Hello Jet Nation!
This has been a busy week even though no games were played. We have had quite a bit of movement in our rankings due to injuries, retirements or non-retirements, and some coach speak.
Let’s start with Mr Favre. We have moved him to the bottom of the ranking as even if he plays it sound like health may be a concern so right now Brett is dead to me and my rankings.
The biggest downgrade this week is Sidney Rice, which is based on 2 issues one of which is Brett Favre and the 2nd and most important is he is not healthy and had 2 Dr’s say he should have hip surgery. We had a few other players downgraded as well:
- Chad Ocho Cinco- There is only 1 ball and TO will need/want it some of the time
- Anquan Boldin- While he looks somewhat healthy, I am concerned about his age
- Vicente Shiancoe-He was Favre’s favorite red zone receiver
- Julius Jones- He is running 2nd team at best, there is no way he is the feature back this year
- Owen Daniels-Has not recovered by his ACL surgery, is very iffy for opening day
- Ben Tate- He is out of the mix for carries and running 3rd string
- Nate Washington-He continues to be injured-look elsewhere at the end of the draft
The biggest risers we have this week is led by Arian Foster who has gotten the support to be the #1 RB in Houston by their coach Gary Kubiak. He finished the year very well and can flourish in this system on a FT basis. Here are some other players who have risen in my draft rankings;
- Javid Best- All reports have been he will be the FT 3 down back, Smith is off a ACL so the Lions have no real other option
- Kevin Kolb- More great reports coming out of Philly and with their shaky running attack and pass 1st style Kolb would be a solid value in the mid rounds
- Justin Forsett- While a lot of his yardage came in garbage time last year, he is the guy in Seattle and another case of not having much competition. He was also a FT back at Cal and can handle the load
- Cadillac Williams- He is a solid #1 right now since this staff does not seem to like Derrick Ward. He can be a solid #3 back as he is now 2 years off of surgery
- Malcolm Floyd- With Jackson out he is the #1 and put up solid stats in limited chances last year
- Early Doucet- He is looking like the #2 Wr and finished last year with almost 20 yards in 2 playoff games, could be a end of draft sleeper
- Legedu Naanee- He is looking like the #2 is a very pass happy offense
We have also provided auction values based on a 10 team league with $100 salary Cap.
Our draft rankings will be updated throughout pre-season as situations change in the NFL so please continue to check back for updates and two articles a week during the season.