The JetNation Report Card will be here soon and the offensive grades won’t be good. Here are some thoughts after the 9 – 0 loss to the Green Bay Packers.
- Are the Jets a running team? Or are they a passing team? Rex seems to think that they are a ground and pound team. Yet the run \ pass balance today was anything but balanced. 21 running plays, 38 passing attempts? The game was within one score until very late in the 4th quarter, you would think a ground and pound team would try to impose their will on the ground a little more.
- When the Jets watch the film there will be many mistakes they can work on correcting. The drops by Jerricho Cotchery in the 4th quarter were very un-Jerricho Cotchery like. Two plays jump out as huge errors by Mark Sanchez.
- The first was when Mark didn’t see a wide open Braylon Edwards. The Jets were on the 10 yard line and Sanchez could have sent the ball to Bralyon via Fed Ex for a touchdown. He never saw him.
- Under throwing the ball to Santonio Holmes as he streaked across the field. Holmes could have taken that one in for a touchdown.
- Does Rex Ryan need a new advisor telling him when to challenge a play?
The Jets could wake up tomorrow in 2nd place. A dose of reality could be what is needed. They are off to a good start at 5 and 2 but there is plenty of work to be done if the Jets want to make this a season for the ages.
Plenty of Jets fans are discussing the game in the New York Jets football forum.