- Richi Cimini of ESPN.com takes a look at the upcoming Jets Free Agents.
- Brandon Jacobs wants to retire a Giant, but would he consider the Jets as a backup plan?
- LB Bart Scott had an elbow scope, a minor procedure that shouldn’t make him miss any time.
- Justin Tuck who took a shot at the Jets during the Giants Super Bowl parade has some nice words for Rex Ryan.
- Adam Schein of SNY took to twitter to voice his opinion on the report that the Jets are bringing back QB coach Matt Cavanaugh.
I, like Schein, am surprised that Cavanaugh is being brought back. He hasn’t been able to make Sanchez progress at the rate that the Coaching Staff or the fans have expected. It had previously been reported that OC Tony Sparano had wanted to bring in Brian Daboll, his OC from his days with the Dolphins, to take over for Cavanaugh at QB Coach. Daboll eventually took the Kansas City Chiefs OC job, so it seems that Rex and co. felt that Cavanaugh was a better option than the potential replacements who were still available.
As for Brandon Jacobs, whether he becomes available or not the Jets shouldn’t even consider him. He’s 30 years old who has made a name for himself by being a bruising, physical running back. He is on the downside of his career and has hit the dreaded age for running backs. If the Jets want to bring in a bruiser for their backfield and are willing to look at Free Agents, a better option would be Michael Bush from the Oakland Raiders. Cap Space is still a concern, and the Jets need to be very cautious with the way they spend their money come March 13th.