Welcome to Week 8!
For standard leagues, I’ll pick some players outside the top 10 and 15 who I think will play well as well as some higher rated players who I see underachieving using the ESPN rankings. I’ve got my FanDuel picks at the bottom.
Last week, I went 15-5 in underachievers and overachievers, and went 14-3 and my best week of the year in FanDuel. Let’s get to it.
- Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers : I would not play any skill players against Denver at home.
- Indianapolis Colts QB Andrew Luck: Carolina at home with the way Luck is turning the ball over will not end well.
- Miami Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill: He has had a 5 game streak of double digit td’s but it ends in New England.
- New York Jets RB Chris Ivory: I am more worried about the hamstring than the talent.
- New England Patriots RB Dion Lewis: Even if he plays he is not close to 100%.
- Green Bay Packers RB Eddie Lacy: His ankle is supposedly healed but I have to see it to believe it against Denver.
- Denver Broncos WR Demaryious Thomas: He only has 1 td and I see another grind it out low scoring game in Denver.
- Arizona Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald: He is slowing down while Michael Floyd and John Brown are getting more targets.
- Indianapolis Colts WR T.Y Hilton: Welcome to Josh Norman island.
- Dallas Cowboys TE Jason Witten: He looks slow and beat up, there are better te options.
- New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees: He has been getting the yards but not the td’s, it changes against the Giants.
- Seattle Seahawks QB Russel Wilson: This is more of a gut call that he is due for a fantasy break out week.
- New York Jets QB Ryan Fitzpatrick: The Raiders may have the worst secondary in the league.
- Kansas City Chiefs RB Charcandrick West: He looks like the work horse and get the shaky Lionsdefense.
- Cincinnati Bengals RB Gio Bernard: The Steelers are tough to run against but I can see 8-10 targets in receiving game.
- San Diego Chargers RB Danny Woodhead: He is a top 10 ppr RB, with Gordon on the outs, ride the wave.
- Miami Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry: I expect 8-12 targets.
- Arizona Cardinals WR John Brown: He looks to be the favorite target of Carson Palmer.
- Minnesota Vikings WR Stefon Diggs: He is now a WR1 and should get 10 targets a game.
- San Diego Chargers TE Ladarious Green: I do not see Antonio Gates playing and this is a great match up.
Here are my FanDuel picks for the week where I will give some higher and lower salaries I like at each position. As you will see, I will be focusing on the defenses to pick on:
- Jameis Winston QB Tampa Buccaneers, $6,600
- Drew Brees QB New Orleans Saints, $7,900
- Cam Newton QB Carolina Panthers, $8,000
- Philip Rivers QB San Diego Chargers, $8,500
- Danny Woodhead RB San Diego Chargers, $6,100
- Darren McFadden RB Dallas Cowboys, $6,400
- James Stewart RB Carolina Panthers, $6,600
- Gio Bernard RB Cincinnati Bengals, $6,700
- Chris Johnson RB, Arizona Cardinals, $7,300
- Mark Ingram RB New Orleans Saints, $8,000
- Devonta Freeman RB Atlanta Falcons, $9,100
- Michael Floyd WR Arizona Cardinals, $4,900
- Devonte Adams WR Green Bay Packers, $5,300
- Steve Johnson WR San Diego Chargers, 5,900
- Stefon Diggs WR Minnesota Vikings, $6,700
- Keenan Allen WR San Diego Chargers, $8,000
- Julio Jones WR Atlanta Falcons, $9,200
- Jeff Cumberland TE New York Jets, $4,600
- Ladarious Green TE San Diego Chargers, $5,300