Fantasy Football Start \ Sit
Last week I was able to go 6-4 for the Overachievers highlighted by Alfred Morris, Willis McGahee and Torrey Smith while going 8-2 for under achievers being led by Tony Romo, Steven Jackson, and Kenny Britt.
- Philip Rivers (11)-If he does not break out versus the Saints, it may never happen, they are the 6th worst defensive team against quarterbacks.
- Ben Roethlisberger (12)- He is off to a career best start, and I can see it continuing especially off the bye.
- Ahmad Bradshaw (20)-He looked healthy and get’s to play a Brown defense which is ranked in the middle of the pack versus running back’s.
- Ryan Williams (24)-This si another guy that if he will break out it will be against the porous Rams run defense.
- Donald Brown (27)-He is rested off the bye week and if the Colts want to keep it close versus the Packers, he should get 15-20 touches.
- Eric Decker (21)-He received a lot of attention from Peyton Manning last week and gets the 9th worst pass defense versus wide receivers.
- Domenik Hixon (31)-Hakeem Nicks is out again and he stepped up very nicely while getting a nice matchup versus the Browns.
- Jerome Simpson (37)-He had a nice start to his season last week and gets the Titans defense.
- Brent Celek (12)- The Steelers have had issues with covering the tight end position, should open things up for Celek.
- Jared Cook (17)-The Vikings are ranked in the bottom 7 in defense against tight ends and Hasselbeck is a big Cook fan.
- Matt Schaub (14)-Even without Revis the jets have been tough on opposing quarterbacks, expecting a blowout and limited passing production.
- Christian Ponder (15)-He has put up a solid season but they are playing a very conservative game and expect pedestrian numbers.
- Fred Jackson (22)-He may get a few catches but the 49ers are the best defense against running backs.
- Deangelo Williams (26)-He is very hit or miss and I can see Stewart getting more touches especially in the red zone.
- Rashard Mendenhall (29)-This will be his 1st game back, I would wait and see how healthy and how effective he looks before plugging him in your lineup.
- Andre Brown (33)-After only 5 touches last week, he looks to be an afterthought and cannot be started until there is another injury.
- Pierre Garcon (24)-He is still not healthy and will be used as more of a decoy.
- Jeremy Maclin (28)-He does not look right and seems to be there to open up the lanes for Desean Jackson.
- Anquan Boldn (32)-He is coming off a huge game on national TV; I would expect him back to his normal pedestrian output.
- Heath Miller (12)-The Eagles are the 3rd best defense against tight ends, look in another direction for you starting tight end this week.
Thank you for reading all year and I hope my advice is helpful whether here or on Twitter. Good Luck!