Clue Mafia - Game on!

Lily

Haha! That was more me saying, "Don't blame me, I voted for Mondale." There's not much to that, or anything else this early in the game - other than you trying to make something of it. Hence my vote.

I'm guessing that the vast majority -if not all- of the players in this game voted for the room blindly.

However, the only real hard data we have at this point in the game is that a number of people voted kitchen, and that directly resulted in a dead townie. I'm not going to go all ballistic on kitchen voters as a result, but it's something to file away and see how the next couple of room selections play out.

I see what you're saying. Day 1 is trying to make something out of nothing but pardon me from trying to do something.

We both know how this ends. More dick jokes, we yell at each other. Lily makes a deadline and at the 11th hour we lynch someone.

My case isn't a GOTCHA. More or less observations that I see as off. As for the other rooms I agree and that's why I asked lily if we can change rooms now. I'm with CTM on the fact we have no clue (SEE WUT I DID THERE??) if scum is aware if the room settings. This format is weird.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go for it.

i have been

my thinking is inline with the below. the kitchen vote was quick and overwelming, the "event" was entirely controllable, and it was triggerred instantly. As slats says below, it's not near conclusive, but it's worth considering..

However, the only real hard data we have at this point in the game is that a number of people voted kitchen, and that directly resulted in a dead townie. I'm not going to go all ballistic on kitchen voters as a result, but it's something to file away and see how the next couple of room selections play out.

Be careful what you wish for my dear.

Who doesn't like to see the sexy bedroom time between two of our greatest mafia minds? Especially when they both rock such lovely asian accents.

Haha! That was more me saying, "Don't blame me, I voted for Mondale." There's not much to that, or anything else this early in the game - other than you trying to make something of it. Hence my vote.

I'm guessing that the vast majority -if not all- of the players in this game voted for the room blindly.

I think it just made sense that what's good in the board game would be good here. I was hoping there would be some kind of advantage to being in a secret passageway room, but apparently not. I can understand other people thinking the same thing as me. Who knows if scum were tipped off in any way about the perils of the kitchen stool. It's possible.

I see what you're saying. Day 1 is trying to make something out of nothing but pardon me from trying to do something.

We both know how this ends. More dick jokes, we yell at each other. Lily makes a deadline and at the 11th hour we lynch someone.

My case isn't a GOTCHA. More or less observations that I see as off. As for the other rooms I agree and that's why I asked lily if we can change rooms now. I'm with CTM on the fact we have no clue (SEE WUT I DID THERE??) if scum is aware if the room settings. This format is weird.

So are you guys friends again? This is very reminiscent of Stapp vs. Durst.

so last year the lady friend was bustin' my bawls about doing something fun so I says lets go see Dane Cook at the local Rochester, NY arena (home of the Rochester Amerks).

This phucko Cook has the audacity to charge $100 for tix but I say whatevs.. I'll pay double that to get this broad off my back.

anyways... we get the the Blue Cross Arena and settle in for the big show. After a couple mildly funny opening acts the arena goes pitch black and the lights stationed on the catwalks above start doing interweaving figures 8's all over the joint.. the MC comes on and announces Dane like he's fu-kin Obama or something. - DAAAAAAAAAAANNNE COOOOOOOOOOOKEEEE!!!

real obnoxious sh-t.

Great Dane comes out to the adoration of the 12,000 fans and starts in with his weak act... about 40 minutes later - 43 minutes tops, this smarmy prick has the temerity to bring the show to an abrupt hault, tell the crowd "yall were a great crowd - I'll be back ROCHESTAAA", then raise his fist in the air. The crowd simultaneously looked at our watches and started to give him a confused round of applause... this a-hole jerk then proceeds to give low-fives to the people in the first row as he gallops off stage towards the dressing room like he was a Beatle.

Suffice to say I think Dane Cook is a piece of crap, no talent, hack, scumbag and why I think the comparisons to JiF aren't without merit.

i have been

my thinking is inline with the below. the kitchen vote was quick and overwelming, the "event" was entirely controllable, and it was triggerred instantly. As slats says below, it's not near conclusive, but it's worth considering..

Ok am I a ******* ruh-tard or are you saying you think scum knew or they didn't?

My honest opinion is we have no clue what will happen until we complete a full cycle. I never played clue so I'm worthless with the source material.

so song and slats are floating the idea of voting kitchen voters, and neither of them happen to be in that list?

I see song suggested mafia hiding in the masses, which could be something, slats is your opinion based solely on the mafia knowing there was a trap in the kitchen and how to spring it?

Out of the vote order, there isn't much to go on..

Kitchen (13) – Crusher, JiF, I-28, Sharrow, 80, JVoR, Dan X, Vic, Verby, SMC, Pac, Brett, Hess

crusher was going to the kitchen no matter what, jif was following crusher no matter what, 80 has already expressed <3 for the first two fruits, so him following isn't unusual..

