Welcome to another installment of who to start and who to sit while making your weekly fantasy football lineup decisions for the 2nd week of the playoffs. We went 14-8 in the start ‘em portion and 9-9 in the sit ‘em portion, worst week in awhile. Let’s get to this week’s list;
- Tom Brady – Keep riding the hot hand even without Gronk.
- Phillip Rivers – He plays well vs the Broncos and should have to throw all game.
- Alex Smith – He continues to be a top 10 QB in the past 6 plus weeks.
- Matt Ryan – He has a great match up plus White seems to be hitting his stride.
- Kirk Couisins – This is a great match up for his trade for a draft pick rehearsal.
- Ben Tate – He had a shaky game last week but should explode vs the Colts.
- Le’Veon Bell – Even if he does not have a great running game, he is getting at least 6 targets a game.
- Steven Jackson – He has been getting the carries and with the Redskins on board, he should be good.
- Danny Woodhead – Expecting a ton of passes, he should have a big game in Denver.
- Pierre Thomas – The Rams have been solid vs the run but he gets enough targets with Sproles not playing much these days.
- Torrey Smith – Could not handle the snow but he should shine in dome vs the Lions.
- Keenan Allen – The best rookie season in years will continue,
- Jordy Nelson – He is solid even with bad QB play, pencil him in for 80 yards and possible touchdown.
- Riley Cooper – He is a favorite of Foles is an easy matchup vs the Vikings.
- Julian Edelman – He will shine again like he did last time Gronk was out.
- Dwayne Bowe – He has a td in ¾ weeks and should continue this week.
- Mike Wallace – The Patriots got killed by Browns and Campbell last week, expect more of the same from Wallace.
- Delanie Walker – He is healthy and gets the worst tight end defense in the league.
- Dennis Pitta – He came back strong with 11 targets last week.
- Russell Wilson – On the road, in bad weather and against a secondary that other than last week has played well.
- Colin Kaepernick – He has been just average and without running is not a startable fantasy QB.
- Toby Gerhart – He is banged up and Eagles are an improving defense.
- Fred Jackson – Jaguars have been a top 10 run defense the past 4 weeks, stay away.
- C.J. Spiller – See above.
- Chris Johnson – He looked awful plus gets the tough Cardinals defense.
- Bobby Rainey – He is all or nothing and I see the 49ers holding him down.
- Chris Ivory – Another tough defense in Carolina shuts him down.
- Ray Rice – He did have 100 yards last week but still struggling plus the tough match up keeps him on the bench.
- Vincent Jackson – Glennon is struggling a bit and he runs into the 49ers defense.
- Steve Smith – Even with a great match up he just does not put up good enough numbers.
- T.Y. Hilton – Now 5 weeks in a row of less than 50 yards, stay away.
- Coby Fleener – He is just too inconsistent to be started in the playoffs.
Have a great week and let me know if you have any questions.