1) Sanchez ready to play- As expected quarterback Mark Sanchez practiced on Wednesday and is expected to play on Sunday versus the Houston Texans. Sanchez injured his right calf in the game last Sunday, but no MRI was needed just some treatment.
2) Cotchery likely out- Even though the Jets refuse to rule out wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery for Sunday’s game, don’t expect him to play. Cotchery did not practice on Wednesday and the Jets history dictates that they will be very cautious in terms of J-Co’s return. Not to mention Gang Green has a quick turn around with the Thanksgiving night game. Look for Brad Smith to fill in for Jerricho.
3) Lowery out? Jets cornerback/safety Dwight Lowery suffered a concussion last Sunday and did not practice on Wednesday. According to Rex Ryan Lowery’s playing status will not be determined until the end of the week. Keep an eye on this situation as safety Eric Smith is also banged up which could leave the Jets very thin in the secondary versus a pass happy Texans team.
4) Slauson to practice- Offensive lineman Matt Slauson hopes to return to practice on Thursday as his injured right quad continues to improve. Slauson left the game in the fourth quarter last Sunday and was replaced by Robert Turner.
5) Kickers to practice at NMS- Manish Mehta of the NY Daily News is reporting that the Jets kickers will practice at the New Meadowlands Stadium in order to get some additional experience with the winds. At this point I think Nick Folk better cover every base as he has to be on a thin rope after his horrific performance last Sunday.
6) Time to get Loud!! On Wednesday Rex Ryan asked the fans attending Sunday’s game to get into their seats early and to bring the noise when the Jets are on defense. Rex wants to have a “Loud Out” to help disrupt the Texans offense. Jets fans are usually boisterous so this should not be a problem. Maybe Gang Green can start out fast which would help fuel the fire. Also for those of you attending the game, there is an awesome pregame flyover scheduled that will make it more than worth your while to get into your seats early.