Hello Fantasy Football Fans!
Welcome to the 5th week of the season! Each week, I list the best free agent pickups of the week every Tuesday. I build this list by looking at the many leagues I am in which range in participation from 10-14 teams so I will try and have pickup for every level. Please start looking at your bye weeks and plan accordingly. This has been an odd year where there have been many players who can contribute; there have been no major impact players. There are a few guys listed last week that are still out there; Bernard Scott, Denario Alexander, Nate Washington, and Montario Hardesty maybe this is the week a true season changer breaks out;
Average Size Leagues
- Steven Ridley-He looked like the best back on the field but Belichick will not demote the law firm just yet.
- Ryan Torain-Mike Shanahan hates fantasy football and last week was another case in point, pick him up and gamble at your own risk.
- Jacoby Jones-He moves into the WR1 for the Texans with Johnson out for 3 weeks, last time he filled in for multiple games, he averaged 90 yards a game.
- Matt Hasselback-A solid bye week fill in while he is still standing as a top 8 QB.
- Victor Cruz-Has stepped up nicely and played over Manningham last week.
- Isaac Redman-Mendenhall has looked slow and is banged up.
- Pierre Garcon-Had a very productive 2 catches last week, may be a solid bye week fill in.
- Ben Watson-He leads the Browns in targets.
- Jason Avant-He continues to put up solid numbers in the slot.
- Laurent Robinson-With all the injuries in Dallas and them playing the awful Pats defense after the bye, would be a nice stash and grab.
- Preston Parker-He continues to be a solid underneath receiver.
Follow me on Twitter and feel free to ask any and all fantasy football questions –dvond
Good Luck this week!
Thanks to everyone who signed up last week. Fan Duel gave away $300 in prizes exclusively to JetNation members. They are doing the same thing again. If you signed up last week, make sure you enter again. If you didn’t sign up here is the link:
It is FREE!