Clue Mafia - Game on!

Lily

Assuming we're not lynching JC, you're the leading vote-getter by far. Where do you suggest we turn? Vic? Wombat? Or are you just throwing feces again?

We've already outed a power role, like to try to keep that to a minimum from this point forward.

My best bets are Vic and Wombat at the moment. I can consolidate my reasons into one post if need be, but I've stated them already.

At this point, I think there are viable directions we could go in that don't include killing me... curious what you are thinking right now too.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at the bright side... you're first in line to take over for Barm or BG when it's time for them to be replaced.

edit.. that's a phail... I was trying to change the wording and wound up quoting myself.. guess it's bed time.

and where the hell is JVoR? I was interested to see what he had to say about all this.

Yeah, there was a point in the game where it became impossible for us to win because neither scum nor 3rd party would lynch Lily (she was scum, and the others had to capture her). Sucked.

And here I thought it was because of my charm. ;)

Seriously, I had no idea that they were trying to keep me alive, so I'm thinking that reveal went over well. How dumb did I feel when it was all over? Sheesh!

My best bets are Vic and Wombat at the moment. I can consolidate my reasons into one post if need be, but I've stated them already.

At this point, I think there are viable directions we could go in that don't include killing me... curious what you are thinking right now too.

I liked Vic as scum earlier, and nothing really changed my mind on that. I moved my vote off of him because I saw no traction there - and since then, he seems to've gotten a lot more attention. Not sure what I make of his response to it, either.

Completely underwhelmed by WWWWombat's gotcha post. But not feeling a scummy vibe there just yet.

I don't want competing trains just 'cause. That's how we out more power roles. I need to be convinced to move my vote. You've had a pretty scummy first day.

I liked Vic as scum earlier, and nothing really changed my mind on that. I moved my vote off of him because I saw no traction there - and since then, he seems to've gotten a lot more attention. Not sure what I make of his response to it, either.

Completely underwhelmed by WWWWombat's gotcha post. But not feeling a scummy vibe there just yet.

I don't want competing trains just 'cause. That's how we out more power roles. I need to be convinced to move my vote. You've had a pretty scummy first day.

Not looking for competing trains for no reason - that is why I've only brought up the 2 people that I feel have decent cases against them. I have other people I suspect, but am not voicing it right now in the interest of the deadline.

My reason for voting wombat: He seemed very contrived when he was trying to "trap" me when he already had his vote on me earlier in D1, then when Jetscode's train got long enough he quietly moved his vote from me to JC, basically he didn't care which of us got lynched - so long as it was one of us. And yes, the gotcha was terrible.

Question about Vic... did it seem odd to you that while I was catching heat for my slip regarding Song, Vic was very certain about his assessment of my play. Like very certain. So much so, that it felt like he wanted nothing to do with voting me. He's a smart player, I ****ed up and did something dumb enough to get me lynched admittedly, and it seemed like he knew I was town and wanted to stay very clear of my lynch knowing he could hide his vote elsewhere and not be tied to a townie lynch.

This is hysterical. Honestly it's because you are trying so hard and making such blind moves it is insanely obvious to me that you're a clueless townie.

I got to watch you as scum last game. You're playing totally differently. Anyways if you're scum this post will be a good laugh.

Well, I like my case on Wombat, but...

Unvote

VOTE VIC

I also like Vic for scum.

Frankly, I said earlier if the choice is between me and an inactive, lynch me for the information. I stand by that. That said, I am town - and I see Vic and Wombat as better options than lynching a townie or an inactive right now.

I'd enjoy you getting me lynched. Another notch to your legend.

Not looking for competing trains for no reason - that is why I've only brought up the 2 people that I feel have decent cases against them. I have other people I suspect, but am not voicing it right now in the interest of the deadline.

My reason for voting wombat: He seemed very contrived when he was trying to "trap" me when he already had his vote on me earlier in D1, then when Jetscode's train got long enough he quietly moved his vote from me to JC, basically he didn't care which of us got lynched - so long as it was one of us. And yes, the gotcha was terrible.

You've been pretty animated about me going back and forth between you and Vic, now you think it's a good idea for me to vote Vic?

I'm off work tonight, and I'm going to take advantage by going to bed soon. I have another 16 hour midnight shift tomorrow, so I'll be glued to the work computer as the deadline approaches. I suggest you put together your best case.

You've been pretty animated about me going back and forth between you and Vic, now you think it's a good idea for me to vote Vic?

I'm off work tonight, and I'm going to take advantage by going to bed soon. I have another 16 hour midnight shift tomorrow, so I'll be glued to the work computer as the deadline approaches. I suggest you put together your best case.

I haven't said anything about you "going back and forth" between Vic and I. I have been animated at you ONLY suspecting Vic and I, because at the time we were the only ones that had voted you.

I think a vote on Vic is better than a vote on me.

Just catching up a bit now and....wow. This game just got really confusing. The kind of confused that Gato was when he first walked into this game 30 pages in, took a look around, and said "wtf is this?", never to be heard from again. I'm like the rookie who came out of the gates strong, and now that the game has hit that next level of complexity I need to step back a bit and start learning some more.

I'll just respond to some of the posts that were made in regards to me and then I'm going to bed. Lily, prepare for many PM's with questions tomorrow.

That was rather impulsive. Color me disturbed.

Yes, it was. But I'm not sure why you posted my vote from about 4 in the afternoon, the vote count, and then my changed vote a few hours later. Please explain.

Dunno... resonates with me as 80 just growing weary with D1, and trying to go with where he thinks the town is going. Not out of scumminess, but out of "I've spent a bunch of time on this game and nobody seems to want to resolve anything" impatience. I'd think this could be expected from a newb.

I was definitely getting a bit antsy.

