Welcome to our 9th installment of Start ‘em and Sit ‘em. I try and not call out obvious decisions or top 6 players at QB, top 15 at RB or WR and make this productive for possible decisions that each fantasy owner has to make each week. This is a huge bye week with Atlanta, Buffalo, Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay and Tennessee off this week. Last week we had a good week going 9-2 in the Start ‘Em and 5-5 in the Sit ‘Em. I will be away on vacation next week as a FYI. Please feel free to direct any questions to me on Twitter. Let’s get to this week’s list;
- Colin Kaepernick – His last game on the road against the Rams was his best of the season and that defense has gotten worse (if possible), it should be a huge week.
- Eli Manning – He always has a big week off the bye and has a good match up at home against a team that was lit up on the road last week,
- Denard Robinson – With 2 very good week in the books and getting a bad run defense in the Bengals, enjoy the ride.
- Chris Ivory – If the Jets are going to stay in the game, he should get at least 15 carries and now has the RB1 job by himself.
- Bobby Rainey – Martin is out this week and the Browns are pretty awful versus the run, the few times he has gotten a ton of touches he has performed well.
- Rueben Randle – He gets 10 targets a game and should run free against the Colts.
- Brandin Cooks – He is back in Brees good graces and gets a bad Panthers defense on Thursday night.
- Allen Robinson – He is the king of garbage time points but they count the same.
- Jason Witten- The Cardinals are shaky defending tight ends and if its Weeden, I can see 8-10 targets.
- Tony Romo – he looked awful when he came back and is a game time decision, do not take the chance it is not worth it.
- Ben Roethlisberger – Coming off a huge week, the defense is tougher and he should come back to earth.
- Jerick McKinnon – He is getting the touches but Washington has been good against the run.
- Frank Gore – The Rams have done well against bigger backs and with it being so easy to pass against them, Gore just will not get enough chances.
- Tre Mason – Stay far away from the Rams running backs, even Fisher is drawing straws on the sideline.
- Doug Baldwin – The Raiders are actually pretty good against Wr’s.
- Marques Colston – With one good game all year, if he had a different name he would be much farther down any rankings.
- Michael Floyd – He only has 18 targets in last 4 games, wait and see if Palmer starts looking for him again.
- Zach Ertz – He just does not get consistent targets to start him week in and week out.
Here are a few fantasy streaming defenses that may be available- Bengals, Browns, Chiefs and Vikings
I wish everyone luck this week and let me know if you have any questions.