Fantasy Football Fantasy Sports Featured Editorials
NFL Fantasy Football Week 7: Start ‘Em, Sit ‘Em And FanDuel Picks
Welcome to Week 7! For standard leagues, I’ll pick some players outside the top 10 and 15 who I think will play well as well as some higher rated players who I see underachieving using the ESPN rankings. My FanDuel picks are at the bottom. Last week, I went 13-7 in underachievers and overachievers, and went 15-5 and my best week of the year in FanDuel. Let’s get to it.
- Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton- He played great last week vs an overrated Seahawks defense and the Philadelphia Eagles defense will give him issues.
- Atlanta Falcons QB Matt Ryan- He is the QB of an undefeated team but fantasy wise has been average at best, there are better options.
- Jacksonville Jaguars QB Blake Bortles- He is a better fantasy QB than real life but this is a huge game for Rex Ryan and the Bills and I think his good run comes to an end this week.
- Seattle Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch- The 49ers have been solid on defense at home and his OL is still not opening any holes, way too TD dependent.
- Baltimore Ravens RB Justin Forsett- Going on the road against a defense in Arizona that plays so much better at home is what looks to be a blowout.
- New England Patriots RB LeGarrette Blount- This is not his week in playing the best run defense in the NFL in the Jets.
- New England Patriots WR Julian Edelman- He has been so consistent but goes on Revis island this week, I see more of a Gronk high workload.
- Kansas City Cheifs WR Jeremy Maclin- He had a concussion and defenses will continue to take theChiefs #1 offensive weapon away.
- Philadelphia Eagles WR Jordan Matthews- He continues to drop every other pass and his QB is killing him as well, stay away unless Sanchez gets the job.
- Cleveland Browns TE Gary Barnidge- He has been a great story but I think the Rams slow down his touchdown run.
- New York Giants QB Eli Manning- He usually rips up the Cowboys plus is much better at home.
- Miami Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill- The Houston defense is not good and Miami has some hop in their step with the new coach.
- Detroit Lions QB Mathew Stafford- I think he might have finally found his nirvana in throwing deep to Calvin Johnson and continues this week.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB Doug Martin- The Redskins defense has holes and they will be exposed for the 3rd week in a row.
- Carolina Panthers RB Jonathon Stewart- Last week was a mirage and his best game in year, Eagles give up nothing on the ground.
- Jacksonville Jaguars RB T.J Yeldon- He is not healthy and I am expecting a huge effort in England from the Bills.
- Indianapolis Colts WR Donte Moncrief- He is a must start every week and looks to be Andrew Luck’s favorite target.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Mike Evans- This is a pure hunch, if he does not go big this week, it may not happen.
- Washington Redskins WR Pierre Garcon- He is their only real weapon in the passing game and should pile up the targets.
- Buffalo Bills TE Charles Clay- He has a great match up and should dominate the targets with no Sammy Watkins and Percy Harvin.
Here are my FanDuel picks for the week where I will give some higher and lower salaries I like at each position. As you will see, I will be focusing on the defenses to pick on:
- Arizona Cardinals QB Carson Palmer, $8,400: The best match up of the week.
- New York Giants QB ELi Manning, $7,800: He plays so well vs the Cowboys and at home.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston, $6,500: The best cheap option of the week.
- Atlanta Falcons RB Devonta Freeman, $8,700: He has to be in every lineup.
- St Louis Rams RB Todd Gurley, $7,400: Expect 25 touches against the worst run defense in the NFL.
- Tampa Buccaneers RB Doug Martin, $7,200: The Redskins last two games against the run have been awful.
- Oakland Raiders RB Latavius Murray, $7,000: He had the week off and the Chargers will be worn down from the Packers game last week.
- Miami Dolphins RB Lamar Miller, $6,700: Nice price for a possible 20 touches.
- Detroit Lions RB Theo Riddick, , $5,200: If you go bog at other areas this is a safe 8-11 points.
- Houston Texans WR DeAndre Hopkins, $9,200: Just pay the man.
- Miami Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry, $7,100- He was the focus of the new coach last week.
- Arizona Cardinals WR John Brown, $6,700: The Ravens have maybe the worst pass defense, a bargain
- Indianapolis Colts WR Donte Moncrief, $6,500: I expect a huge game and you have to go cheaper somewhere.
- Miami Dolphins WR Rishard Mathews, $6,400: A sneaky pick who gets 8-10 targets.
- Washington Redskins WR Pierre Garcon, $6,100: My best cheap option of the week.
- Minnesota Vikings WR Stefon Diggs, $5,800: A safe 6-8 points.
- San Diego Chargers TE Antonio Gates, $5,800: Came back strong last week, and this is the cheapest he will be the rest of the way.
NY Jets Phase 3 OTAs, Expectations and a Minor Calf Tweak with Greg Renoff