Fantasy Football Over\Under Achievers (Week Two)
Hello Fantasy Football Fans,
Here is the next installment of what will be a weekly rundown on who I think will over or under perform their weekly rankings from ESPN. So if you have a guy who is possibly injured and not 100% take a look at the lower ranked guys I think will do well and move them into your lineup. But if I mention a top player like Peterson it will be tough to have a guy who can even produce 50% of his output so as always take these thoughts and make the best decision. Last week I went 3-5 in the Sit category and 6-6 in the Start, not a good start so let’s improve this week. Let’s get to the rankings:
- Chad Henne (21) – Miami looks to be an all passing team, forcing Chad to put up some nice stats.
- Ryan Fitzpatrick (18) – Orton was able to rip them up especially before Lloyd got hurt, Harvard will do the same.
- Rex Grossman (15) – He gets to play the same pass defense that gave up the most yards to a rookie QB.
- LaDainian Tomlinson (41) – Had a solid day and will play every 3rd down, should be able to get 80 total yards.
- Danny Woodhead (40)-Looked to be the Pats #1 back as he had double the touches of Ellis.
- Ryan Matthews (31)-He can do the same as Reggie Bush did the previous week and with Tolbert a bit banged up, he will step up.
- Cadillac Williams (29)-Not so much on the ground as in the air, he is the only real option at RB.
- Davone Bess (44)- As I mentioned with Henne , this is now a pass 1st offense, will give solid production as WR3.
- Brandon Gibson (43)-He led the team in targets after Amendola went out last week, Bradford will get him the ball against the weak Giants secondary.
- Devery Henderson (37) – He has always been boom or bust but with Moore and Colston out, we expect him to step up again.
- Hakeem Nicks (29)-It looks like he is playing and with all the Rams injuries in the secondary, they have no one to slow him down even at 80%.
- Jordy Nelson (27)-He is now WR2 for the Packers and looks like he is building on the great Super Bowl he had, how much fun is it to root for Packers WR’s?
- Ed Dickson (20)-He caught all 5 targets and is gaining Flacco’s confidence.
- Fred Davis (16)-Shanahan has announced they will be going with a 2TE set most of the time.
- Big Ben (9)-I can see the Steelers getting up big and limiting Ben’s production.
- Joe Flacco (10)- He had a nice game but comes back to earth on the road.
- Jamaal Charles (5)-Going on the road against the Lions DL does not bode well for Charles.
- Maurice Jones Drew (10)-He is on a play count and going against the Jets is not a good recipe for a huge day.
- BenJarvus Green Ellis (22)-He had 2 carries before garbage time, way too reliant on TD’s.
- Pierre Thomas (26) – Ranked liked a Flex but played in less than 30 snaps in a shootout.
- Willis McGahee (33)-Only had one red zone carry, looks old and slow.
- Marshawn Lynch (34)-There is no need to go with any players from the Hawks and the leaky OL.
- Roddy White (4) – I know you have to start him but watch Turner and the Falcons run the ball at least 35 times against the young Eagle run defense.
- Reggie Wayne (13)-All of his yards came in garbage time, Colts go run heavy this week to try and stay in the game.
- Dez Bryant (14)-Very banged up all last game, had no catches after the 1st quarter.
- Brandon Lloyd (25)-Even if he plays, he will be way under 100% and with the Denver unsettled QB situation, stay away.
- Mike Thomas (30)-Welcome to Revis Island.
That is it for this week; we will be back early next week for the weekly free agent pickups and feel free to follow me on Twitter-dvond for any fantasy questions.
New York Jets OTA Presser Takeaways, Aaron Rodgers' Impact and Summer Delusion