1) 2011 Opponents determined- The New York Jets opponents for the 2011 season have been determined and they are as follows:
Home- Dolphins, Bills, Patriots, Chiefs, Chargers, Jaguars, Cowboys, Giants
Away- Dolphins, Bills, Patriots, Broncos, Raiders, Ravens, Redskins, Eagles
2) McKnight nominated for Rookie of the Week award- On Monday the NFL announced that New York Jets running back Joe McKnight has been nominated for the Pepsi Rookie of the Week award. McKnight earned the nomination by tallying up 158 rushing yards in Sunday’s victory over the Bills. To vote for Joe click here.
3) Woody, Smith to play on Saturday? It appears that both Damien Woody and Eric Smith could return from injury on Saturday. This is good news for the Jets as both of these players could play vital roles against the Colts.
4) Favre, Jets sued- Several media outlets are reporting that two massage therapists are suing Brett Favre and the New York Jets for sexual harassment and job discrimination. The lawsuit claims that the therapists lost their part-time jobs with the Jets after complaining about inappropriate text messages received from Favre.
Two thoughts on this: 1) Why do I have this funny feeling that incidents like this happened with Favre in Green Bay but were swept under the rug? 2) Can there be any more off the field distractions for the Jets? This team is starting to remind me of the Miami Hurricanes days under Jimmy Johnson.
5) Rex bringing the noise once again- New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan was back at it again on Monday providing tons of bulletin board material for the Indianapolis Colts. An example of one of his quotes:
“(I’m motivated more against) Pittsburgh. In my career, Pittsburgh (has beaten me more). That’s the way everybody is. It’s not just me taking it personally, it’s every time you lose. Not me as a head coach or an assistant coach, all players and everyone in the organization, you take it personal. As a fan, you take it personally. Pittsburgh beat me. That’s how it is. With Peyton Manning, I’m going to beat him. I don’t know when, but I want it to be Saturday. Is it personal? Yes. Is it personal against (Manning), Reggie Wayne, (Dwight) Freeney, (Robert) Mathis and (the rest of the team)? Absolutely. I want to win. That’s why I’m here. They’re going to (get) my best shot and our team’s best shot. We know they are a good football team and we’ll see if they are good enough to handle us.”
Nothing like putting the big bulls eye right back on your head Rex. It is comments like these that will always keep the Jets in the media spotlight.