SMC and pac changed thier votes at the end cause they're blockheads who can't follow simple direction

Brett and Hess voted after it was a done deal..

that leaves i28, sharrow, jvor, dan, vic and verby as the only potential questionable votes, and that's making a lot of assumptions about what info scum has.. (or them being worried enough of this vote to hide in masses)

maybe interestingly, jvor has already poo-poo'd the theory completely.. I think it's a decent enough thing to at least discuss and get the game going.. soo..

unvote

vote JVOR

to make him talk about it

I don't see how you can call the people who didn't read the rules carefully or decided to jump on the wagon after everything was said and done not questionable. Isn't that normal scummy behavior if we were talking about lynches. Yes this isn't a lynch but I mean people still had to vote for something.

I also find it interesting you're trying to FoS me in a way, without actually coming out and saying what you mean exactly. No I wasn't on the voting wagon, and? You have decided to go with this line of thinking and you weren't on the wagon. Is that suspicious?

I think it just made sense that what's good in the board game would be good here. I was hoping there would be some kind of advantage to being in a secret passageway room, but apparently not. I can understand other people thinking the same thing as me. Who knows if scum were tipped off in any way about the perils of the kitchen stool. It's possible.

I just hope we're on the same team. If not, I'm not long for this game.

I'd really rather not speculate too much right now on room selection. I don't have anything to offer, and I don't see it bringing much return-wise at this stage of the game. Lily made a point to say that there could be a lot of interesting roles in this game, though. I'm pretty certain that there are a few people who have a much better idea of what's going on in this game than I do. Both scum and (hopefully) town.

There is pretty much 0 % chance scum knew how to trigger the event, of that I am confident. Why do I know this? Because I triggered the death, and I had no idea what I had done. Go back and read how it all went down. Does it look like any of that could have possibly been planned? I answered a question by slats that in no way was a set-up for the response I gave that triggered the event.

As for the scum knowing about what events happen in the rooms, that's another argument. They could know. But read the last post in what I've quoted below. Lily says you will not know the triggers before they are hit, obviously.

Lily, who's in this game and how many does it take to lynch? And why did the scum want to come to the kitchen so badly?

Thanks!

Because that's where the most knives are with which to stab one in the back. Duh.

The trigger has already been hit!

I wish you guys hadn't chosen the kitchen day 1. This is bad....

The trigger was not a vote. It was a particular concept being mentioned. They can be anything from a word to the Xth numbered post, to well, anything.

You all enter the kitchen. It’s a tight fit but it is a big kitchen. While looking for clues as to who may have killed Mr. Boddy (you know, from the game) one of you decides to check the upper cupboards and climbs on a step stool. You didn’t notice the stool was rickety and he falls off and hits his head on the edge of the counter. He must have hit it just right, because he’s dead.

SMC, Baron Ash, Roleless townie, has been killed

Not random. To give you an idea of the way my mind works (good luck with that!) the trigger was the first person to mention death other than lynching. The person who posted after them was the one killed. I will also tell you that this is the only room where the event is a death. No two triggers are the same. No two events are the same.

Yes, that was the post, and you will not know the triggers before they are hit, obviously. Some I can't tell you even afterward, because they will affect the game. I will tell you some, most likely.

Sorry. I left this out. Crusher, can you edit my first post to add the player list? Thanks. I saved a spot for Doggin, so he may still be joining us, if he wants, too. The # needed for lynch will be in my vote counts.

1. Vicious

2. Slats

3. Pac

4. Brett

5. SMC

6. I28

7. JiF

8. JVOR

9. DanX

10. Bleedin' Green

11. Hess

12. Sharrow

13. SenorGato

14. Jetsfan80

15. Song

16. Wombat

17. Jetscode

18. Crusher

19. AVM

20. Verbal

21. CTM

22. Barmacral

He does.

so last year the lady friend was bustin' my bawls about doing something fun so I says lets go see Dane Cook at the local Rochester, NY arena (home of the Rochester Amerks).

This phucko Cook has the audacity to charge $100 for tix but I say whatevs.. I'll pay double that to get this broad off my back.

anyways... we get the the Blue Cross Arena and settle in for the big show. After a couple mildly funny opening acts the arena goes pitch black and the lights stationed on the catwalks above start doing interweaving figures 8's all over the joint.. the MC comes on and announces Dane like he's fu-kin Obama or something. - DAAAAAAAAAAANNNE COOOOOOOOOOOKEEEE!!!

real obnoxious sh-t.

Great Dane comes out to the adoration of the 12,000 fans and starts in with his weak act... about 40 minutes later - 43 minutes tops, this smarmy prick has the temerity to bring the show to an abrupt hault, tell the crowd "yall were a great crowd - I'll be back ROCHESTAAA", then raise his fist in the air. The crowd simultaneously looked at our watches and started to give him a confused round of applause... this a-hole jerk then proceeds to give low-fives to the people in the first row as he gallops off stage towards the dressing room like he was a Beatle.

Suffice to say I think Dane Cook is a piece of crap, no talent, hack, scumbag and why I think the comparisons to JiF aren't without merit.

