Welcome to back to our weekly waiver wire list pickups, this is the last week of bye’s so start taking a look for your backups for playoffs that start in 3 weeks, especially if you have a weak defense or in need of handcuffs for your top RB’s. Let’s get to this week’s list;
Average Size Leagues
- Chris Ogbonnaya: He is still the stating running back for the Cleveland Browns. He is a good receiver so should fill up the box score yardage wise.
- Lance Ball: He handled the 30 carries pretty well and with Willis McGahee still banged up and Moreno out for the year this is a good stash.
- Denarious Moore: He looks to be the favorite target of Carson Palmer with 19 targets the past 2 weeks.
- Vince Young: Michael Vick has broken ribs, and if this season stays lost, he may just sit out. Young has proven he can be more than serviceable.
- Tyler Palko: Meet the new starting QB for KC. He has a nice matchup against the Pats this week.
- Matt Leinart: Meet the new starting QB for the Texans. I have a hunch he plays well as he has done in the past with talent. With Andre Johnson coming back after this week’s bye, he also has a nice playoff schedule.
- Deion Branch: After a few quiet weeks, he came up big, and the Pats have a great schedule for their passing offense the rest of the way.
- Eric Decker: He is the only WR Tim Tebow throws to on the Broncos.
- Kendell Hunter: Frank Gore may not play, and he has shown he can carry the load in a run-heavy 49ers offense.
- Tarvaris Jackson: He is not playing bad, and he gets the friendly Rams defense who gave Colt McCoy one of his biggest passing performances of the season last week.
- Donald Brown: With the Colts always falling behind, he gets all the reps as the pass catching back.
- Jerricho Cotchery: He has settled in as the WR3 and is on a bye. In a large league in a passing heavy team, should be worth a look.
- Denard Walker: The 2nd TE on the 49ers gets a few balls his way and should sneak a TD here and there.
- Dennis Pitta: Another 2nd TE that is starting to break out.
- Joe McKnight: LT is now out and he may finally get a chance to show that he is the best RB that the Jets have on the roster.
- Kevin Smith: With Javid Best maybe out for the year and no other RB’s stepping up, he could get a chance in your fantasy playoffs.
Next week we will cover some defenses for the 1st time all year to get ready for your playoff run.
Follow me on Twitter and feel free to ask any and all fantasy football questions.
Good Luck this week!