Watching this team is like getting your wisdom teeth pulled by the dentist without Novocaine. A shameful effort by the offense and coaching staff led to an embarrassing 13-6 loss to MIA:
– Too many appearances for Lachlan Edwards as the offense was generating multiple three and outs.
– Jason Myers has had an excellent year but the missed FG was a killer. But the offense did him no favors as they had a sack, delay of game penalty and drop before his attempt.
– Practically every drive started inside the 20 as MIA punter took the ball out of Andre Roberts hands.
– The only facet of the team that showed up as MIA was in good field position all game yet they only gave up six points.
– Jamal Adams continued his excellent play as he was all over the field. He impacted the game in run support, blitzing and coverage.
– Jordan Jenkins probably had his best game of his career with multiple sacks & TFL’s.
– Other defenders who showed up were Avery Williamson, Buster Skrine and Jeremiah Attaochu.
– This game is another indictment of the coaching staff and continues to prove they aren’t equipped to develop a young QB.
– The offense was so bad their best “drive” of them game was when MIA committed back to back face masks for 30 yards.
– How does the coaching staff justify leaving Spencer Long in the game after his tenth awful snap?
– Elijah McGuire had fresh explosive legs (3 recs / 37 yds), why wasn’t he used more?
– Chris Herndon showed up again (4 recs / 62 yds), why wasn’t he used more?
– Jermaine Kearse, how do you go out of bounds with no one around you on the final drive of the game? And why did he get nine targets when McGuire & Herndon were more effective?
– Why are they wasting a timeout on the third play of the second half?
– Sam Darnold was awful as he lost the game with four INT’s and a pick six. The bigger question is how much are the bad snaps affecting his play?
You can read more about the game and see what fans are saying in our NY Jets message board.