FINALLY, I finished reading through the thread. My bad in not paying more attention after I died but I was pissed that I had been killed so early and only jumped in periodically (FU 80!)

Sorry dude. I didn't know! Welcome back, hopefully you're still a fellow townie.

Yup, that's me, just like to hop on the biggest train. I28 is pinging, as is JF80.

Can you elaborate Doggin? Why am I pinging? I'd like to understand what I'm doing wrong that's making you suspicious of me.

80 killed me (random event in kitchen), remember?

To be honest, no. I dont. I remember there being talks about him, but I didnt know it was confirmed. Must have missed a page or something.

Lily had put an event in the kitchen where, as soon as a poster made a reference about death OTHER than lynching, it triggered the event. Whoever posted AFTER me was killed. So there you had it. A dead SMC with me wondering what the Hell was going on.

Ooohh, bravado.

More like laughing at you. For as much sh*t as you gave jc for playing awful You've thrown your votes around on anyone in hopes that people will listen.

Now that JC revealed your the favorite, so what do you do? Oh, throw a vote my way because others have named me which makes me 2nd favorite. and your "case" on wombat is mediocre at best. It's funny really so have at it hoss.

80 thanks for taking the time to respond to everyone - and resurfacing this:

To be honest, no. I dont. I remember there being talks about him, but I didnt know it was confirmed. Must have missed a page or something.

JIF, you mean to tell us that 80 mentioning stabbing, then SMC posting after him, and dying, and Lily explaining it.... then a whole argument about whether scum knew or didn't know that the kitchen has a kill event in it was all lost on you?

Are you serious? Most of the votes on me derived from the argument about game setup around SMC's death in the kitchen... YOU VOTED ME... and you didn't know this?

MAJOR FOS JIFFY

More like laughing at you. For as much sh*t as you gave jc for playing awful You've thrown your votes around on anyone in hopes that people will listen.

Now that JC revealed your the favorite, so what do you do? Oh, throw a vote my way because others have named me which makes me 2nd favorite. and your "case" on wombat is mediocre at best. It's funny really so have at it hoss.

I had voted for Slats and Jetscode before the reveal. Since then, Wombat and you. 4 votes, in a D1 that has lasted over 1,000 posts. I wouldn't classify that as "thrown around on anyone."

I've played sloppy for my own reasons, but I'm not the Cop... I'd be playing completely different if I were.

80 thanks for taking the time to respond to everyone - and resurfacing this:

JIF, you mean to tell us that 80 mentioning stabbing, then SMC posting after him, and dying, and Lily explaining it.... then a whole argument about whether scum knew or didn't know that the kitchen has a kill event in it was all lost on you?

Are you serious? Most of the votes on me derived from the argument about game setup around SMC's death in the kitchen... YOU VOTED ME... and you didn't know this?

MAJOR FOS JIFFY

I28... I'm not sure what to think of you right now. At first I had a townie read on you because I felt like you just got caught up in trying to do too much. You were really involved, "flinging monkey poo", and eventually you hit something that just made everyone turn against you. What was that point?

Now, and let me clarify this by saying I'm always down for a Jif lynch, I feel like you are starting to scramble. Which reads like scum starting to drown and reaching out for something that sticks.

Heres what I'm thinking as far as what I'm going to be doing from this point on.

Vote I28

Lynch you, hope for scum, in either case go back and read your posts and identify the point where things turned south for you. Hopefully this helps identify scum or help confirm some town. With a deadline tomorrow your the one lynch that just makes sense right now.

Vote count:

I28 (9) – JC, Verbal, JiF, CTM, Slats, SMC, Doggin, Pac, Brett

Jetscode (3) – AVM, JVoR, Dan X

Barm (2) – Vicious, Sharrow

Vic (2) – Hess, I28

Gato (1) – BG

BG (1) – Gato

CTM (1) – Wombat

Not voting: Barm, JF80, Song

With 22 alive you need 12 to lynch.

Deadline Thursday 8PM MST/10PM EST

As you can tell from my vote earlier in the day, Wombat's definitely on my list. But you're ahead of him. On the plus side, if you flip town, your read on Wombat becomes more convincing (not determinative, but if I'm on the fence about someone it helps to know another strong town player is seeing the same things)

Uh - hell no.

If there's another cop out there, they stay nice and hidden until they have at least one more scum to serve up. Worst case they get NKd before that happens, and if so, coroner reveals them as the cop and we lynch Jetscode. If JC is false-claiming, revealing now does nothing but put a target on the cop's back for no good reason.

That said - Unvote.

Vote I28

Sorry, monkey - but after Jetscode, you're probably the best of the remaining candidates in terms of developing information

uh, this. Presuming Jetscode is fake, why the **** is CTM proposing that our cop gets exposed for no reason? CTM runs numbers better than that. Major flag right there.

Think about it, say Jetscode is scum, he's about to get lynched and fake claims cop. A countering real cop gives mafia a bargain they would gladly take. They just give up one teammate that has almost been lynched in exchange for finding out who the cop is. We have no clue whether mafia has a roleblocker or watcher or some other role that helps them in a big way by finding out other power roles.

I'm ALL for countering when the time is right. CTM knows better. If the real cop (if not jetscode) dies we just lynch Jetscode the same way. And that's the worst case scenario.

Unvote: JETSCODE

Well, I still don't find I28 as scummy as most of you seem to, but I will vote him to avoid random lynch. I know you're not all taking wombat too seriously, but I really have the impression that CTM tried to pull a fast one and then retracted when he met serious opposition. He could be just preoccupied with real life stuff, but he's razor sharp when it comes to situational analysis. I also have not really been getting a great feeling from him from the jump, but he's always someone I have a difficult time reading.

Vote: CTM

I'll switch my vote if this goes nowhere. But we still have enough time, imo.

Archived