Welcome to our 4th installment of Start ‘em and Sit ‘em. I try and not call out obvious decisions and make this productive for possible decisions that fantasy owner have to make. We have done with for a few years with good results and great feedback. We are now in bye week season with 6n teams being off and a ton of top running backs. Last week we got back on track going 10-3 in the Start ‘Em and crushed it again in the Sit “em going 8-2. Please feel free to direct any questions to me either below or on Twitter. Let’s get to this week’s list;
- Ben Roethlisburger – He gets the Tampa Bay defense, there is no way he is not a top 5 QB this week.
- Nick Foles – For some reason ESPN has him 9th, he is averaging over 300 yards a week and the 49ers defense has been pretty awful versus the pass.
- Matt Asiata – If you have him, this should be the week he plays like a RB2, the Falcons are so much worse on the road.
- DeAngelo Williams – For the 1st time in a long time, he will have all the carries to himself.
- Alfred Blue – It is not looking good for Foster this week, so he should be a solid RB2 with his expected volume.
- Keenan Allen – With the matchup versus the Jaguars and his slow start this is a gamble but if he is going to break out this is the week.
- Kelvin Benjamin – He has some drops but with no other options continues to rack up double digit targets.
- Brandin Cooks – He has become Brees favorite WR target passing Colston. Ride him versus the Cowboys.
- Marcus Wheaton – Just ride everyone against the Bucs.
- Jordan Matthews – The 49ers have struggled big time versus slot receivers.
- Larry Donnell – Still looks to be the 2nd favorite target of Eli Manning.
- Matt Ryan – You may have to start him due to bye weeks but he is so much worse on the road and especially outside.
- Cam Newton – He does not look right, not running and if you are putting all your eggs in the Carolina passing game, gamble somewhere else.
- Rashad Jennings – You have to start him but the Washington team has been very solid versus the run so temper those expectations.
- J. Spiller – He just does not get enough touches to warrant a start even in a large bye week. I do not expect more than 50 -60 total yards and zero touchdowns.
- Frank Gore – The Eagles have been stout versus the run and this could be another week that Kap throws it all over the field to keep up with the Eagles.
- Andre Johnson – He has been passed by Hopkins as the #1 WR target, I do not seeing it getting better against a tough Bills defense.
- Mike Wallace – The Raiders have been very tough versus the pass and with the shaky QB play in Miami, I would not be confident.
- DeSean Jackson – He looked great last week in a revenge game but is still gimpy and on short week, will be tough for him to bounce back.
- Marques Colston – He got bailed out by a td last week but the targets are not there to start him unless desperate.
- Jason Witten – The Cowboy are not looking to him in any capacity other than run blocking.
I wish everyone luck this year and let’s all have a great week and let me know if you have any questions.