And embrace it.

the klacko influence.. too much exposure to mindless enthusiasm can wear down even the biggest skeptic..

the klacko influence.. too much exposure to mindless enthusiasm can wear down even the biggest skeptic..

I dont think its that...because even with this homorific ways and rants, I typically just think to myself...poor bastard.

I was fooled. By the team, the talent, the HC. I believed in the product and forgot that it was produced by the New York Jets.

They are like Sun Chips. I think they are gross, but every now and again, they come out with a flavor that I think to myself...this could be good. But then I try them and they suck because they are Sun Chips.

I dont think its that...because even with this homorific ways and rants, I typically just think to myself...poor bastard.

I was fooled. By the team, the talent, the HC. I believed in the product and forgot that it was produced by the New York Jets.

They are like Sun Chips. I think they are gross, but every now and again, they come out with a flavor that I think to myself...this could be good. But then I try them and they suck because they are Sun Chips.

w/e.. i thought it was a nice segway into a seemingly topical klacko shot...

2 more....

I'm impressed with our O-Lines ability to recover the fumble...they do a great job of negating Sanchez's mistakes.

But most of all I'm impressed with Sanchez's accuracy when it comes to hitting defensive lineman. You would think that after he does it for the 1000th time he would try to throw the ball a little higher...you have to be impressed with his consistency.

w/e.. i thought it was a nice segway into a seemingly topical klacko shot...

The Jets have me off my game...didnt even seize a good Klacko bashing opportunity.

It's too late. You've ruined the season.

Kris Jenkins.

2 more....

I'm impressed with our O-Lines ability to recover the fumble...they do a great job of negating Sanchez's mistakes.

But most of all I'm impressed with Sanchez's accuracy when it comes to hitting defensive lineman. You would think that after he does it for the 1000th time he would try to throw the ball a little higher...you have to be impressed with his consistency.

Good ones.

I've been listening to Depeche Mode all morning and writing poetry.

Sanchez, those eyes told me lies

In them I thought I saw a future, one the would set the world ablaze

But that smile was really just a mask

One that you hide behind

Because inside you're just a porcelain doll

And now you've fallen, and we're left sifting through the porcelain

/tear stains page

//wipes hair out eyes

///wipes tears away, smears mascara

I've been listening to Depeche Mode all morning and writing poetry.

Sanchez, those eyes told me lies

In them I thought I saw a future, one the would set the world ablaze

But that smile was really just a mask

One that you hide behind

Because inside you're just a porcelain doll

And now you've fallen, and we're left sifting through the porcelain

/tear stains page

//wipes hair out eyes

///wipes tears away, smears mascara

That is very poetic. And while I was reading this, I cut my face with my pen and now I'm licking the falling blood.

That is very poetic. And while I was reading this, I cut my face with my pen and now I'm licking the falling blood.

Why do they do this to us???!!!!

In all seriousness though, I think I'm not much of a pessimist or an optimist when it comes to the Jets. People are welcome to cheer, or hate on their team however they like.

Good one. There is probably more too. Feel free to add.

For example, I just thought of one.

The Pistol formation with Brad Smith. Its terrible hasnt worked in weeks, but it is impressive they stick with it and actually think it will net positive yardage. I mean, they actually think they are going to fool someone with it. Thats impressive too.

In all fairness, is getting the ball out of the hands of our <40% completion rate QB that bad of a thing??

Always reminds me of The Simpsons episode where the rat learned not to get shocked again immediately, but homer and bart did not. Us people are rather stupid.

01012004140252.jpg

01012004140259.jpg

01012004140306.jpg

01012004140313.jpg

Eh.

For some of us Shuttle-box def. Skinner Box.

I'm impressed with the special teams ability to consistantly get flagged after a great return. With Shotty calling a run right after his qb finally completes a pass as to develop no rhythm. Impressed with Rex's defiant bravado. But what impresses me most about this year's team is their inability to take accountability.

Why do they do this to us???!!!!

In all seriousness though, I think I'm not much of a pessimist or an optimist when it comes to the Jets. People are welcome to cheer, or hate on their team however they like.

Agreed. I'm never one to tell another how they should root for their team. I will say, I think its impressive how some fans can stay positive toward the Jets after all these years of failure. Those people probably see the good in every situation which I admire because I'm quite the opposite.

In all fairness, is getting the ball out of the hands of our <40% completion rate QB that bad of a thing??

No, its not a bad thing...but run the ball normally. The Pistol sucks.

I'm impressed with the Jets ability to step up and pull out big wins against better teams, like the Broncos, Lions, Browns, and Texans.

Very impressive indeed. Its actually impressive they have 9 wins at this point.

I'm impressed with the special teams ability to consistantly get flagged after a great return. With Shotty calling a run right after his qb finally completes a pass as to develop no rhythm. Impressed with Rex's defiant bravado. But what impresses me most about this year's team is their inability to take accountability.

Good stuff. I think everyone is holding each other accountable to not be accountable. Which is impressive.

Agreed. I'm never one to tell another how they should root for their team. I will say, I think its impressive how some fans can stay positive toward the Jets after all these years of failure. Those people probably see the good in every situation which I admire because I'm quite the opposite.

No, its not a bad thing...but run the ball normally. The Pistol sucks.

Very impressive indeed. Its actually impressive they have 9 wins at this point.

Good stuff. I think everyone is holding each other accountable to not be accountable. Which is impressive.

Indeed.

Archived