Damn. Thats harsh. lol. You've actually met me too. I just watched a couple of more clips. Very few laughs. But I can see the comparisons. Our delivery is the same and I think we have similar sounding voices. Kinda look the same. I get Noah Wyle a lot too, think I look more like him.

You look like an a$$hole. So you being an a$$hole is totally with merit.

I think dissecting the kitchen nightmare is an exercise in futility. I highly doubt anyone knew anything about it. A discussion on game mechanics is a good way of getting the game started but focusing too much on one aspect of the day lends itself to mafia being able to lay low while we go round and round.

speaking of laying low where is Sharrow?

You're close, but allow me to correct you.

Vic likes to post awkward boner pictures, I know I'm not funny but I pretend I am to ease the pain, CTM loves is teh ladies man, slats is smarter than all of us (that ones more serious), and Pac pisses people off. No matter what.

You're assimilating quite nicely, Verbal. Well done.

borg3.jpg

I think dissecting the kitchen nightmare is an exercise in futility. I highly doubt anyone knew anything about it. A discussion on game mechanics is a good way of getting the game started but focusing too much on one aspect of the day lends itself to mafia being able to lay low while we go round and round.

speaking of laying low where is Sharrow?

That's my Day 2 line, sir.

Yay! Doggin is here to give us the rules to play by and probably has thIs all figured out. Fall in line people'

I feel like Doggin' hasn't played since reeeeeal early last semester. All that time to formulate a gameplan....

1. Vicious

2. Slats

3. Pac

4. Brett

5. SMC

6. I28

7. JiF

8. JVOR

9. DanX

10. Bleedin' Green

11. Hess

12. Sharrow

13. SenorGato

14. Jetsfan80

15. Song

16. Wombat

17. Jetscode

18. Crusher

19. AVM

20. Verbal

21. CTM

22. Barmacral

23. Doggin

That's everybody now, including SMC, who is no longer with us.

real obnoxious sh-t.

Damn. Thats harsh. lol. You've actually met me too. I just watched a couple of more clips. Very few laughs. But I can see the comparisons. Our delivery is the same and I think we have similar sounding voices. Kinda look the same. I get Noah Wyle a lot too, think I look more like him.

You look like an a$$hole. So you being an a$$hole is totally with merit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx3LfMYZlX0

Vote count

Jif (1) – Brett

Pac (2) – Hess, 80

Hess (2) – I-28, Song

AVM (1) – JvoR

Gato (1) – BG

Slats (2) – Wombat, Vic

CTM (1) – Verbal

Sharrow (1) – AVM

Jetsfan80 (1) – Pac

Crusher (1) – Barm

I-28 (1) – JC

JVoR (2) – CTM, JiF

Vic (1) - Slats

With 22 alive you need 12 to lynch.

No deadline yet.

Correct player list HERE

i have been

Still reading through the thread, but I think that's ridiculous.

You're suggesting that Lily gave the mafia a free day-kill for getting to the kitchen? (since that's what it would be - one person post about death, then no mafia post until a townie managed to get themselves killed by posting after it). Sorry, not buying it.

lol.. he steals jokes too.. Terrible. Didn't even chuckle once when I saw 15 minutes of his html special

Ok am I a ******* ruh-tard or are you saying you think scum knew or they didn't?

My honest opinion is we have no clue what will happen until we complete a full cycle. I never played clue so I'm worthless with the source material.

I'm saying I think most of us don't know, but it's worth discussing. Maybe someone does know and slips a bit, ya know?

I don't see how you can call the people who didn't read the rules carefully or decided to jump on the wagon after everything was said and done not questionable. Isn't that normal scummy behavior if we were talking about lynches. Yes this isn't a lynch but I mean people still had to vote for something.

Yes, but for difference reasons. Under the context of scum setting a trap, I'd think the late voters we're exempt.

I also find it interesting you're trying to FoS me in a way, without actually coming out and saying what you mean exactly. No I wasn't on the voting wagon, and? You have decided to go with this line of thinking and you weren't on the wagon. Is that suspicious?

Maybe for some people, sure, for the same reasons as you doing it. I pointed it out and then went ahead and did the same thing, cause I don't find it inherently suspicious. Worth nothing, yes..

You're suggesting that Lily gave the mafia a free day-kill for getting to the kitchen? (since that's what it would be - one person post about death, then no mafia post until a townie managed to get themselves killed by posting after it). Sorry, not buying it.

I don't know this man but I can tell he is wise. And I have much to learn.

Please welcome Doggin to the game. We now have 23 players and that's going to be all.

Welcome!

No, I'm not saying i think that, I'm saying discussing it would be a good segway into the game..

Welcome!

No, I'm not saying i think that, I'm saying discussing it would be a good segway into the game..

Translation: Even though it was a completely nonsensical idea to even suggest that the scum knew what would trigger someone's death, let's get talking about it so we can stir up the masses with a conspiracy theory, subsequently leading to the lynching of an innocent. Or, in other words:

Atrapitis.gif?1240007111

Nice try CTM, but you have to get up pretty early in the morning to fool even this noob.

Archived