Golf: Need opinions on new irons

Integrity28

I'm in the market for a better set of irons. I currently use the irons that came with the $125 bundle I bought when I was young and unsure if I'd play golf more than once. Now I am playing quite often and would like a set of respectable clubs that actually help my game.

I'm looking for a set of irons that would be considered "game improvement" irons. I've narrowed my search to the Callaway Diablo Edge and the TaylorMade Burner Superlaunch. I hit both really, really well. My driver and my favorite hybrid are TaylorMade and I'm developing quite a bit of loyalty to their excellent clubs... however, I'm torn between these 2 clubs.

Both clubs have a slight offset, a lower center of gravity and can really pop the ball up nicely... which is good for me, as I'm an line-drive hitter. Distance isn't an issue because I absolutely destroy the ball, so its more about control, loft and consistency.

Anyone ever used either clubs? Any input or opinions would be appreciated.

Get the Taylor Mades you disgusting turd. Not the best if you want to "shape" shots but unless your a scratch golfer who gives a flying f***. I've got a set of Racs and when I hit it right the shots look like a young Clark Kent punting a football.

I laugh at people who get all fired up about their new clubs and then proceed to go and shoot over 100...which is basically 90% of golfers. I've been hitting Titleist DCI's for like 12 years. lol

I used DCI's for years and finally traded them in 2 years ago. My new ones are easier to hit but I haven't shaved that many strokes of the ol' handicap. I'm not as crappy as you sound though.

I used DCI's for years and finally traded them in 2 years ago. My new ones are easier to hit but I haven't shaved that many strokes of the ol' handicap. I'm not as crappy as you sound though.

I'm actually not bad, I just never play. Played this last weekend for the first time in a year, and shot an 88 with a mulligan on both sides. Out shot my buddy who plays all the time. My problem with golf is 2 things 1) I get super bored after 12 holes 2) I cant prevent blow up holes that always ruin my score. I can be lights out and then all of a sudden...BOOM!!!...I get a snowman.

I laugh at people who get all fired up about their new clubs and then proceed to go and shoot over 100...which is basically 90% of golfers. I've been hitting Titleist DCI's for like 12 years. lol

I've got a set of RAM clubs that are falling apart - they are 8 years old and I spent $100 bucks on the whole set. When I bought them I didn't even play full 18-hole, I mostly played par 3 courses and drank. I was lucky if I played 3 times per summer.

However, in the past 2 years I've been playing a lot. I've actually started keeping score and I need new clubs, don't know much about them and want to make sure I spend my money wisely. So I asked for advice. I'm not sure if you are making a dig at me, or just a generalizing statement here, but you are assuming wrong if you are ripping on me. I want to buy decent clubs so I'm not talking about new clubs year after year.

I've got a set of RAM clubs that are falling apart - they are 8 years old and I spent $100 bucks on the whole set. When I bought them I didn't even play full 18-hole, I mostly played par 3 courses and drank. I was lucky if I played 3 times per summer.

However, in the past 2 years I've been playing a lot. I've actually started keeping score and I need new clubs, don't know much about them and want to make sure I spend my money wisely. So I asked for advice. I'm not sure if you are making a dig at me, or just a generalizing statement here, but you are assuming wrong if you are ripping on me. I want to buy decent clubs so I'm not talking about new clubs year after year.

General statement. I have no advice for new clubs. Mine are all hand me downs from Pops and I've been playing the same ones for 12 years. I broke my 4 Iron about 8 years ago...which was my favorite long Iron and havent even replaced it, thats how much I care.

General statement. I have no advice for new clubs. Mine are all hand me downs from Pops and I've been playing the same ones for 12 years. I broke my 4 Iron about 8 years ago...which was my favorite long Iron and havent even replaced it, thats how much I care.

yard sale set ftw

Archived