BURSON-MARSTELLER SUPER BOWL SURVEY HIGHLIGHTS
THE AT-HOME EXPERIENCE TRIUMPHS
- 69% of fans would prefer to watch the game in the comfort of their own home, with family and friends. Only 23% would prefer to watch the game in-person.
IS IT JUST A GAME?
- 51% of Americans think of the Super Bowl as a social event or entertainment spectacle, with 49% considering it a sporting event.
Visit BetOnline.ag to place your bets during the Super Bowl!
PUTTING FANS IN CONTROL OF HOW THEY SEE THE ACTION
- Fans are interested in more ways to enhance the game experience – specifically, 47% are interested in multiple camera views that they could select themselves.
WHO ARE FANS LISTENING TO ON SOCIAL MEDIA DURING THE GAME?
- 43% of social media users look for commentary from close friends during the Super Bowl, versus 12% interested in what companies and brands are saying.
A GLIMPSE: MILLENIALS AND THE SUPER BOWL
- More than half (55%) of Millennials consider the Super Bowl to be a social or entertaining spectacle as opposed to a sporting event.
- 48% of Millennials stated that they purchased a product they saw featured in a game day ad last year.
- A third (33%) of Millennials would prefer a boring Super Bowl with great commercials, versus a great game with boring commercials.
- 82% of millennials are expecting to check social media or news outlets during the big game, with 37% of them planning to make five or more posts during it.
- Two thirds (69%) of Millennials feel that social media brings them closer to the game.