Welcome to Week 10!
For standard leagues, I’ll pick some players outside the top 10 and 15 who I think will play well as well as some higher rated players who I see underachieving using the ESPN rankings. I’ve got my FanDuel picks at the bottom.
Last week, I was on vacation. Let’s get to this week’s picks.
- Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton: This is a gut feel that off a big win they will struggle on the road.
- Arizona Cardinals QB Carson Palmer: I see Seattle clamping down in a low scoring game at home.
- Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson: He has been average at best and now sees a top 5 defense.
- New York Jets RB Chris Ivory: He has been average at best since the hamstring injury and the short week will be a tough test.
- Oakland Raiders RB Latavious Murray: He went out with a concussion and may not play a ton if any.
- Chicago Bears RB Jeremy Lankford: He was great last week but a much stiffer test awaits in ST Louis.
- New York Jets WR Brandon Marshall: Another injured guy off the short week, I do not expect 100 yards.
- Kansas City Chiefs WR Jeremy Maclin: He is off the bye but the Denver Broncos defense will look to make a statement after last week’s debacle.
- Seattle Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham: See my note on Wilson, same goes here.
- New York Jets QB Ryan Fitzpatrick: The Buffalo Bills pass defense is shaky at best and I can see him have a top 10 week.
- Denver Broncos QB Peyton Manning: He played pretty well the last 2 weeks and with the Chiefs tough run defense, I think they have to throw to win.
- Baltimore Ravens QB Joe Flacco: The best streamer of the week playing the Jaguars at home.
- Green Bay Packers RB James Starks: He now is the starter and a perfect run defense to play against.
- Jacksonville Jaguars RB T.J Yeldon: This is about volume, hardly any RB’s are getting his volume.
- Kansas City Cheifs RB Chacandrick West: The same reasoning as I have for T.J Yeldon.
- New Orleans Saints WR Brandin Cooks: He is now a top 20 WR over the whole season and Drew Brees is forcing the ball to him.
- New England Patriots WR Branden LaFell: Tom Brady is getting him 8 targets or more plus a spicy opponent in the New York Giants.
- Green Bay Packers WR DaVonte Adams: He is back as the WR2 in a week they may throw a ton.
- Green Bay Packers TE Richard ROdgers: He is td deendant but is a top 10 TE.
Here are my FanDuel picks for the week where I will give some higher and lower salaries I like at each position. As you will see, I will be focusing on the defenses to pick on:
- Washington Redskins QB Krik Cousins $6,500
- Philadelphia Eagles QB Sam Bradford $7,300
- Baltimore Ravens QB Joe Flacco $7,500
- Jacksonville Jaguars QB $7,800
- Oakland Raiders RB Marcel Reece $5,000
- Cleveland Browns RB Duke Johnson $5,900
- Green Bay Packers RB James Starks $6,000
- New England Patriots RB LeGarrette Blount $6,900
- Philadelphia Eagles RB DeMarco Murray $7,700
- St Louis Rams RB Todd Gurley $9,200
- Cincinnati Bengals WR Marvin Jones $5,400
- Baltimore Ravens WR Kamar Aiken $5,400
- Washington Redskins WR DeSean Jackson $6,000
- New England Patriots WR Brandon LaFell $6,200
- New Orleans Saints WR Willie Snead $6,500
- New Orleans Saints WR Brandin Cooks $7,200
- Jacksonville Jaguars WR Allen Robinson $7,500
- Green Bay Packers WR Randall Cobb $7,700
- Baltimore Ravens TE Crockett Gilmore $5,000
- Cincinnati Bengals TE Tyler Eifert $6,200
- Carolina Panthers TE Greg Olson $6,300
- New ENgland Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski $8,000