NFL Power Rankings (Week 3)

Maxman

by Phil Sullivan on September 29, 2010[edit]

in Nick Ferraro,Power Rankings

topten.gifBy Nick Ferraro

1. Pittsburgh Steelers

People were wondering if the Steelers could make it through Big Ben’s suspension. They’re doing much more than just making it.

2. Indianapolis Colts

The Colts defense is the issue as in most recent years. The question, as usual, is can they be good enough to complement the offense?

3. New York Jets

Games two and three make you wonder who was playing offense in week one for the Jets? If this team can score 20 points every week, they will probably have home field in the AFC for the playoffs.

4. Atlanta Falcons

Sunday’s win in New Orleans was as big a victory for the Falcons franchise as they’ve had since their super bowl run in ’90-’91.

5. New Orleans Saints

“You have to be sound in the kicking game.” The champs are probably not going to allow their kicker to decide the outcome on Sunday against Carolina.

6. Chicago Bears

The Bears may have been gifted a win on Monday night, but they’re undefeated, and they don’t owe anyone any apologies.

7. Green Bay Packers

The Packers can point directly to the penalties; the return they allowed Devin Hester; and the fumble in late stages of Monday’s game as why they are no longer unbeaten.

8. Baltimore Ravens

The Ravens seem to have as many questions as answers right now, but they have to be respected.

9. Tennessee Titans

The Titans may be undefeated were it not for having to play Pittsburgh.

10. Philadelphia Eagles

Moving to Vick at quarterback was one of the best coaching decisions in a long time in this league. You can make a case that this team would be 3-0 if he was under center to start the year.

Tagged as: NFL Power Rankings

I wonder where the Bears would be had they not totally jipped the Lions in week 1?

I think they would still deserve to be there. They still beat 2 supposed supebowl contenders in back to back weeks including one on the road. Look at the Jets week 1 performance the only difference is lucky, gifted, whatever you want to call it they got the win, and thats the most important thing.

I think they would still deserve to be there. They still beat 2 supposed supebowl contenders in back to back weeks including one on the road. Look at the Jets week 1 performance the only difference is lucky, gifted, whatever you want to call it they got the win, and thats the most important thing.

Except we lost by 1 to the Ravens, and they should have lost by 1 or 2 to the Lions.

Lions < Ravens big big difference.

by Phil Sullivan on September 29, 2010[edit]

in Nick Ferraro,Power Rankings

topten.gifBy Nick Ferraro

1. Pittsburgh Steelers

People were wondering if the Steelers could make it through Big Ben’s suspension. They’re doing much more than just making it.

2. Indianapolis Colts

The Colts defense is the issue as in most recent years. The question, as usual, is can they be good enough to complement the offense?

3. New York Jets

Games two and three make you wonder who was playing offense in week one for the Jets? If this team can score 20 points every week, they will probably have home field in the AFC for the playoffs.

4. Atlanta Falcons

Sunday’s win in New Orleans was as big a victory for the Falcons franchise as they’ve had since their super bowl run in ’90-’91.

5. New Orleans Saints

“You have to be sound in the kicking game.” The champs are probably not going to allow their kicker to decide the outcome on Sunday against Carolina.

6. Chicago Bears

The Bears may have been gifted a win on Monday night, but they’re undefeated, and they don’t owe anyone any apologies.

7. Green Bay Packers

The Packers can point directly to the penalties; the return they allowed Devin Hester; and the fumble in late stages of Monday’s game as why they are no longer unbeaten.

8. Baltimore Ravens

The Ravens seem to have as many questions as answers right now, but they have to be respected.

9. Tennessee Titans

The Titans may be undefeated were it not for having to play Pittsburgh.

10. Philadelphia Eagles

Moving to Vick at quarterback was one of the best coaching decisions in a long time in this league. You can make a case that this team would be 3-0 if he was under center to start the year.

Tagged as: NFL Power Rankings

What kind of outrageous bullshiit is this? The wolf will be pissed with the Dolphins missing the list. Their will be howl to pay for this.

Except we lost by 1 to the Ravens, and they should have lost by 1 or 2 to the Lions.

Lions < Ravens big big difference.

Dolphins<Cowboys, Packers. Patriots<Packers, Patriots on the road<Cowboys at home, see how that works. The truth of the matter is it is still early the Jets started 3-0 last year and at one point were 4-6, and 2 years ago the phins were 0-2 and finished 11-5, no one really knows what the Bears are yet, I guess all I am saying is don't completly dismiss them, they have 1 thing the Jets are desperate for and that is a pass rushing beast who can change the outcome of the game by himself.

Dolphins<Cowboys, Packers. Patriots<Packers, Patriots on the road<Cowboys at home, see how that works. The truth of the matter is it is still early the Jets started 3-0 last year and at one point were 4-6, and 2 years ago the phins were 0-2 and finished 11-5, no one really knows what the Bears are yet, I guess all I am saying is don't completly dismiss them, they have 1 thing the Jets are desperate for and that is a pass rushing beast who can change the outcome of the game by himself.

Good points, it's going to be tough to tell after this week too, unless they lose to the jints.

Not to vegas it isn't, they're 4 point dogs to the giants this week. ;)

Not to vegas it isn't, they're 4 point dogs to the giants this week. ;)

I saw that. all it means is they think the Giants are 1 point better than the Bears cause you have to throw in the 3 points for home field. I personally think Peppers is going to make Eli's night very miserable.

I saw that. all it means is they think the Giants are 1 point better than the Bears cause you have to throw in the 3 points for home field. I personally think Peppers is going to make Eli's night very miserable.

Even still, the giants are 4-10 over their last 14 and have been one of the worst teams in the league, turnover and points against wise.

Right now they both look terrible, or the giants would be killing them.

I think the Jets made a good bid at getting the #1 ranking this week.

Archived