The NY Jets held their annual Green & White Scrimmage on Saturday night at Metlife Stadium. The turnout from the fans was pretty impressive. I didn’t see an official head count anywhere but the parking lot was packed and the lower level of the stadium was pretty crowded. The night was actually a practice \ scrimmage. There was no tackling so that always changes things. A QB can take more chances when he is wearing a red jersey. We live tweeted the night, you can scroll through our feed below and get a full recap of the action including several photos.
- Marcus Maye intercepted Josh McCown and took it the distance. A very impressive play and a good start for the rookie safety.
- Chris Harper (WR) continued a strong training camp and had a great night.
- Quincy Enunwa dropped to the ground after dropping a Hackenberg pass close to the goal line. He fell after trying to get up in what was a very scary moment. The Jets have described it as a neck injury, and Todd Bowles said it is the same injury that kept Quincy off the field during minicamp.
- The Jets run defense looked good, although like I mentioned earlier when they aren’t tackling it is hard to judge completely.
- All three QBs had moments that were impressive and not so impressive.
- Josh McCown continues to get the first snaps in every drill. He had a long TD pass but also the low point of the night (the pick 6 by Maye).
- Hackenberg wasn’t terrible but wasn’t great. Except for one play, he stepped up in the pocket and threw a 24 yard touchdown pass to Jordan Leggett.
- Bryce Petty was having a nice night during 7 on 7’s but didn’t stand out during the scrimmage.
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins is the tight end we have been hoping for, he seems poised for a solid season.