The New York Jets have hired a slew of new scouts, as part of GM Mike Maccagnan’s cleansing of the Jet’s scouting department, one which had been underwhelming in production for quite some time. Here are some of the new hires:
- An area scout for the Green Bay Packers, he used to scout the North East section of college football.
- He was hired by Ron Wolf, in 1998. Wolf, who was a primary consultant for the Jets GM search this offseason, may have recommended Gissendaner .
- He will be the East Coast scout for the Jets.
- A former Associate Director of Pro and College Scouting for the Browns.
- An area scout covering the Southeast region of the country for the Chargers until he was hired by the Jets in two different stints with the team.
- He will be covering the West Coast for the Jets.
- A former area scout for the Chicago Bears.
- Click Here to watch a video of him breaking down Bears 6th round pick, Tayo Fabuluje.
- He will covering the Central part of the country for the Jets.
- Former LB from Virginia Tech.
- Will be covering the Plains for the Jets as an area scout.
- Some prospects for the 2016 NFL Draft from the Plains that could be of interest for the Jets: Joey Bosa (Ohio State), Cardale Jones (Ohio State), Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame), Ezekiel Elliott (Ohio State), and Darron Lee (Ohio State).
- A former area scout, most recently with the Dallas Cowboys.
- Walter Football once named him one of the top talent evaluators in the country.
- He will be the Jets Northeast area scout this upcoming season.
- Some prospects from the Northeast that may be of interest for the Jets in 2016: Christian Hackenberg (Penn State), Connor Cook (Michigan State), Tyler Boyd (Pittsburgh), James Connor (Pittsburgh), and Shilique Calhoun (Michigan State).
- An Assistant Director of College Scouting most recently with the Kansas City Chiefs.
- Click Here to watch a video of him breaking down Ramik Wilson in the most recent draft. Also, a video about Rakeem Nunez-Roches.
- He will be the Southwest regional scout for the Jets.
- Some prospects from the Southwest that could be of interest for the Jets in the 2016 draft: Scobby Wright (Arizona), Spencer Drango (Baylor), Germain Ifedi (Texas A & M).
- He was the West coast area scout of the Rams.
- He has worked with Brian Heimerdinger, who also joined the Jets this year as the Director of Player Personnel, while with the Rams.
- He will be the Southeast area scout for the Jets.
- Some prospects of interest from the Southeast in the upcoming draft: Laremy Tunsil (Ole Miss), Robert Nkemdiche (Ole Miss), Laquon Treadwell (Ole Miss), Jalen Ramsey (Florida State), Duke Williams (Auburn), and Cameron Sutton (Tennessee).
The Jets seem to have gone for some well experienced guys, that have moved up the ladder with their former teams. To further discuss this topic, please visit our thread on the forum in regards to the new hires.