Welcome to week four of NFL football and my start or sit column. For normal leagues, I’ll pick some players outside the top 10 and 15 who I think will play well as well as some higher rated players who I see underachieving using the ESPN rankings. I’ve got my FanDuel picks at the bottom.
Last week, I went 14-6 in underachievers and overachievers, and 12-5 in what was a successful week for me in FanDuel. Let’s get to it. Also be sure to check out our FanDuel league this week with over $4,000 in prize $.
- New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees: Even if he plays there is just no way to trust him right now.
- Miami Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill: The Jets are the best defending the QB in fantasy, look elsewhere.
- Pittsburgh QB Michael Vick: He has to prove it to me, there is a reason he was out there so long in the off season.
- Seattle Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch: He is 50/50 to play, I would not take the chance waiting for Monday unless you have Thomas Rawls.
- San Francisco 49ers RB Carlos Hyde: I see a high scoring blowout and he will not get the opportunities, its not about the talent its the situation.
- Carolina Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart: He has been mediocre at best, and just not getting push or goal line chances.
- Arizona Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald: The Rams bend but don’t break defense has made them a tough play for WR’s
- Chicago Bears WR Alshon Jeffrey: I just cannot start a WR with Jimmy Claussen as the QB.
- Miami Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry: I see the Dolphins struggling big time in London.
- Pittsburgh Steelers TE Heath Miller: He cannot be in your lineup until Big Ben comes back.
- Buffalo Bills QB Tyrod Taylor: He has been a top 5 fantasy QB and the Giants are last in the league in passing yards allowed.
- Baltimore Ravens QB Joe Flacco: He has had a sneaky good fantasy year and the Steelers secondary is awful.
- Oakland Raiders QB Derek Carr; He has the OL and weapons in a great match-up against the Bears.
- Indianapolis Colts RB Frank Gore: He is averaging 4.7 YPA and with the possible blowout, he should have a great day.
- Cincinnati Bengals RB Jeremy Hill: If he is going to break out this has to be the week if not, its time to shut him down.
- Cleveland Browns RB Isaiah Crowell: This is my long shot play and more of a play against the Chargers.
- Green Bay Packers WR James Jones: There is no way he can be on any bench.
- Indianapolis Colts WR Donte Moncrief: He looks to be the 1a to Hilton’s 1.
- Buffalo Bills WR Percy Harvin: Here is my long shot play of the week with Sammy Watkins out.
- Buffalo Bills TE Charles Clay: As you can see I like all the Bills this week.
Here are my FanDuel picks for the week where I will give some higher and lower salaries I like at each position. As you will see, I will be focusing on bad defenses:
- Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton 8,300: If you are going to pay this is the match-up you want.
- Buffalo Bills QB Tyrod Taylor 7,600: A nice price for a top 5 QB.
- Oakland Raiders QB Derek Carr 7,000: The bet cheap option of the week.
- Oakland Raiders RB Latavius Murray, $7,500: The anti-Bears pick.
- Indianapolis Colts RB Frank Gore, $7,300: A big lead should give him a ton of work.
- Jacksonville Jaguars RB T.J Yeldon, $6,400: A cheap, option who is in the top 5 in carries.
- Buffalo Bills RB Karlos Williams, $6,300: A no-brainer with McCoy out.
- Green Bay Packers WR Randall Cobb, $8,200: A top 3 WR with a bargain price.
- Houston Texans WR DeAndre Hopkins, $7,900: 12 or more targets every week.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Mike Evans, $7,500: This is the cheapest he will be the rest of the year.
- Philadelphia Eagles WR Jordan Mathews, $7,000: The passing game look shaky but he continues to get the targets.
- Indianapolis Colts WR Donte Moncrief, $6,300: QB Andrew Luck continues to pepper him with tons of targets.
- Green Bay Packers WR James Jones, $6,000: Touchdowns all day, every game.
- Buffalo Bills WR Percy Harvin, $5,700: The best cheap option of the week, boom or bust.
- Indianapolis Colts TE Coby Fleener, $4,900: He seems to shine against bad pass defenses and with Allen out.
- Denver Broncos TE Owen Daniels, $4,600: If you have to go cheap somewhere this is the place.
Thank you for reading and have a great week, feel free to ask any questions here or on Twitter..