Here are news and notes from the afternoon practice on the first day on New York Jets training camp.
- Cimini tweets that Dwight Lowery is getting extra work with Revis out.
- On TheJetsBlog Lisa Zimmerman had several observations:
- Laveranues Coles also switched his number from 85 to 19 sometime between the morning and afternoon practices. David Clowney of course is wearing Coles’ original number 87.
- Vlad Ducasse and Matt Slauson continue to rotate at left guard.
- Afternoon practice was rather quiet. Vernon Gholston got a rise out of the crowd after batting down a passs from Mark Sanchez during 11-on-11s.
- Still getting used to seeing Bryan Thomas in number 58 after he and Jason Taylor brokered a deal with Taylor coming out owning 99.
Manish Mehta also had this to say about Woody Johnson’s comments today about being willing to meet directly with Revis. Here is another update where Woody says cash flow problems are not the issue here.
- Tannenbaum will reach out 2 Revis’ representatives 2night/2morrow &reiterate Woody’s position aboutt setting up face2 face meeting
You can discuss day one of NY Jets training camp in our fan forum.