The New York Jets offensive line had another dominating performance and the defense was solid yet again. The NY Jets traveled to Toronto to play the Buffalo Bills and walked away with a 19 to 13 victory. Mark Sanchez was injured (knee) and did not return.
What did we learn?
- Sanchez has plenty of room for improvement but he is getting better. Tonight he avoided the costly mistakes that have plagued him in the past (interceptions).
- Kellen Clemens should enjoy his last few weeks of being in the NFL. Once this season is over, he is going to have a hard time finding a job. He looked lost tonight when he came on to replace Mark Sanchez. Nice kid but he struggled on the field and in the post-game interview. That is never a good sign.
- This defense is getting better each week. They are disciplined and were in Ryan Fitzpatrick’s face all night long (3 sacks and 8 qb hits).
- Kerry Rhodes isn’t getting his starting job back anytime soon.
- Darrelle Revis is playing at a level that NY Jets fans have not seen before. Terrell Owens had 31 yards in total and Revis intercepted his 5th pass of the season.
- Braylon Edwards missed a sure touch down pass from Mark Sanchez and the ball hit him in the helmet. That one will be on the highlight reels for a long time.
- The offensive line just manhandled the Bills. The Jets rushed for 249 yards overall, led by Thomas Jones (23 carries, 109 yards).
Stay tuned for the JetNation.com Report Card by Joe Grinwis.