Danny Woodhead works at Modells

Matt39

Thats great. Good for him soon enough he will be working there full-time.

Doubtful.

11 Games:

Rushing 73 attempts 376 yards 4 TDs.

Receiving 30 catches 335 yards 1 TD.

3rd most all purpose yards on the Patriots (and more than all but 2 on the Jets)

Pretty safe he is going to be back next year. If the Patriots were stupid enough to cut him, he wouldn't make it very far down the waiver wire this time.

Doubtful.

11 Games:

3rd most all purpose yards on the Patriots (and more than all but 2 on the Jets)

Pretty safe he is going to be back next year. If the Patriots were stupid enough to cut him, he wouldn't make it very far down the waiver wire this time.

Hes a 1 year wonder. Let me guess you bought his jersey?

Hes a 1 year wonder. Let me guess you bought his jersey?

Nope, I haven't bought his jersey. Although if I was jersey shopping his is one I would consider.

Why is he a one year wonder? Cause the Jets couldn't figure out how to use him effectively? Like the Dolphins couldn't with Wes. I know with a brilliant offensive coordinator you got, if you can't be successful on the Jets you can't be successful anywhere. :rolleyes:

Nope, I haven't bought his jersey. Although if I was jersey shopping his is one I would consider.

Why is he a one year wonder? Cause the Jets couldn't figure out how to use him effectively? Like the Dolphins couldn't with Wes. I know with a brilliant offensive coordinator you got, if you can't be successful on the Jets you can't be successful anywhere. :rolleyes:

The only reason hes playing in New England is because their backfield has been depleted by injuries and is a merry go round of has beens.

he's a bitter fan....i love this kid and wish he was still here...

Doubtful.

11 Games:

He'll be back, they signed him to an extension.

The only reason hes playing in New England is because their backfield has been depleted by injuries and is a merry go round of has beens.

At 5.2 yards per carry I would say he is making the most of his opportunities. Lots of players get their opportunity due to someone else getting injured. And BB doesn't hold a spot open for a guy just cause he got drafted high. If a UDFA or late round draft pick is getting it done he will start and early draft pick will go elsewhere.

That Woodhead is not a Jet is a goddamn disgrace.

IMHO, the two biggest examples of bonehead personnel moves done solely to protect Tanny's image was keeping McKnight over Woodhead and starting Gholston instead of Westerman when Pace was out.

Not saying Westerman is an all-pro linebacker, but he looks better than Gholston and deserves a chance to prove himself on the field more. He has been in game less and made more sacks. (Although what I would really like the Jets to cut him, and for BB to sign him :) )

Right now? How about the last 10 years.

I honestly don't think NE at a raw assessment level is better than the Jets. NEP certainly have made their fair share a bad drafts picks, poor trades and bad FA signings.

But I do think there are things that sets NEP apart.

First and foremost, a willingness to admit mistakes and move on. BB doesn't care if he drafted you in the first round or picked you up as an UDFA. Whoever is the better player makes the team and plays. Tanny cares too much about looking good on some draft score card. Tanny gets a better grade on the 2007 draft cause Gholston is on the team than if he got cut. If Wasserman beats out Gholston it looks bad. If the Jets kept Woodhead and cut McKnight it would have looked bad. BB doesn't give a crap what grade the media gives his drafting.

Lower investment in high risk. BB doesn't trade down cause he wants to accumulate 3rd round picks for next year. He trades down cause he fears picking someone whose slot demands $30 million dollars if the guy has never taken a snap in the NFL. He would rather spend the money on proven FA or re-signings. Then be stuck with a guy like Ghoston when does make a mistake. Cause he knows he will make mistakes. But he knows a mistake with the 40th pick is not going to seriously harm the team like a mistake with the 4th.

Granted BB has taken chances on risky guys. Things could have turned out differently with Moss but that would have cost him a 4th round pick. So what. Not nearly the downside if Sanchez doesn't work out after spending a 1st and 2nd pick for him. Bugress didn't work out for NE. So what?

