Week One Start Sit
Hello Fantasy Football Fans,
Here is the first of what will be a weekly rundown on who I think will out or under perform their weekly rankings from ESPN. So if you have a guy who is possibly injured and not 100% take a look at the lower ranked guys I think will do well and move them into your lineup. But if I mention a top player like Peterson it will be tough to have a guy who can even produce 50% of his output so as always take these thoughts and make the best decision. Let’s get to the rankings:
- Kerry Collins (25) – With everyone railing on him, he can still produce with the weapons at his current disposal and while Houston made some offseason moves, their defense is still below average.
- Ryan Fitzpatrick (20)- He played like a QB1 in the last 8 games last year and no reason he cannot keep that going with a tasty matchup against the overrated Chiefs.
- Mark Sanchez (18) –The Cowboys had an awful pass defense before the latest injuries; this is the week with the great weather for the Jets to open it up through the pass.
- Delone Carter (48) –The TD vulture will come alive.
- Willis McGahee (39)-He has been named the goal line back with the injury prone Moreno
- Reggie Bush (32) – With Thomas now out for Sunday, they have no other RB options.
- BenJarvus Green Ellis (22)- He had big games both times against Miami and now fresh for week one should perform like a Rb1.
- Malcolm Floyd (47)- He played quite well in the last 8 games and Minnesota has major pass defense issues, nice spot for a WR3
- Jacoby Ford (43)- Hue Jackson expect big things from their WR1, Denver another shaky pass defense.
- Pierre Garcon (33)-Here is a hunch with Collie banged up and Collins strong arm, he will get a long td against the porous pass defense of Houston.
- Percy Harvin (25) – When healthy all he does is put up WR1 stats and here is your best chance before he breaks down against the always slow starting Chargers.
- Lance Kendricks (18)- Here is Bradford’s favorite preseason target and with the lack of a WR1 on the Rams, will perform like a TE1 all year.
- Matt Ryan (9) – The Bears top pass defense will give him all sorts of trouble as they work in the new rookie.
- Arian Foster (4)- At best he will be a part time back as he is now a game time decision, not the chance to take in week 1.
- Maurice Jones Drew (8)- The Titans have a solid run defense forcing McCown into throwing which is not good for MJD
- Ray Rice (9) – There is very little success to be had against the Steel Curtain, it is a huge gamble to try and run as they are venerable against the pass.
- Jahvid Best (21)- He played very little during preseason coming off another concussion, wait and see how he comes out of the 1st game.
- Cedric Benson (25) – I cannot him this plow horse having any success against the 8-9 man fronts this week or all year.
- Ryan Matthews (26)- With no 3rd downs or goal line carries and against a top run defense even with Williams, not a good play.
- Marshawn Lynch (30)- He barley played in preseason, not sure how this will all shake out in Seattle, go with a safer play on the road where Seattle is historically awful.
That is it for this week; we will be back early next week for the weekly free agent pickups and feel free to visit our fantasy football forum with any comments or questions.