1) O’Connell waived- On Tuesday the New York Jets announced that they waived quarterback Kevin O’Connell. O’Connell was viewed by many as the fourth string quarterback so this move comes as no surprise.
2) Clemens restructures and stays- Quarterback Kellen Clemens has reportedly restructured his contract in order to stay with the New York Jets. Clemens, who is believed to be the Jets third string quarterback, will be making less than his $1.1 million dollar tender, but above the veteran minimum. Not for nothing but what exactly has Mark Brunell shown to have Clemens screwed around with like this? According to reports Rex Ryan stated that if there was a team interested in making Clemens their starter, the Jets as an organization would make a deal happen. I think the New York Jets are doing a terrible job handling their quarterback situation and this could come back to haunt them.
3) Pool continues to miss practice- On Tuesday safety Brodney Pool missed his third consecutive practice with what is being called an ankle sprain. This is an injury that you definitely want to keep an eye on.
4) Jets sign Ricky Foley- Several media outlets are reporting that the Jets have signed linebacker Ricky Foley, who was released by the Seahawks on Monday. Foley was considered one of the CFL’s best pass rushers, so it makes sense for the Jets to give him a look. I guess Gang Green will try and explore every other cheaper option before bringing Adalius Thomas in?
5) Another day, no Revis- The Darrelle Revis holdout continues and at some point you have to wonder what type of shape the All-Pro is in. In my eyes the longer Revis is out, the greater the risk of injury goes up.