Also he takes the quantity over quality approach. Jets sometimes draft only three players in a draft. BB might draft 9. If Jets hit 100% of the time, BB only has to get 1/3 right to match them. And the Jets aren't gonnna hit 100% and he will do better than 1 out of 3.

The biggest difference between Tanny and BB isn't BB is smarter at assessing talent, it is his ability to say, "hey I made a mistake, time to move on" than to stick with a mistake hoping to be proven right later on, even when that is doubtful.

Jets knew getting rid of Woodhead was a mistake when they cut him. But they cut him anyway. Rex knew McKnight was crap at the end of camp. But he made the team anyway. That isn't an inability to assess talent. That is sheer lunacy.

It's too soon to declare McKnight anything....bust or a possibe player.

As for BB not caring about cutting high draft picks, he has numerous poor ones to do so with AND it is much, much easier to do so and not care about the media hit when you are sporting some SB rings.

The Jets knew Woodhead was a decent player. See Hard Knocks or many pre-season pressers. They just felt McKnight's ceiling is higher. We shall see.

Woodhead could not play in this offense. As we've beaten to death time and again, the NEP offense plays to his strengths, where our offense would put him in jeopardy of getting killed and/or getting someone else killed. At the end of the day, Woodhead doesn't work here because Sanchez can't handle a spread offense and because Schottenheimer isn't felxible enough to play to his player's strengths and weaknesses. Look at what he's done with Dustin Keller, for instance--taking a receiving H-Back and playing him as in in-line TE, wasting him. Then look at what Belichick is doing with Hernandez--THAT'S what Keller should be doing. Every time Keller lines up in a three-point stance, an angel loses its wings.

The only reason Tom Brady is playing is because Bledsoe got bitch slapped by Mo.

Just because the circumstances of his arrival are clearly due to injuries does not negate the fact that he is a nice little player to have when used properly.

Woodhead could not play in this offense. As we've beaten to death time and again, the NEP offense plays to his strengths, where our offense would put him in jeopardy of getting killed and/or getting someone else killed. At the end of the day, Woodhead doesn't work here because Sanchez can't handle a spread offense and because Schottenheimer isn't flexible enough to play to his player's strengths and weaknesses. Look at what he's done with Dustin Keller, for instance--taking a receiving H-Back and playing him as in in-line TE, wasting him. Then look at what Belichick is doing with Hernandez--THAT'S what Keller should be doing. Every time Keller lines up in a three-point stance, an angel loses its wings.

This. Difference is one coach looked at what a player like Woodhead could do for him, the other saw Woodhead as not fitting his all-important beloved system. After all, it takes a very dynamic back to chug between the guards at least twice every series. Seriously, if you're going to run that play down after down, NOBODY looks good doing it. Grant you Woodhead's size and Sanchez's limitations compared to Brady are issues, but Woodhead can play. It was seriously stupid to cut him and not cut McKnight. I would love to eat those words, but I don't see it happening.

For those keeping track, McKnight, Ducasse and Wilson have pretty much been zeroes spare Wilson shatting the bed when Revis was out. So expect Tannenbaum and the Jets will be overpaying someone else's overpriced vets to fill those spots sometime in the future, along with Gholston's.

For those keeping track, McKnight, Ducasse and Wilson have pretty much been zeroes spare Wilson shatting the bed when Revis was out. So expect Tannenbaum and the Jets will be overpaying someone else's overpriced vets to fill those spots sometime in the future, along with Gholston's.

No can do we have way too many free agents to sign that are on the current team. Draft picks and talent scouting not top notch with this organization.

Good for Woodhead, I am really glad to see he is doing well with the Pats. McKnight is coming around and will make many eat crow..sh$t happens to young players. It is tough to compare the Jets to the Pats when one team continues to apply band aids while the other finds solutions..

• 2 weeks later...

If I never hear this turds name again I'll be happy. He's a patriot now people so I chose to disregard him. Also I love how now that he is w NE everyone on espn loves him now, while he was a jet no one knew who he was. Watch McKnight go nuts today against Buffalo and you'll realise why we kept him over Woodcok.

Archived