WOODY ON IR

CobraVerde

jets.gif

Rex Ryan just told the press that Right Tackle Damien Woody is being placed on the Injured Reserve list.  Woody recently battled back from knee surgery and played a solid game against the Colts.  Ryan said Woody got hurt on the last play of the game against the Colts (achilles) and will have surgery today.

For more discussion and fan reaction please visit our New York Jets football forum.

wYTXaTLAaVQ

View the full article

It should allow the Jets to go more versatile on defense and play smaller, at least for this game.

How though? If they bring "up" to the 45 another offensive lineman, they would be dressing the same number of "other" players.

All this effects is the 53. It probably means our 2nd round pick gets to dress for a playoff game.

How though? If they bring "up" to the 45 another offensive lineman, they would be dressing the same number of "other" players.

All this effects is the 53. It probably means our 2nd round pick gets to dress for a playoff game.

I predict Vernon Gholsten has 2 sacks and a forced fumble leading to a score. :D

It basically allows either Gholsten or McNight, who were inactive vs Colts, to be active.

Pick your poison.

Actually, with Hunter moving back into the starting role it likely just means that Vlad gets activated in order to have another backup OL available other than just Turner. Although depending on the game plan it is possible either one of those guys does make it back on the active roster in place of another player (possibly one of the very many DBs the Jets had active last week).

Actually, with Hunter moving back into the starting role it likely just means that Vlad gets activated in order to have another backup OL available other than just Turner. Although depending on the game plan it is possible either one of those guys does make it back on the active roster in place of another player (possibly one of the very many DBs the Jets had active last week).

I would guess that the Jets are going to keep those DB's active for this game.

It basically allows either Gholsten or McNight, who were inactive vs Colts, to be active.

Pick your poison.

Have to agree with the minor leaguer here and think we'll dress the same # of OLmen. Hunter will take Woody's spot in the starting lineup, but we're not going to use the extra OL spot on Gholston or McKnight. If we were going to use that active roster spot for a backup OL player with Woody starting, we'll use that active roster spot for a backup OL player with Hunter starting.

I don't think we'll only dress 6 OLmen, but if we do then we were going to do that whether Woody was playing or on IR.

Have to agree with the minor leaguer here and think we'll dress the same # of OLmen. Hunter will take Woody's spot in the starting lineup, but we're not going to use the extra OL spot on Gholston or McKnight. If we were going to use that active roster spot for a backup OL player with Woody starting, we'll use that active roster spot for a backup OL player with Hunter starting.

I don't think we'll only dress 6 OLmen, but if we do then we were going to do that whether Woody was playing or on IR.

Understand the thought.

I just wonder if the Jets try to slip by on the sly (short a lineman) for this one game in an effort to give their defense more looks (personnel match-ups).

Doubtful.

Understand the thought.

I just wonder if the Jets try to slip by on the sly (short a lineman) for this one game in an effort to give their defense more looks (personnel match-ups).

Doubtful.

Doubtful, yes. The Jets would have to believe the 7th lineman, presumably Ducasse, is so awful he's no better than throwing a Hartsock in there - that if it came down to throwing him in there we're so screwed it doesn't matter - and therefore he isn't worth the active roster spot.

That's huge. I hope Ducasse is ready, because he's going to need to step in.

Ducasse may be active. It hurt their depth. But Hunter had no problem with Julius Peppers 2 weeks ago, and ROb Turner has been effective. In the sense those guys will now be playing sginificant roles, it does mean any more injuries on the OL is gonna hurt bad.

Archived