Jets Camp Notes: Day One (AM)
The first practice is in the books, the AM session was media only. Here are some highlights:
- Matt Slauson took the first-team snaps at left tackle during 11-on-11 team drills. Rookie Vlad Ducasse will likely take first-team reps in the afternoon as the two players battle for Alan Faneca’s old spot.
- Nick Folk was 7-for-8 in field goals… Sanchez was unofficially 4-for-9 in 11-on-11s.
- Ryan praised rookie fullback John Conner for standing out in the morning practice:
“He was blasting guys,” Ryan said. “He took the wind out of three linebackers today. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before. He’s a thumper. … As Mike (Tannenbaum) says, I get one (draft) pick a year. That was my pick. I don’t know about you guys, but I think it was pretty good.”
- There are no developments on the Revis holdout front, but LB Bart Scott made it clear he’s not worried about heading into the season without the Jets’ All-Pro cornerback. “I can’t envision playing this season without Darrelle Revis,” Scott said.
- McKnight muffed a kickoff and dropped a pass in today’s morning practice. But Ryan remains confident that he’s a talent, and says he’s also “a lot bigger” than he looks.
Read more New York Jets training camp notes and see fan reaction in our Jets fan forum.